Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#76 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmuHav
I can give it a go. I'm not necessarily the best at explaining things though. It also requires a lot of stuff to explain. Sorry if I either come across patronising, I'm trying to be thorough lol, or if I'm not clear enough. As I said, it is a lot to explain lol. I don't have time to get pics for everything atm, sorry :/

You need:
Blender 2.67b from HERE (this is the last version of Blender that the pose tools fully work with)
Blender 2.79b from HERE (you'll need this if you want to do the workaround to get a poseable rig from the ripper that works properly)
The Clip Tool + Default rigs from HERE
The installation instructions for the clip tool are HERE Install the tools to both versions of Blender.
Here is a pose for you, both as a package and as an animation file HERE

I feel like someone else will possibly able to do a better job of explaining things, but I did my best

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this up! I'll try it soon.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th May 2020 at 10:14 PM
Default Here are all the sliders I have that don't work
Okay, well, decided to finally try to go through all my sliders to see which ones don't rip, and it turned out to be much harder than I thought lol. Took so much longer than I expected. Frustratingly, most of the sliders that don't rip, only produce an error in the 'Show Errors' log when the slider is in one direction or the other, despite not ripping either way. This means I had to test all bidirectional sliders TWICE.

ANYWAY a lot (and I do mean a LOT) of forking sliders later, I've found all the ones I own that don't rip. It comes to 20 sliders in total (out of ~350+ that I own). The only ones I didn't test were ones that affect accessories (Glasses, Eyelashes, Hats, Nails)

SO, hope this helps, HERE is a download link to those 20 sliders. The majority of them are body sliders, but not all of them. I also had two other sliders that said 'Can't Find Bone Delta' in the error log (rather than the usual 'can't read blah blah' error), despite seeming to rip just fine when looking at the sim's face. I can package those up too if it'll help, but as I said, they do seem to rip fine despite the error message.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#78 Old 10th May 2020 at 6:30 PM
Okay, well, decided to finally try to go through all my sliders to see which ones don't rip, and it turned out to be much harder than I thought lol. Took so much longer than I expected. Frustratingly, most of the sliders that don't rip, only produce an error in the 'Show Errors' log when the slider is in one direction or the other, despite not ripping either way. This means I had to test all bidirectional sliders TWICE.

ANYWAY a lot (and I do mean a LOT) of forking sliders later, I've found all the ones I own that don't rip. It comes to 20 sliders in total (out of ~350+ that I own). The only ones I didn't test were ones that affect accessories (Glasses, Eyelashes, Hats, Nails)

SO, hope this helps, HERE is a download link to those 20 sliders. The majority of them are body sliders, but not all of them. I also had two other sliders that said 'Can't Find Bone Delta' in the error log (rather than the usual 'can't read blah blah' error), despite seeming to rip just fine when looking at the sim's face. I can package those up too if it'll help, but as I said, they do seem to rip fine despite the error message.

I've only taken a quick look since I'm on a badly needed break from modding, but I think the problem is that these sliders were made before pets and have a empty (zero) species value instead of the human value, and they don't match when I check the species and get skipped. I'll fix that for the next version. Meanwhile, could you upload a saved sim or a save game with a sim that uses some of these sliders? If that's convenient for you, it would save me some time.

Btw, as you saw, a 'not found' error doesn't necessarily mean a problem, since some slider components are linking to a dummy TGI. Also for the next version I'll check for those dummy links and hopefully avoid the error messages.

Thanks for the error report and especially for uploading the sliders!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#79 Old 11th May 2020 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've only taken a quick look since I'm on a badly needed break from modding, but I think the problem is that these sliders were made before pets and have a empty (zero) species value instead of the human value, and they don't match when I check the species and get skipped. I'll fix that for the next version. Meanwhile, could you upload a saved sim or a save game with a sim that uses some of these sliders? If that's convenient for you, it would save me some time.

Btw, as you saw, a 'not found' error doesn't necessarily mean a problem, since some slider components are linking to a dummy TGI. Also for the next version I'll check for those dummy links and hopefully avoid the error messages.

Thanks for the error report and especially for uploading the sliders!

I can do that. Would you prefer a sim that only uses those exact sliders? I have a 0-slider sim ready that I can add just those ones to.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#80 Old 11th May 2020 at 1:13 PM
I can do that. Would you prefer a sim that only uses those exact sliders? I have a 0-slider sim ready that I can add just those ones to.

