Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1996 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1884 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 43 of 80
Test Subject
#1051 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 10:58 PM
Can you make one for Mac please it’s like nothing is for Mac only windows we are missing out on everything
Test Subject
#1052 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 2:59 AM
Hello.

I had reported my error some times ago, but still no such luck till this day. So, I kinda gave up, but I tried to rip a dog just today using your new update. Was hoping there won't be any problem, but I still can't rip animals. Whether it's the ones that the game provided, or even my own. The ripper just forced me to close it, and if I attempt to continue, there's a message "working...", but nothing is coming up even after I had waited for an hour.

Gonna ask tho, is this because I currently use my cracked version? I was hoping to try the Cats & Dogs pack first before buying, and to make sure everything is OK when I need to rip animals. But, the thing is, I can rip human just fine even with my cracked game, just animals that I have problem with. I keep changing my save game, just in case my save got corrupt, but still no luck :'(

Can you help me pls?

There's no point for me to buy Cats & Dogs pack if I can't rip animals
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1053 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 1:15 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 25th Jul 2021 at 6:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bakanekotea
Hello.

I had reported my error some times ago, but still no such luck till this day. So, I kinda gave up, but I tried to rip a dog just today using your new update. Was hoping there won't be any problem, but I still can't rip animals. Whether it's the ones that the game provided, or even my own. The ripper just forced me to close it, and if I attempt to continue, there's a message "working...", but nothing is coming up even after I had waited for an hour.

Gonna ask tho, is this because I currently use my cracked version? I was hoping to try the Cats & Dogs pack first before buying, and to make sure everything is OK when I need to rip animals. But, the thing is, I can rip human just fine even with my cracked game, just animals that I have problem with. I keep changing my save game, just in case my save got corrupt, but still no luck :'(

Can you help me pls?

There's no point for me to buy Cats & Dogs pack if I can't rip animals

Since a cracked game could have unknown non-standard complications, I'm afraid I can't help. Also it's against site policy to provide any help with cracked games.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Inventor
THANKS POST
#1054 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 4:56 PM
Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#1055 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 5:20 PM
After I updated to Cottage Living, saved and closed my game last time I started to see this window:

It says: the path to the folder with the last EP is denied.
I tried to open SimRipper with admin privileges, as the window said, but it wasn't help.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1056 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yasashiidictator
After I updated to Cottage Living, saved and closed my game last time I started to see this window:

It says: the path to the folder with the last EP is denied.
I tried to open SimRipper with admin privileges, as the window said, but it wasn't help.

Did you try running SimRipper as Administrator? Did you try making the SimRipper folder an exception in your antivirus?

I recently had something similar happen - my game folders are now protected in some way that prevented another game from installing in the right location, and I had to fix it by running Origin as Administrator, not just with a account with Admin privileges.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1057 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Did you try running SimRipper as Administrator? Did you try making the SimRipper folder an exception in your antivirus?

Yes, I tried both and re-downloaded SimRipper, but nothing changed.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1058 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:21 AM
Yes, I tried both and re-downloaded SimRipper, but nothing changed.

Sorry but without being able to see your individual setup all I can advise is to check the ownership and protections on the folder in question. If you'd post the exact error message you're getting that might help too.

Test Subject
#1059 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 4:14 PM
I found a solution: I just temporarily removed the EP11 folder. Everything works now. God, it was all so simple... Who would have thought.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1060 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 7:51 PM
I found a solution: I just temporarily removed the EP11 folder. Everything works now. God, it was all so simple... Who would have thought.

Good, although the down side is you won't be able to rip Cottage Living items. For the next version I'll look at having it skip game files it can't open and run anyway.

Test Subject
#1061 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:12 PM
Hey, I've run into a problem with the newest Version. Suddenly my Sims eyes look like this:

I tried with 3.6 and the eyes are normal.
They eyes are in Face Paint, if that helps.

If you need any info or files, I can provide that.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1062 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mageia.mia
Hey, I've run into a problem with the newest Version. Suddenly my Sims eyes look like this:

I tried with 3.6 and the eyes are normal.
They eyes are in Face Paint, if that helps.

If you need any info or files, I can provide that.

That looks like an issue with color slider values. Please upload the eyes, your save game, and say which sim it is.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1063 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 8:58 AM
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Any chance you could add support for lots?
Test Subject
#1064 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 12:59 PM
Hello Just some issues with skin detail overlays not showing up correctly. Left image is the exported texture from simripper, right image is what it should look like with all overlays.
Just for your reference, skin details include eye overlay, nose overlay and nose shadow overlay.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1065 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yakfarm
Hello Just some issues with skin detail overlays not showing up correctly. Left image is the exported texture from simripper, right image is what it should look like with all overlays.
Just for your reference, skin details include eye overlay, nose overlay and nose shadow overlay.

