Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#376 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 6:57 PM
A mod which allows you to set secondary homes to belong to specific sims so that when they go home they'll go home to that lot instead of always the primary home lot.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#377 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I wish there was smaller mosaic mod like this one in TS4.

I feel like smaller mosaic is sexier and more risque than no mosaic at all, and EA's default mosaic is just plain ugly.

Yes! I spent ages looking for one! I don't want to use a decensor mod because they weird me out (not offense to anyone who uses them), but that mosiac is SO HUGE and covers things that it doesn't need to.
Test Subject
#378 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 10:23 PM
I wish there was a mod that disabled autonomous dish washing. I usually hand-of-god dirty dishes into the dishwasher or make one sim clean up all the dishes, but my sims don't care for that. They'd rather all try to wash their plates individually and stomp their feet and throw tantrums when for some mysterious reason they can't use the sink while someone else is using it.
Mad Poster
#379 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Demongoose
I wish there was a mod that disabled autonomous dish washing. I usually hand-of-god dirty dishes into the dishwasher or make one sim clean up all the dishes, but my sims don't care for that. They'd rather all try to wash their plates individually and stomp their feet and throw tantrums when for some mysterious reason they can't use the sink while someone else is using it.

If you catch the sims whom you don't want washing the dishes just as they have finished eating and as they are standing up, you should be able to successfully cancel wash the dishes from their action queues. If you don't catch them in time, an NRaas DebugEnabler Object Reset on the sim will force the action queue to clear (the plate in this case may end up on the floor, though).

I'm pretty sure that NRaas Retuner can disable autonomous dish washing. But the problem with that approach is that no one on other lots being simulated but that you might not be paying any attention to will wash dishes either and your entire civilization will be wiped out by some mysterious disease spawned from ceiling high stacks of dirty dishes accumulating.
Lab Assistant
#380 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:15 PM
I wish a mod existed that made it harder for sims to become celebrities.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I do enjoy how the celebrity system works in the Sims 3, I just wish it was harder for sims to become celebrities. It's too easy to have a world become filled to the brim with celebrities and have to jump through hoops to talk to a sim your sim was already acquainted or friends with. I also don't want to disable my household from becoming famous because I think that sims in my household being able to reach acclaim through their actions is awesome, once again, just wish reaching acclaim and status was harder so that everyone in the damn world doesn't become 1-2 star famous within three generations.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Scholar
#381 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 10:35 PM
There are few things that need fixing with the celebrity system. For example: celebrity Martial Artists unable to spar without getting publicly disgraced for getting into a fight. And one celebrity of mine got accused of passing out after getting a scare. I'd could understand it if there had been witnesses (although it still seems a little harsh) but she was alone and in the depths of a tomb at the time so, unless she talked in her sleep whilst at the base camp, I fail to see how the story could have reached the ears of the paparazzi.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#382 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 11:18 PM Last edited by igazor : 19th Jul 2020 at 3:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LittleCheshire
I wish a mod existed that made it harder for sims to become celebrities.

NRaas StoryProgression provides the required tools to make the celebrity system more challenging to work with. In my worlds it's not a big deal to reach Levels 1 or 2, but it's difficult to get further than that and I have the higher levels capped so that no more than 5 or 6 sims per world can ever get that high until one of them slides back down the scale, moves away (on purpose I mean), or dies. Other combinations of settings are of course possible.
Scholar
#383 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 10:17 AM
I have always wished there were a way to identify items by name in CAS. I recall there was a way of doing that with TS2, using a cheat. I have many items installed using CCMagic and those don't always show a thumbnail, and even with those installed with the Launcher the thumbnails don't always give a clear idea of what the item looks like. When I need to remove something, I sometimes cannot be sure what I am uninstalling.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Forum Resident
#384 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 4:07 PM
I wish there was something that made the position box for the sketchbook larger when doing a still life. It's just way too small to be able to properly get all of whatever you're wanting your Sim to draw in frame.

Honestly, out of all the capture interfaces, the only one that is acceptable really is photography. Painting's isn't as bad as the sketchbook's, but could still be larger.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Field Researcher
#385 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I wish there was something that made the position box for the sketchbook larger when doing a still life. It's just way too small to be able to properly get all of whatever you're wanting your Sim to draw in frame.

