Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:03 PM
Default How do I import/export .wso objects from blender??
I'm not fucking using Milkshape 3D, the wso plugin doesn't even work and it's overpriced as shit. 35 fucking dollars? Are you fucking serious???

Anyways, I am seeking a wso plugin for blender, a way to ambidextrously use Blender and The Sims Resource Workshop. I am trying to replace an object with the Douglas fir from Sims 2.

If someone can offer help, it's appreciated.
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 5:38 PM
As far as I know, there are no working plugins for TSRW-Blender. If you don't want to use Milkshape then an alternative is use S3OC and s3pe, and these Blender tools, though they can be a bit temperamental.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 5:43 AM
As someone else who also has wanted to skip Milkshape, I just saw some interesting tutorials and it might now be possible to go straight from Blender to .wso files. This tutorial here (https://qolygonal.tumblr.com/post/6...yboulettes-post) shows a person who was able to get the TSWR .wso pluggins (from the newest version of TSRW) to work with Blender 2.79b and be able to import/export. It is a stem off from this tutorial https://s4cc.syboulette.fr/tutorial...eate-a-cc-fence where Syb, says she can use the .wso blender add ons to import but it won't export. So far in my testing I can import .wso files into blender now but have yet to get a successful export which of course is the main goal here in skipping Milkshape. However I'm wondering if the blender model really counts here? The plug in is for blender 2.74 and the tutorial is for blender 2.79b and I was using 2.93???? Just thought maybe someone else might want to fiddle around with it so I decided to share that here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsDeoGloria
As someone else who also has wanted to skip Milkshape, I just saw some interesting tutorials and it might now be possible to go straight from Blender to .wso files. This tutorial here (https://qolygonal.tumblr.com/post/6...yboulettes-post) shows a person who was able to get the TSWR .wso pluggins (from the newest version of TSRW) to work with Blender 2.79b and be able to import/export. It is a stem off from this tutorial https://s4cc.syboulette.fr/tutorial...eate-a-cc-fence where Syb, says she can use the .wso blender add ons to import but it won't export. So far in my testing I can import .wso files into blender now but have yet to get a successful export which of course is the main goal here in skipping Milkshape. However I'm wondering if the blender model really counts here? The plug in is for blender 2.74 and the tutorial is for blender 2.79b and I was using 2.93???? Just thought maybe someone else might want to fiddle around with it so I decided to share that here

I'll check this out.
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Aug 2023 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SfdKing
Hi, did anyone find a way to skip using milkshape?

Syboulette added the following note to the tutorial:
NOTE: Since october 2022, Sims4Studio is compatible with Blender 3, plugins are now working as they should, so no need to use milkshape anymore !

But the export function for wso still doesn't seem to work for me (using blender 2.79).

1. This is the Sims 3 forum, so whatever tutorial that is from that referenced Sims4Studio is not related to what is being discussed here.
If you're making TS4 content, you can make pretty much everything just with Blender and S4S.

2. If you're making TS3 content- as outdated as it is as a meshing tool, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using Milkshape as a conversion tool. All that happens when the trial expires is that you cannot save projects. Import and Export should still work fine. A few registration codes float around out there on various Simblr, too.

3. Aside from the juggling wso through MeshToolKit method in Thornowl's tutorial for avoiding Milkshape, .wso and Milkshape are quite synonymous. The real thing you can aim to cut out of your workflow is TSRW, which will by extension lower / remove the reliance on Milkshape depending on the creation.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SfdKing
Hi, did anyone find a way to skip using milkshape?

Syboulette added the following note to the tutorial:
NOTE: Since october 2022, Sims4Studio is compatible with Blender 3, plugins are now working as they should, so no need to use milkshape anymore !

But the export function for wso still doesn't seem to work for me (using blender 2.79).

Exactly what are you trying to do? That is kind of important.

I have not seen any direct plugin for .wso to Blender that worked for me. Do not need it anyway. If you are working on garments, and need to look at morphs, export the .wso and save. Use Meshing Tool Kit (MTK) to convert the .wso to object. Import to Blender as groups. Export as groups.

If converting TS4 to TS3, I have never used Studio. Do not even have it. S4CasTool will convert to object. Converting to TS3 geom does not work for me, as I get an error trying to import those to Blender. Currently doing a TS4 to TS3 conversion, and going back to finish L2 and L3 on another.

Other info on avoiding MS in tutorial by thornowl https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=659402