I need examples of the overlays that aren't correct. How did you put together the image on the right? How does the sim look in CAS? The best thing would be for you to upload the sim troubleshooting info and your save game.

Test Subject
#1066 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 2:54 PM Last edited by yakfarm : 8th Aug 2021 at 8:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I need examples of the overlays that aren't correct. How did you put together the image on the right? How does the sim look in CAS? The best thing would be for you to upload the sim troubleshooting info and your save game.

I've attached my save, troubleshooting info and screenshots in-game & in ripper. The issue seems to occur when using multiple overlay skins/skin details (I've attached two sims using different combination of skin details).
The image in the above post was created manually in photoshop by overlaying the textures :') which is my workaround for the time being.
Thank you for looking into it!!
Test Subject
#1067 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 2:41 PM Last edited by Handman50 : 8th Aug 2021 at 3:02 PM.
I've been trying to export a sim, and am getting an index out of bounds exception regardless of what I do to it. I've disabled all custom content, changed the name of the sim, started a new game and made a new sim from the same face, to no avail. This only happens to this particular sim. This is what I get:
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel(Boolean skinOnly)
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel()
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplaySim(SimData sim, SimOccult occultState)
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1068 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Handman50
I've been trying to export a sim, and am getting an index out of bounds exception regardless of what I do to it. I've disabled all custom content, changed the name of the sim, started a new game and made a new sim from the same face, to no avail. This only happens to this particular sim. This is what I get:
Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel(Boolean skinOnly)
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel()
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplaySim(SimData sim, SimOccult occultState)
   at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

What do you mean that you made a new sim from the same face? Btw, disabling custom content affects only the game, not SimRipper.

Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1069 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yakfarm
I've attached my save, troubleshooting info and screenshots in-game & in ripper. The issue seems to occur when using multiple overlay skins/skin details (I've attached two sims using different combination of skin details).
The image in the above post was created manually in photoshop by overlaying the textures :') which is my workaround for the time being.
Thank you for looking into it!!

I've reworked the layering, taking into account the sort layer. Honestly I can barely see a difference, but your eyes are probably better than mine. I think the remaining differences are probably due to different rendering, unless you see some distinct detail that's wrong. The change will be in the next version.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#1070 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 8:10 PM
I've reworked the layering, taking into account the sort layer. Honestly I can barely see a difference, but your eyes are probably better than mine. I think the remaining differences are probably due to different rendering, unless you see some distinct detail that's wrong. The change will be in the next version.

can't wait )) tysm!!!
Test Subject
#1071 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 9:49 PM
What do you mean that you made a new sim from the same face? Btw, disabling custom content affects only the game, not SimRipper.

Please upload your save game and sim troubleshooting info.

I started a new save file with a new version of the sim with no custom content. I would rather not upload those files here. I'll send them to you in a private message.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1072 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Handman50
I started a new save file with a new version of the sim with no custom content. I would rather not upload those files here. I'll send them to you in a private message.

Got them, thanks. It's the sim named Eight Doctor, correct? Are you creating him from a saved sim? That would explain why the same problem keeps happening since you're using a copy of the same sim instead of creating one from scratch.

I'm afraid it didn't help much. The troubleshooting info is empty. I can load the sim from your save game and export a mesh, but you may be using some custom content I don't have.

Does the sim load in the preview window? The error message suggests it does not. This may indicate a problem with some piece of custom content, but there's no easy way to find it if the sim doesn't display. If you want to test with no mods or CC, you'll have to remove everything in the Mods folder.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1073 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 12:13 AM
You are right, it's something to do with custom content. The sim was not loading at all. I removed everything from the Mods folder and it loaded up a face, and when I went to put the hair and clothes in, I was able to get the complete sim. So it seems the sim is pointing to some custom content that I'm not even aware of, which is a little concerning.

The good news is it's not an issue with the program itself, and I was able to extract the sim in the end. Thanks for troubleshooting this with me.
Test Subject
#1074 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 4:14 PM
Default Issues with clothing clipping on pregnant sims
Here is the screenshot. It's happening to most of the clothing.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1075 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reyhatesinsta
Here is the screenshot. It's happening to most of the clothing.

It's not happening with any clothing I've tested, both EA and CC. Please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info.

Page 43 of 80