Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:26 AM
Default $181,000 for first Ghost Hunting job??
I'm not joking. I (and by I; I mean my sim) tried the stylist career and got very bored, very quickly. So I quit and decided ghost hunting sounds more exciting.
My first night on the job and I go to Sri Landgraab's house to Exorcise. After exorcising 4 objects, I received 181,000 simoleons.

I stared at the monitor with my mouth hanging open in shock for like 2 minutes. *obviously I need sleep; am hallucinating*
Go to the next job at another household that is obviously poor and Catch Spirits and receive 10,000 simoleons.

So anyone have that happen? Is this normal? I only have AwesomeMod and none of my other jobs have ever done that, even at the highest levels. My ghost hunter was on her FIRST job.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:51 AM
proffesion simolean booster ltr?
xD

Glitch or something O_o
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:54 AM
Just this week was the first time I played since the patch came out, and I've only played one sim who is in the stylist career. I noticed this happening when he would go to people's houses to give them makeovers, first one he did he got §124,000, and the next one after that §164,000. So yes, I've noticed this also.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:58 AM
It's an AwesomeMod bug. It was picking the wrong value. Get the new version to fix it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 3:41 AM
And here I thought it couldn't possibly be AM.....<_<
Now, how do I get rid of the money? I find it's much more fun to play if you don't cheat. I need that money flushing mod.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 3:51 AM
Thank goodness that bug is fixed. Try getting §1.8 million for flushing out one spirit. I'm not even sure how the household could afford it.

@ Sisaly:
As for getting rid of the money, I used testingcheatsenabled true (I guess it has the word "cheat" in it) and then followed it up with familyfunds [family name] [reasonable amount of § before the absurd amount of income].
Then, follow up with testingcheatsenabled false.

If all else fails, use Twallain's ...uh... MasterController or look around to do the same thing for that flushing mod.

Sometimes, cheating isn't always bad!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 4:03 AM
Thanks Downwind, I just realized I could do that while looking for a solution.
Barbie Dahl now has $2000.