Honestly, out of all the capture interfaces, the only one that is acceptable really is photography. Painting's isn't as bad as the sketchbook's, but could still be larger.

Also, you can't zoom in and out for paintings! If you're trying to get a portrait and the easel is in a corner, good luck trying to actually get the person's face instead of wall.

I would love it if there were a way to set individual climates for different worlds. Not just enabling or disabling different weather/seasons (which I already do in some of my games - Lucky Palms will never see rain, for instance.) I want different sunset/sunrise times, adjusted temperatures, different rainfall levels. Imagine an Aurora Skies with a midnight sun in summer. Or a Sunset Valley where the rainy season is fall-winter, but it rarely rains in summer. (I always thought Sunset Valley seemed like a town off the coast of California, kind of like Monterey.) It'd do a lot for setting the mood of a town.
Mad Poster
#386 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar

I would love it if there were a way to set individual climates for different worlds. Not just enabling or disabling different weather/seasons (which I already do in some of my games - Lucky Palms will never see rain, for instance.) I want different sunset/sunrise times, adjusted temperatures, different rainfall levels. Imagine an Aurora Skies with a midnight sun in summer. Or a Sunset Valley where the rainy season is fall-winter, but it rarely rains in summer. (I always thought Sunset Valley seemed like a town off the coast of California, kind of like Monterey.) It'd do a lot for setting the mood of a town.

You may want to check out what NRaas Tempest can do for you.
Field Researcher
#387 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You may want to check out what NRaas Tempest can do for you.

That's awesome, thanks for pointing me there! I don't know how I missed it, I have a billion other nraas mods. I'll have to play around with those settings.
Scholar
#388 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
Also, you can't zoom in and out for paintings! If you're trying to get a portrait and the easel is in a corner, good luck trying to actually get the person's face instead of wall.

Gurra09 released a mod which changes the sunrise/sunset times and allows for you to have a world like Aurora Springs with midnight sun during the summer. However, it does not work on an individual world basis, so you have to take it out if you decide to play another world.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#389 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I have always wished there were a way to identify items by name in CAS. I recall there was a way of doing that with TS2, using a cheat. I have many items installed using CCMagic and those don't always show a thumbnail, and even with those installed with the Launcher the thumbnails don't always give a clear idea of what the item looks like. When I need to remove something, I sometimes cannot be sure what I am uninstalling.

Right clicking on the offending item (with MC) will generate an error log with the instance number of the thing so you can find it that way.
Scholar
#390 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 9:47 PM
Ah, now that's useful to know. Thanks.

Theorist
#391 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 6:17 PM
I want the interaction 'view' to just be 'examine', like it is in almost all other games.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#392 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Deshong : 2nd Aug 2020 at 9:23 PM.
I currently have 78 Sims in my Moonlight Falls neighborhood, in which there are some pregnancies as well. To try to manage my Sims inventories and family inventories I have to switch households to take a look so I'm not deleting things I may want to keep. It takes some time to do that and usually multiple attempts because of the game crashing at some point from so much switching and opening and closing buy mode in order to get into the family inventory. It would be quite the solution if a mod existed that allowed the player to manage both Sim and family/household inventories from a selection of all residents in the neighborhood. To be able to bring up and see the inventory so to pick and choose what gets sold or possibly deleted.

Another thought is I wish Sim A.I. could do more and was smarter. For example, non active Sims, townies, should be able to autonomously manage their own inventories to sell, or gift, or throw in the trash, etc. Of course, it's always best when the player has the options to pick and choose which items are untouchable so Sims could not autonomously get rid of anything the player marked as such. I wish Sims would have been smart about buying things instead of purchasing more of something than they need unless they had some sort of shopaholic trait where that would make sense.

So in a nutshell:

-An in-game feature that allows players to clean and manage all Sims inventories by looking at said inventory to see if all of it should be deleted or if there are some items that want to be kept.

-Sims autonomously managing their own inventories with options for players to mark any item(s) as untouchable so a Sim cannot do anything with said item(s).

-Smart buying instead of buying multiple objects they have no need for. For example: When there are boats for sale, my Sims will sometimes go and buy too many than they even use or need.

