Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 12:11 PM
Default Is it possible to use CC I found as default replacement?
I've been on mission to make my Sims 3 look decent, and something that I cannot forgive TS3 for are godawful hairs.

I've found beautiful default hair replacements by firefox but thing is, not all hairs are covered with their replacements. Is it possible for me to, somehow, use a CC hair/skin I found on some websites (tumblr or TSR namely) as default replacement for default ingame hair? If so, how? As in, can someone point me to where I can find instructions for this?

I've already spent hefty amount of time trying to find answer to this question, so my guess is either it's been right in front of my nose and I didn't realise, or it's impossible to do. Nonetheless, I've decided to inquire about such possibility as these default hairs are crime against humanity.
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 3:23 PM
Generally making default replacements is always the same process, in that you need to find which resources make up the thing you want replacing, and override them with the resources you want to use.
Tutorial here: https://modthesims.info/t/579498
There might be some differences as it's with a cas item rather than object resources, but I'd recommend checking out some general hair/clothing tutorials to get an understanding of their package structure and related tools.
Hope this helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 5:57 PM
Thank you for the reply!

While the linked thread has been helpful, I just managed to make a default hair replacement from my first try using this guide: https://carversims.tumblr.com/post/...ir-for-ts3-what

So in case anyone needs it, I've posted a link. Hopefully I broke no rules or guidelines.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 12:22 PM
Oh awesome! Didn't know there was a specific guide for default hairs :p