Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#12501 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 12:33 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 30th Dec 2021 at 12:50 AM.
@StrangeTownChick why do you leave the shelves empty? The whole point of empty shelves is to put your own clutter on them. Do you not have any book clutter to use?

Otherwise I find that 3t2 and sometimes 4t2 bookshelves make good kids bookcases because they are themed. So you could do a themed room if you like some of those. Otherwise I think Veranka's roaring heights shelves have some low cases in the set, in addition to empty shelves. Unfortunately, I believe the empty shelves are deco only/actual shelves and not bookcases--but I guess that's good for you, huh, since you want a prefilled shelf?

ETA: Oh, I didn't refresh before I came back to the thread and posted! I see now. Well, I'll just say remember to take breaks. That's how I decorate all my big lots, especially community lots. Sometimes I only do a room or two at a time before I get exhausted.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12502 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@StrangeTownChick why do you leave the shelves empty?

Too many clicks needed!
Lab Assistant
#12503 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 11:37 AM
An excellent modder this year ported many animations from the sims 3 medieval to the sims 2 in a posebox. If someone could mod and use the duelling animations to allow sims to duel and kill eachother, that would be really good

JESSE!
Forum Resident
#12504 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 4:36 PM
A mod to change the key bindings for toggling the UI on and off. Or have a UI toggle feature in game that allows you to do that. On my machine, I can toggle the UI with Fn+F10 because my top row of F buttons are multi purpose. F1/? F2/brightness F3 landscape/portrait mode F4 is just F4 F5 /mute sound, and so on.
A mod like this would be a lot easier for taking pictures and for storytelling. Either set the key bindings to whatever we want for UI toggle or have a feature to toggle the UI in game via a menu of some sort. Everybody's machine is different to that aspect so a nice general mod would do
Mad Poster
#12505 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 6:16 AM
A prank mod that only works when a sim is sleeping. A sim could be directed to do the 'Warm Water Whiz' prank where he or she goes to a sink and fills a bowl with steaming water, and then carries it to the bed with the sleeping sim, looks around, then places the bowl on the bed or another surface, and then puts the victim's hand into the bowl, then gives an evil mischievous laugh before exiting the room. Relationship points could be gained or lost depending on the sims' relationship. The victim's memory could be negative if the sim is serious, shy, or doesn't have a high relationship with the prankster - like "Warm Water Whiz: I can't believe [Sim Name] would do that! I'm so embarrassed that I could just crawl into a hole... or a shower!", "Warm Water Whiz: How embarrassing... and INFURIATING!" or "Warm Water Whiz: Heheh... kinda embarrassing, but also hilarious!"
Mad Poster
#12506 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 1:53 PM
My kingdom for a program/SimPE plugin that can scan my objects and tell me if they're enabled for community/residential/both. Even better, one that will automatically change that one, single, Community Sort entry and make them available for community lots.
Also one that will automatically set the Function sort flags to zero and hide things from the catalogue. It's a boring, tedious job to do it all by hand, but it does make my catalogue so much easier to navigate when all my CC is in collections, so I grit my teeth and do it anyway.
Lab Assistant
#12507 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 4:12 PM
I wish the dang "Buy Clothes" preview mannequin would work like the "Plan Outfit" one and actually look like the sim who's buying clothes! Instead of having skin2 and a random face. It's not so bad for paler Sims as s2 is similar, but for anyone else I'd like to be able to see what the clothes I'm thinking of buying look like with their skintone.

I expect the code for this is buried somewhere in the executable and thus could be a challenging mod to figure out but since we've had talented modders make the breakthrough about letting you pick separates for other categories, and since the "Plan Outfit" preview works correctly, I'm sure it would be possible one day to fix this little detail that has annoyed me for years.
Mad Poster
#12508 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 10:07 PM
I'd also like a mod that let you do dance competitions with the Nightlife DJ booth. For the longest time, I thought something in my game was broken because my Sims would want to enter dance competitions but the option never seemed to be there, so I googled to see if I was missing something, like maybe they needed a certain level of enthusiasm or I had to click on the Sim, not the DJ booth, which is when I found out it's apparently only available for the Freetime one. No wonder I could never start a competition at the Crypt O'Night Club!
Lab Assistant
#12509 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 9:13 AM
Random thing: I've been playing with Midge's playables-as-cops mod that makes the game draw from playables in the law enforcement career to respond to burglar calls and I would love to see the burglar get drawn from playables in the criminal career too!
Mad Poster
#12510 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
Random thing: I've been playing with Midge's playables-as-cops mod that makes the game draw from playables in the law enforcement career to respond to burglar calls and I would love to see the burglar get drawn from playables in the criminal career too!