As long as it includes some of those sliders it doesn't matter if there are others. What I want is to be able to see the info and error log entries for those sliders as I fiddle with the code, plus of course to test whether they're working.

Test Subject
#81 Old 29th May 2020 at 4:05 AM
Hey there, so I've been doing some slight testing and I have noticed that nails accessories (I'm not sure which one) won't rip. It causes an error saying index out was out array I think or something along those lines? (took me 2 whole weeks to figure why one of the sims wasn't exporting) another thing is some store content won't export either (causes the same error). Another thing I've noticed is that when exporting custom poses and testing them out in-game there are major morph issues. I forgot to take picture of that in-game but it appears the same way on regular rigs that I use. The sim with brown hair is my main issue that causes major deformities as shown on the normal rig. The sim the black hair has deformities in-game too. I tried to copy and paste the poses on the normal rigs but it doesn't accurately match. I used the pose from the sim with black hair and pasted it on the sim with purplish hair
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#82 Old 29th May 2020 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t4cokitty
Hey there, so I've been doing some slight testing and I have noticed that nails accessories (I'm not sure which one) won't rip. It causes an error saying index out was out array I think or something along those lines? (took me 2 whole weeks to figure why one of the sims wasn't exporting) another thing is some store content won't export either (causes the same error). Another thing I've noticed is that when exporting custom poses and testing them out in-game there are major morph issues. I forgot to take picture of that in-game but it appears the same way on regular rigs that I use. The sim with brown hair is my main issue that causes major deformities as shown on the normal rig. The sim the black hair has deformities in-game too. I tried to copy and paste the poses on the normal rigs but it doesn't accurately match. I used the pose from the sim with black hair and pasted it on the sim with purplish hair

I need you to upload or link to the accessories and store content that cause errors so I can look at the packages. Protected store content will not rip.

I don't know what you mean by exporting poses and testing them in-game. Poses can be applied in Blender but these meshes aren't meant to be used in-game. I know very little about poses so you'll have to explain what you're doing in more detail.

Test Subject
#83 Old 29th May 2020 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t4cokitty

If you're trying to rip protected store packages, that will make the rigs deform, I found. You can't rip them due to the encryption, but even if the sim shows up without the content, they will deform. Wouldn't be surprised if any CC that has similar issues might do the same.

Are you using the tip of saving the rigs in Blender 2.79b first then posing in 2.67? Because otherwise the rigs will be broken anyway. They do not import directly into 2.67 correctly.

Are you following the thing I mentioned of copy-pasting the poses onto a default rig before exporting the animation? Actually copy-paste, not import the animation file? If you don't do that, the faces WILL deform. When you say 'morph issues', what do you mean specifically? The deformed faces?

Also, sorry CMar, been super sidetracked recently, will try to upload a sim with those sliders at some point next week.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#84 Old 29th May 2020 at 2:30 PM
If you're trying to rip protected store packages, that will make the rigs deform, I found. You can't rip them due to the encryption, but even if the sim shows up without the content, they will deform. Wouldn't be surprised if any CC that has similar issues might do the same.

Are you using the tip of saving the rigs in Blender 2.79b first then posing in 2.67? Because otherwise the rigs will be broken anyway. They do not import directly into 2.67 correctly.

Are you following the thing I mentioned of copy-pasting the poses onto a default rig before exporting the animation? Actually copy-paste, not import the animation file? If you don't do that, the faces WILL deform. When you say 'morph issues', what do you mean specifically? The deformed faces?

Also, sorry CMar, been super sidetracked recently, will try to upload a sim with those sliders at some point next week.

Thank you! And no problem, I needed a break from modding and am now struggling with bone morphs that still have distortion when scaling drastically smaller, and probably larger.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#85 Old 31st May 2020 at 7:51 PM
Version 0.3.0 uploaded: Improved bone morphs, a start on textures, and faster .DAE.

Test Subject
#86 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 12:59 PM
Version 0.3.0 uploaded: Improved bone morphs, a start on textures, and faster .DAE.

Quickly gave v3 a go, as I needed to rip some sims anyway to make some poses. I'm getting some issues I wasn't getting with v2, I *assume* due to texture issues. Not gonna lie, skin clothes have now terrified me lol!

