Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
Edit:
Saw this as well.
"In the Limited Edition for PS3 and Xbox 360, you’ll also get 10 exclusive, unique breeds, including tiger retriever and skunk birman."

I really want a pet skunk. And they throw it in the PS3 and Xbox version, but not the PC one, which is the primary platform for which people will be buying? Not happy, Jan.

This makes me so happy!
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
I know it looked like Grim on the horse, but I immediately thought of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Maybe I just watch too much Supernatural

And lol at people thinking foals are ponies. I'm not a horse freak, but even I know this! But kids won't be able to ride the horses, we do realise? They can do sweet FA else!

And about the name... Late Night sounds suspiciously like a title we had before... now what was it? This sims team aren't the most creative bunch.

Grimmy on horseback going into a tree is absolutely a nod to "Sleepy Hollow".

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mariomaster101
Also, I agree in that there really needs do have some sort of fencing to keep out strays. I absolutely despised the neighborhood strays in the sims 2...they would come to my home, dig up holes in my lawn, roll around in my flower beds, killing them, and at one point, I eventually got a mod in my game just to prevent this nonsense.

Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
OK...my official thoughts of The Sims 3 Pets

Horses:Awesome
Puppies who piss and shit on antique carpets:Not Awesome

I must be weird then. I actually think the two examples above are what made animals both awesome & unique in their own sense. Would have been quite boring if animals were just one dimensional cute & furry creatures, a dose of realism is good. It sets apart why some Sims keeps pets and why some Sims don't. Just like in real life. Its good for some story telling.. well in a way.

As for animals defecating everywhere. I'm hoping this only happens at the stage when it has yet been toilet trained. Once they have, the occurrences of this happening should be significantly reduced. Unless the pets are marking a territory.

Or maybe this could be tied to the pet's traits. A pet with "mean" trait might do that just to annoy the heck out of you. Or the master of the pet could command it to annoy others.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#129 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:44 AM
Don't Sims piss on carpets a well.
And die on community lots, which is worse than a cleanable puddle on the floor.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#130 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:54 AM
I heard somewhere that there will be a zoo, can anyone confirm this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#131 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:08 AM
Someone mentioned it, but I don't think it's confirmed. I'm sure there wont be one (can you IMAGINE THE AMOUNT OF ANIMALS) but I'd be nice to have.

Now I want one. lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#132 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:18 AM
Reading the fact sheet about Pets EP, I guess this is the best Pets EP so far.

Dog, cat, horse and a lot of small animals. I hope EA didn't forget about the cute little hamster.

The only thing it lack is zoo (too big to be implemented in the game. hahaha............).

I hope the creature will be Werewolf or Bigfoot. I hope we can get two creatures at once.
Inventor
#133 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:23 AM
I agree that it looks like the best pets expansion pack. And I REALLY want werewolves so I can make a true Remus Lupin. :P
I can't wait to see what it'll be like to control the pets! I know I'll be making some Warriors cat clans and have them rule the land for sure!
Test Subject
#134 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:26 AM
I hope they add a "animal lover" trait of some sort. Or a pet sitter option.
Test Subject
#135 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
I agree that it looks like the best pets expansion pack. And I REALLY want werewolves so I can make a true Remus Lupin. :P
I can't wait to see what it'll be like to control the pets! I know I'll be making some Warriors cat clans and have them rule the land for sure!

Lol, yes, that would be awesome! The first thing i'm gonna do when I get the game is make a sim with like, as many pets as I can get!
Inventor
#136 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pluupy
I hope they add a "animal lover" trait of some sort. Or a pet sitter option.