I would like to see all the playables drawn from the town who are actual doctors (CH had a mod that made that happen) or athletes, etc.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#12511 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
I wish the dang "Buy Clothes" preview mannequin would work like the "Plan Outfit" one and actually look like the sim who's buying clothes!
If that's impossible to implement, then I'd prefer the actual in-game mannequin skintone for the preview mannequin.
Theorist
#12512 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I would like to see all the playables drawn from the town who are actual doctors (CH had a mod that made that happen) or athletes, etc.

When do doctors or athletes ever show up in vanilla gameplay though?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Test Subject
#12513 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 5:27 PM
I would love to see more gothic/emo inspired content for the sims. I feel like it's so limited and generic
Mad Poster
#12514 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

Dunno about doctors, but there's the uni coaches for a vanilla game, or the random people that jog by.
Mad Poster
#12515 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

Sims who are doctors or athletes bring them home from work
Forum Resident
#12516 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 3:32 AM
Functional curved roads that you can build lots adjacent to like the regular maxis straight roads do.
Alchemist
#12517 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SastielSnot
I would love to see more gothic/emo inspired content for the sims. I feel like it's so limited and generic

I have to say, I find this pretty funny. It could be that we have different ideas of what gothic and emo look like (or maybe it's changed over the years), but I feel like that content was a really big thing for a super long while--as a downloader, I feel like gothic/emo is the root of how and why Garden of Shadows became a thing.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#12518 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 4:33 AM
It's been out of fashion in the Sims for about a decade so it's easy to have missed it. Also, I feel like the aesthetic has changed. The goth/emo stuff of 2009 will be shiny, photoskinned, pooklet semi stuff. But now people tend to prefer maxis match.
Field Researcher
#12519 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Functional curved roads that you can build lots adjacent to like the regular maxis straight roads do.

I guess it's not exactly what you asked for, but you CAN build lots on curved roads through the Lot Adjuster. You have to place the lot on a normal road, then move it via Lot Adjuster in the required spot, and adjust the street in front of the lot in Build Mode.
You can find a tutorial here: LINK!

You can achieve exactly what you asked for, as you can see from this post: LINK!
Mad Poster
#12520 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 10:52 AM
I've always wanted (since it came out) a hack that would make possible the transfer of a sims 3 house to a sims 2 format.

I mean, wouldn't that be great-and it could even be reversed the other way. Seems a shame that they can't be interchanged.

Of course EA wouldn't be so bold as to make files interchangeable between iterations-it wouldn't make them money.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Top Secret Researcher
#12521 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 7:04 PM
Lottery tickets for The Sims 2 would be nice

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#12522 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Lottery tickets for The Sims 2 would be nice

Didn't you make those for the game using the checkbook from Simwardrobe?

I downloaded it. Perhaps someone could make something that works independently of that-like real lottery tickets.

Monique's computer does have lottery games-4 of them available in 5, 10 or 20 day draws. They cost $5.00 each so if you want 20 days worth it's about $100. and for all f4 it's $400.
My pixels love them-and they've been quite lucky,

Field Researcher
#12523 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 10:17 PM
Please someone work on a mod that makes you move the currently played sim with WASD or arrow keys. The console TS2 games did that and it's a great immersive experience. I know it would be super complex to create but a modder succeded to achieve this for The Sims 3, so why not try for TS2?
Gameplay-wise, such a mod would be revolutionary.
Inventor
#12524 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I may have mentioned this before, but more low bookshelves. I've just finished building a library, only the bookshelves in the children's section are totally empty because the only low bookshelves I can find are completely empty. There's also one shaped like a house but that won't do for a library either, and frankly it's pretty big for most children's bedrooms.

@strangetownchick I only know emptied bookcases, but you can submit a request on TNW chatbox if you want to have filled low bookcases add-ons.
Forum Resident
#12525 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by strangetownchick
I may have mentioned this before, but more low bookshelves. I've just finished building a library, only the bookshelves in the children's section are totally empty because the only low bookshelves I can find are completely empty. There's also one shaped like a house but that won't do for a library either, and frankly it's pretty big for most children's bedrooms.

Veranka's roaring heights set has a low, three tile bookcase, if that helps?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Page 501 of 576