Another sim crashed v3 but was mostly fine in v2 (error log not completely clear, can't find eyebrows apparently, which has been common, and a top. The trouble with the ripper ripping all the outfits means having to go though all the outfits to work out which is broken.)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#87 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 1:28 PM
Quickly gave v3 a go, as I needed to rip some sims anyway to make some poses. I'm getting some issues I wasn't getting with v2, I *assume* due to texture issues. Not gonna lie, skin clothes have now terrified me lol!

Another sim crashed v3 but was mostly fine in v2 (error log not completely clear, can't find eyebrows apparently, which has been common, and a top. The trouble with the ripper ripping all the outfits means having to go though all the outfits to work out which is broken.)

I need to see the CC packages that are giving you problems. Please upload your saved game or saved sim and the CC they're using that's not showing correctly.

Test Subject
#88 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 3:37 PM Last edited by AmuHav : 3rd Jun 2020 at 4:24 PM.
I need to see the CC packages that are giving you problems. Please upload your saved game or saved sim and the CC they're using that's not showing correctly.

The trouble is trying to find which CC is causing the issue The biggest problem with using CCMagic is pinpointing issues, as the error log just points you to the compressed package the individual item is in :/ so the sim in the example image, error log says can't read the DDS, but I can't pin it down any further than it's an item of clothing, because it's just pointing me to the compressed 'Clothing' package and since the textures are like that picture on every one of his 12 outfits... Tricky to work out if it's just one piece causing the issue

As for the sim causing the crashing, I need to work out which outfit is the one that has the top can't be found, and then which top it is...

Tbh, I'm slowly testing all my sims, and I'm getting a lot of sims I can't rip at all, the ones that do are coming up like the example in my last post with all their textures in the wrong places, only one so far that hasn't, and that one still didn't have hair (though wondering if that's just a transparency thing?). I'm honestly starting to wonder if having all my CC merged via CCMagic isn't my issue...

EDIT: Out of interest, I decided to test with a sim that has zero CC or sliders, except her skin, and default replacement eyes and eyebrows, and the same issue with texture placement is happening. The only error I'm getting for that one is 'Can't read DDS image' for the skin. Image attached (black boxes to cover the nudity lol).
I assume the issue are the skins, as the only ones that don't do this are in my default skin.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:34 PM
The trouble is trying to find which CC is causing the issue The biggest problem with using CCMagic is pinpointing issues, as the error log just points you to the compressed package the individual item is in :/ so the sim in the example image, error log says can't read the DDS, but I can't pin it down any further than it's an item of clothing, because it's just pointing me to the compressed 'Clothing' package and since the textures are like that picture on every one of his 12 outfits... Tricky to work out if it's just one piece causing the issue

As for the sim causing the crashing, I need to work out which outfit is the one that has the top can't be found, and then which top it is...

Tbh, I'm slowly testing all my sims, and I'm getting a lot of sims I can't rip at all, the ones that do are coming up like the example in my last post with all their textures in the wrong places, only one so far that hasn't, and that one still didn't have hair (though wondering if that's just a transparency thing?). I'm honestly starting to wonder if having all my CC merged via CCMagic isn't my issue...

EDIT: Out of interest, I decided to test with a sim that has zero CC or sliders, except her skin, and default replacement eyes and eyebrows, and the same issue with texture placement is happening. The only error I'm getting for that one is 'Can't read DDS image' for the skin. Image attached (black boxes to cover the nudity lol).
I assume the issue are the skins, as the only ones that don't do this are in my default skin.

If you could try removing all your mods and cc, starting a new game, and testing SimRipper again that might tell us whether it's a mod somehow causing this uv mapping problem and possibly the failure to rip. Maybe you could tell me what skins you're using since you think that's an issue. Or since the texturing is very preliminary you could wait for me to work on it more and do more testing.

Do you use any kind of HQ mod or CC that increases the dimensions of the skin textures or clothing beyond 1024x1024? (I'm not in touch much anymore with TS3 modding.)

Test Subject
#90 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:07 PM
If you could try removing all your mods and cc, starting a new game, and testing SimRipper again that might tell us whether it's a mod somehow causing this uv mapping problem and possibly the failure to rip. Maybe you could tell me what skins you're using since you think that's an issue. Or since the texturing is very preliminary you could wait for me to work on it more and do more testing.

Do you use any kind of HQ mod or CC that increases the dimensions of the skin textures or clothing beyond 1024x1024? (I'm not in touch much anymore with TS3 modding.)