I want 'dog lover' 'cat lover' and 'dog hater' and 'cat hater' traits. I would so make my self-sim a cat lover!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 5:48 AM
The hype is back again. Lots of potential and promises, but the results...?
Field Researcher
#138 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:00 AM
I hope I can have a family of just pets, but I doubt it.
Inventor
#139 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl

I think I heard somewhere you need at least one sim :/ Could always change though.
What I'm gonna do if you do is make a small house with the bare basics (fridge, bed, etc.) and lock the sim in and only let him or her out to feed the pets UNLESS there's a way for pets to get food on their own. If they can the sim will be locked in there forever and my pets will rule!
Instructor
#140 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:35 AM

I would love that but maybe if we can't someone will give us a mod but I'm just happy that they look good sims 2 pets where a bit scary.
Test Subject
#141 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
I think I heard somewhere you need at least one sim :/ Could always change though.
What I'm gonna do if you do is make a small house with the bare basics (fridge, bed, etc.) and lock the sim in and only let him or her out to feed the pets UNLESS there's a way for pets to get food on their own. If they can the sim will be locked in there forever and my pets will rule!

Sounds like some crazy Sim story going on...

"OWNER LOCKED IN CLOSET, ALL DOGS HOUSELHOLD VS. ONE CAT. WHO WILL SURVIVE?"
Test Subject
#142 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 9:54 AM
This is going to be possibly one of the best expansions for the Sims 3. Because whenever the developers work on an expansion with the same or a similar concept to one they've already done, naturally they do it better. And judging by how good the sims 2 pets was, I'm honestly excited for this one.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by game90
The hype is back again. Lots of potential and promises, but the results...?

After we realised what a flop Generations was after all the hype - "ZOMG gunna be the greatest EP EVA" - I've gotta agree with you.
Pets does look really great... but I'm cautiously optimistic
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:28 AM
Spent to much time thinking about potential professions to go along with this, doggy day care kind of thing would be good (Like pet sitting, but that to me implies going to the owner's house, not the pet coming to theirs)
dog/animal trainer
work at the equestrian center (Ranch hand?)
Groomer

But yeah, unlikely to get any of these. I can dream and hope, but shall remain realistic in my expectations. Whatever they come out with I'll love it, even if it doesn't live up to the hype.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Forum Resident
#145 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 12:20 PM
Wow this sounds quite cool really, I want to buy it just for the pets, I like to see my sims walking them or even the pets (Mostly the dogs/cats) walking around the city/neighborhood etc. Question though will they be restricted like the teens/childrens are at night? And by that I mean having some dog catcher or something, I hope not it annoys me enough my teens have to go home by curfew or have an adult with them.

As for the birds part, is this a pet kind or object kind? Sims 2 Pets I liked but I didn't like the fact the birds were just like objects that could be bought (And your sims hardly seemed to care if they died, there is no gravestone or anything, who knows what they did with those bird bodies).
Theorist
#146 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:05 PM

In the leaked interview with Ben Bell he said you can, but only in the 3DS version.

Interesting observation with the cat wanting to be let inside, that's a really nice touch. Hopefully that also applies to elevators. I remember cats and dogs using elevators in TS2, but I think they used telekinesis because they never actually touched the buttons.
#147 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:54 PM
EA have done a great job with the horse's jumping. I hope it really looks like that because the animation in the trailer is spot on. I also hope that horse riders that have just begun fall off quite a lot. I own 5 horses/ponies and can't wait for this EP!
Theorist
#148 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
After we realised what a flop Generations was after all the hype - "ZOMG gunna be the greatest EP EVA" - I've gotta agree with you.
Pets does look really great... but I'm cautiously optimistic

I thought Generations was a great EP, it's not for everyone but I think it adds a lot to my gameplay. So speak for yourself...

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#149 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:23 PM
I'm not an animal lover at all but this EP, based on the trailers, does look entertaining. I guess the big selling point for me will be new and interesting things the pets can do, the creativity of the new town and some added features (even if its just cute clothes) to the Sim people.
Field Researcher
#150 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I thought Generations was a great EP, it's not for everyone but I think it adds a lot to my gameplay. So speak for yourself...

I'm speaking for many people other than myself too. And I don't think Generations is a bad EP necessarily - EA just didn't deliver its full potential by any means. So as excited as I am about Pets (EXTREMELY), I'm also cautious to start calling it 'the greatest EP ever' as some are doing already... very prematurely... imo.
Staying positive though...!
Locked thread
Page 6 of 100