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe in the future there may be a mod...or not. Either way for me TS3 is still too much fun and way more advanced and likeable to fret too much.

Edit: And what is with the obsession of books when most of my Sims are not even bookworms? Where the heck do they keep getting books from anyway or are they just stealing it from the library or something which I doubt? And then there's also the issue of toys getting replicated/multiplied as well as food in the fridge...what glitch in the system is this?

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Mad Poster
#393 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 10:04 PM
NRaas MasterController can be used to inspect and sell/delete items within sims' personal and household inventories without the need to switch active households.

The mere existence of NRaas StoryProgression, or actually I think it's when SP's version of progression is active, puts a stop to the replication of food in sims' refrigerators with the trade-off that a brand new purchased fridge does not come with free food inside of it anymore -- that's the mechanism that breaks and otherwise causes the unwanted replications on household switches. We don't know exactly why Twallan chose SP to include that fix rather than say Overwatch, but suspect he ran out of patience when this bug became game-breaking for so many of us and hastened to put a stop to it at all costs. Either that or because the bug is triggered specifically by active household switching, OW wouldn't have been sufficient to provide the required protection for fridge contents across an entire world. But yeah, nothing like "coming home" to a fridge that once had a few things in it and is now overrun with 800 potatoes, 1,600 eggs, 1,200 heads of lettuce, etc. and all of average grocery store quality.

The toy replication thing I'm afraid I'm not familiar with. But if it involves the small toys that come out of toy boxes, maybe it's similar to the fridge contents issue.
Test Subject
#394 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 10:27 PM
Default toddler clothing
I wish for a mod to allow Everyday outfits for toddlers to also be available for formal and sleep. As the "categorizer" stopped working several years ago, I can no longer re-cat anything.
Scholar
#395 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rotata
I wish for a mod to allow Everyday outfits for toddlers to also be available for formal and sleep. As the "categorizer" stopped working several years ago, I can no longer re-cat anything.

MasterController allows you to use any outfit in any category. So this is available if you feel like using MC might need the Integration module I forget.
https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
#396 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:58 AM
I wish there was something to categorize accessories so they don't all load at once. I have a fair amount of accessories and I hate that I have to wait like five minutes for the entire category to load before I can select glasses or socks or something.
Mad Poster
#397 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I wish there was something to categorize accessories so they don't all load at once. I have a fair amount of accessories and I hate that I have to wait like five minutes for the entire category to load before I can select glasses or socks or something.

MasterController's Compact View option tends to reduce the load time on CAS categories tremendously, provided one uses the MC version of CAS and its subsets like Stylist or has the MC Integration add-on module in play. It does this by collapsing the preset variations onto one square/tile instead of one row of three each, thus no longer requiring each item to load three times. The presets can still be seen and used within CASt and the option to compact them can be toggled on and off if needed.

NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Show in Compact Form: Accessories (Clothing, Hats).
Instructor
#398 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
MasterController's Compact View option tends to reduce the load time on CAS categories tremendously, provided one uses the MC version of CAS and its subsets like Stylist or has the MC Integration add-on module in play. It does this by collapsing the preset variations onto one square/tile instead of one row of three each, thus no longer requiring each item to load three times. The presets can still be seen and used within CASt and the option to compact them can be toggled on and off if needed.

NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Show in Compact Form: Accessories (Clothing, Hats).

Tfw you have so much crap in there that it still takes 6 hours to load even with compact mode on (yes I do need them all even if I haven't put them on a single sim since 2016, what do you mean )
Mad Poster
#399 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Tfw you have so much crap in there that it still takes 6 hours to load even with compact mode on

But doesn't that mean it would have taken 18 hours to load without Compact View? Think of all you are getting done with those 12 hours saved on each category switch!
Mad Poster
#400 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 3:41 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 10th Aug 2020 at 5:27 AM.
I honestly wish there was a way to make the CAS camera freely-orbiting, just like TS2 Body Shop's camera.

Having the camera on one track sort of prevents you from being able to check what your sim looks like from different angles (especially looking down), which ends up meaning more trips back into CAS than necessary.
Page 16 of 35