I might be able to try that at some point. If it is the skins causing the issues, it's probably all of them except default replacements, as I haven't found a single sim of mine that it doesn't happen to that isn't in a DF skin, and they're all using different skins, including the common ones (Ephemera, KB, Brntwaffles etc.).

I could also try putting one of the skins in-game without putting it through CCMagic, to see if it is an issue with reading them from large merged packages.

I do currently have an HQ mod on at 4096, so I can also try at some point with that turned back down too. I think some of the skins themselves are at higher res anyway, though (pretty sure KB ones are at least)

(Also, just wanna add, I hope I'm not coming across pushy or anything don't feel like you have to rush anything! I know you said you were taking a break from modding, don't feel like you have to push through that <3)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#91 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 6:58 PM
I might be able to try that at some point. If it is the skins causing the issues, it's probably all of them except default replacements, as I haven't found a single sim of mine that it doesn't happen to that isn't in a DF skin, and they're all using different skins, including the common ones (Ephemera, KB, Brntwaffles etc.).

I could also try putting one of the skins in-game without putting it through CCMagic, to see if it is an issue with reading them from large merged packages.

I do currently have an HQ mod on at 4096, so I can also try at some point with that turned back down too. I think some of the skins themselves are at higher res anyway, though (pretty sure KB ones are at least)

(Also, just wanna add, I hope I'm not coming across pushy or anything don't feel like you have to rush anything! I know you said you were taking a break from modding, don't feel like you have to push through that <3)

Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure the HQ textures are causing the mapping problem because of the way I layer the images, so for now I'll just resize everything to 1024x1024. I'll have to take a look at CC Magic to see if it might be causing resources to not be read, although if it just makes combined packages that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks, but don't worry. I'm working at my own pace which may not be fast at times. A big part of my modding vacation was that I couldn't get the bone morphs to work right for WEEKS and needed a break, but that seems to be solved now. (Watch, someone will report a major bone morph problem an hour from now, lol.)

Instructor
#92 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:56 PM
I truly intended to participate so much more with this thread because this is a great addition to the TS3 tool set! But life.. ya know. It happens. But I really wanted to catch up and start testing this out. Right out of the gate I'm hitting an unhandled exception (I'll post the text below). Now, this may be related to the same sliders that AmuHav already mentioned. I do use some of those sliders, but without being in game right this second I can't verify which ones are used on the 2 Sims I have tested (both have the same general error message.) And you may not have addressed those already in the latest update. I will test the sims I have and see if I can figure out which of the sliders is causing an issue just in case it's a different one than is already noted.

Also ps - I hope your much needed break is going / has gone well!

Also pps - Does anyone here more familiar with blender know how (or if it is even possible) to change the bone markers? They are extremely hard to see, especially if your eyesight isn't super great like mine. The ones on the original posing rigs are pretty nice. My google-ing skills aren't the best apparently. I did make an effort to find out on my own. But I'm a little #fail right now. I will try again once I get in there with a working rig.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
I truly intended to participate so much more with this thread because this is a great addition to the TS3 tool set! But life.. ya know. It happens. But I really wanted to catch up and start testing this out. Right out of the gate I'm hitting an unhandled exception (I'll post the text below). Now, this may be related to the same sliders that AmuHav already mentioned. I do use some of those sliders, but without being in game right this second I can't verify which ones are used on the 2 Sims I have tested (both have the same general error message.) And you may not have addressed those already in the latest update. I will test the sims I have and see if I can figure out which of the sliders is causing an issue just in case it's a different one than is already noted.

Also ps - I hope your much needed break is going / has gone well!

Also pps - Does anyone here more familiar with blender know how (or if it is even possible) to change the bone markers? They are extremely hard to see, especially if your eyesight isn't super great like mine. The ones on the original posing rigs are pretty nice. My google-ing skills aren't the best apparently. I did make an effort to find out on my own. But I'm a little #fail right now. I will try again once I get in there with a working rig.

Ideally I'd like to get a copy of your saved game or saved sim and a zip of the mods and CC you use. I know that's a lot to ask and it may not be needed - that error looks to me like it could be a problem in a mesh not being weighted correctly so I'll take a look and see if I can catch any errors like that.

I can make the bones more visible programmatically, so I'll look at adding an option for that to the tool.

My break helped, This is a pretty awful time for so many people for so many reasons, I feel stupid complaining about bone morphs.

Instructor
#94 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 8:44 PM
Okay, so I've tried again with 4 different sims.

Three sims (Jonah, Evginey and Siarhei) failed on initial import. One of these (Jonah) DID import and export with the very first version of the tool, but errors out now.

One sim (Harlan) imported and looks reasonably accurate, but when I attempted to export to .dae, I got an error. BUT - it does look like the sim actually did export. I've not messed around with posing it yet. Most of the bones can't be seen, but do work if you kind of know where they are supposed to be located. Also, I noticed that the bones for the hand do not line up with the actual hand, but they do appear to actually pose. I've attached pictures. One of these sims does have a piece of store content on it, but it's not on the Outfit 1. I don't know if that is the issue.

As a control I did export a game-generated sim (no CC) . That sims DID import and export successfully.

I'll dm you the links for the sims/cc in question. I'm not sure how much you actually need, so I've included everything on them, but not my extended collection of mods. I use this tool to ID the list of CC used on the sim. It's pretty accurate (I manually compared to the sim in game), but it does list a bunch of PET sliders on Evginey and Siarhei (2 of the sims that failed to import). I don't know if that is a false positive on the part of that tool, or if there is something weird going on with these sims. I didn't have the pet sliders installed when Harlan and Jonah were created. I included the identified pet sliders just in case that is what is what is causing the error.
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Instructor
#95 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:25 PM
LOL Okay, so nooooob here. I figured out half of my issue with the bones. I figured out how to get them not to be hidden. There is an option on the rig display panel for 'X-ray'. That helps, but changing the default size still elude me.
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Test Subject
#96 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 9:07 AM
Also, I noticed that the bones for the hand do not line up with the actual hand, but they do appear to actually pose. I've attached pictures. One of these sims does have a piece of store content on it, but it's not on the Outfit 1. I don't know if that is the issue.

Firstly, if the bones don't line up with the hand, it will probably distort the further you rotate the bones, unfortunately, because of the way blender links the bones to the rig. I assume the sim has some form of height slider applied?

Secondly, yes, if your sim is wearing protected store content (or CC that the ripper is having trouble with), even if not on the first outfit, that could cause an issue, as the ripper rips all the outfits they have at once. I've noticed CC clothes that don't rip in much the same way as store content, in v2 of the ripper the piece of clothing would simply not appear (like a top would cause an invisible torso), whilst in v3 the sim won't rip at all. (still trying to find which top is the cause of this is with one of my sims ) So I assume that would be much the same with store content with v3.
Instructor
#97 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 11:23 PM
Okay, the sim with the hand issue does not have any height sliders. He is standard issue height. He does have things that alter his posture a bit, so perhaps that is the issue? Like Bloombase's (I think or maybe OneEuroMutt's) shoulder slope/rotate/height.

Only one of the sims that I'm having an issue with has any store content that I know of, so that might explain one of them. Unless it is somehow buried in the "career" outfit of the others? These sims are all unemployed, but maybe it sticks a default outfit on them and I'm just not aware of them?

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Test Subject
#98 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 10:38 PM
So I've had this one damn hair that was stopping me rip a sim today, it took me FOREVER to work out what exactly was causing the issue because it wasn't showing in the error log. After removing/changing everything else, from the skin down to every piece of clothing, I realised the only thing I hadn't tried yet was his hair . No idea why it's causing an issue, but thought I'd send along the problematic hair in case it helps: HERE

Okay, the sim with the hand issue does not have any height sliders. He is standard issue height. He does have things that alter his posture a bit, so perhaps that is the issue? Like Bloombase's (I think or maybe OneEuroMutt's) shoulder slope/rotate/height.

Only one of the sims that I'm having an issue with has any store content that I know of, so that might explain one of them. Unless it is somehow buried in the "career" outfit of the others? These sims are all unemployed, but maybe it sticks a default outfit on them and I'm just not aware of them?

Yeah, it'll most likely be one of the body sliders.

It may not necessarily be a store piece, as I've had some CC causing the same issue as protected store content. And yes, the game does generate them a career outfit at random, you can check it with NRAAS Master controller.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 9:24 AM
Is this still being worked on?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#100 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by THA
Is this still being worked on?

Yes. Not at this moment since I'm working on the TS4 version right now and can't guarantee I won't get distracted by something else, but I'm definitely coming back to it.

Page 4 of 12