Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HQ Texture Converter - version 2.7.0.0 - updated 2/14/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2023 at 5:12 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 219 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#201 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimsoonja
Oh, I didn't know such a process was necessary. How can I upload the zip file? I'll find a way and post it again. In addition, I lack English skills. If my expression was unintentionally inappropriate, please understand generously. Thank you for replying.

No, you didn't say anything inappropriate. I tend to be abrupt myself so apologies if I sounded unfriendly.

When you reply to this comment, scroll down to the Miscellaneous Options section and click the Upload button, then follow instructions.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#202 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimsoonja
Thank you for your kind explanation. I was worried about my expression because it was different from my native language. =D I attach the file as you told me. And I attached the HQ CC, non HQ cc and screenshot picture to the zip. I hope it will help you solve this problem. If you have any other files needed to solve the problem, please feel free to let me know. Thank you always.

Thank you!!

HQ Converter is sharpening the images after it shrinks them to non-HQ size, which is incorrect and makes it look grainy like that. You need to uncheck the sharpen option BEFORE you change to 'HQ to standard' conversion like in this picture:

This is my fault, the tool should automatically disable sharpening when converting from HQ to non-HQ. I'll fix it and upload a new version soon.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#203 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thank you!!

HQ Converter is sharpening the images after it shrinks them to non-HQ size, which is incorrect and makes it look grainy like that. You need to uncheck the sharpen option BEFORE you change to 'HQ to standard' conversion like in this picture:

This is my fault, the tool should automatically disable sharpening when converting from HQ to non-HQ. I'll fix it and upload a new version soon.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I understand your explanation and method. I'll try the way you told me. And I will calmly wait for the new version that you will upload.
Your existence is like a treasure for Sims users like me☺. Once again, Thank you very much for spending your precious time.
Instructor
#204 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 10:46 AM
Thank you!!

Thanks for this info! I didn't even realized that sharping was still ticked while converting to NonHQ. After unchecking it, the converted NonHQ files look just fine.
Left HQ Right NonHQ
Picture
Test Subject
#205 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 12:01 PM
Does this program have cache files or something like that? Yesterday it has successfully converted about 5000 textures. Now this program stops responding right after converting 2-3 textures...
Test Subject
#206 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 10:08 PM
I'm trying to do is convert base game files to HQ (ClientDeltaBuild6,7,8 and ClientFullBuild6,7,8) because i can't find updated HQ files for latest patch and when i convert them i see multiple RLE2 with 0b size in ClientDeltaBuild6,7,8 which probably means those files are corrupted during convert process. i have also tried moving LRLE,RLE2 and RLES into separate packages but the result is same.
I'm using windows 10 and Bitdefender Security not sure if these could be the reason for this issue because i converted and used those files before updating game to 1.82 and it worked just fine but now i have this issue, please help me fix it thanks
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#207 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jatt-G
I'm trying to do is convert base game files to HQ (ClientDeltaBuild6,7,8 and ClientFullBuild6,7,8) because i can't find updated HQ files for latest patch and when i convert them i see multiple RLE2 with 0b size in ClientDeltaBuild6,7,8 which probably means those files are corrupted during convert process. i have also tried moving LRLE,RLE2 and RLES into separate packages but the result is same.
I'm using windows 10 and Bitdefender Security not sure if these could be the reason for this issue because i converted and used those files before updating game to 1.82 and it worked just fine but now i have this issue, please help me fix it thanks

Did you check the original resources to see if they're empty? There are a lot of 0 byte RLE2s in the EA DeltaBuilds, probably left there after the textures were converted to LRLE, and IMO that's what you're seeing.

Test Subject
#208 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 1:29 AM
Did you check the original resources to see if they're empty? There are a lot of 0 byte RLE2s in the EA DeltaBuilds, probably left there after the textures were converted to LRLE, and IMO that's what you're seeing.

Yes i checked the original resource files and i didn't find any empty texture file, i also noticed that DDS files in converted ClientDeltaBuild6,7,8 are also 0b in merged and separate conversion packages.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#209 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 2:08 AM
Yes i checked the original resource files and i didn't find any empty texture file, i also noticed that DDS files in converted ClientDeltaBuild6,7,8 are also 0b in merged and separate conversion packages.

Use s4pe to look for the empty RLE2 and DDS textures, S4S hides them. They're there in the ClientDeltaBuilds. If you have an example of a specific texture that has content in the original but is empty after conversion, let me know.

Test Subject
#210 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 9:34 PM
Use s4pe to look for the empty RLE2 and DDS textures, S4S hides them. They're there in the ClientDeltaBuilds. If you have an example of a specific texture that has content in the original but is empty after conversion, let me know.

hmm yea there are a lot of empty files but how do i get rid of these files? should i just delete them using S4PE or should i export all LRLE,RLE2 and RLES to new packages using batch export in S4S and then convert them to HQ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#211 Old 9th Dec 2021 at 10:33 PM
hmm yea there are a lot of empty files but how do i get rid of these files? should i just delete them using S4PE or should i export all LRLE,RLE2 and RLES to new packages using batch export in S4S and then convert them to HQ?

I don't know. Since they're in the EA packages I don't think they'd do any harm and I guess it's possible they have some kind of function. You may have to experiment.

Test Subject
#212 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 12:54 AM
I don't know. Since they're in the EA packages I don't think they'd do any harm and I guess it's possible they have some kind of function. You may have to experiment.

well I'm pretty sure they doing something because I'm seeing some completely blacked out sims with old converted packages, anyway i will move the new converted LRLE,RLE2 and RLES packages to Mods folder instead of replacing them with original files so i think it should be safe to just get rid of them from the packages I'm going to convert.

thanks for your time and for creating this tool.
Take care
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 6:42 PM
Hi. Since the last update from yesterday I can't convert newly made CC that has been just made. EA must've changed something since i'm only getting error messages when everything worked fine before.

My TS4CC can be found here https://pw-creations.tumblr.com/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#214 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 7:41 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 18th Feb 2022 at 4:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jengelbart
Hi. Since the last update from yesterday I can't convert newly made CC that has been just made. EA must've changed something since i'm only getting error messages when everything worked fine before.

I forgot this tool would be affected by the change they made to the CASPs. I'll fix it and update soon.

Edit: Version 2.6 uploaded.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#215 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 9:44 AM
Thank you so much! ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#216 Old 7th Mar 2022 at 8:07 PM
Does this converter know if something already is HQ compatible?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#217 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brief
Does this converter know if something already is HQ compatible?

Yes, it won't resize textures that are already the target size.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#218 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 12:28 AM Last edited by mechamuffin : 10th Mar 2022 at 2:29 AM.
Made the mistake of converting over 2000 pieces of CC. It's taken 2 full days ????, hopefully nothing goes wrong. I took out all the CC not related to CAS, but wow this is an eyeopener on how much CC I actually have.

edit: I don't think this worked all the cc I converted still shows up as black. Even the ones that should be HQ compatible. Hair shows up now on female sims, but it's textured like the skin color. I'm not sure what's going on. My default eyes aren't working either. This is very confusing.
Test Subject
#219 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 12:20 PM Last edited by SimUtopia : 27th Apr 2022 at 1:07 PM.
Some delta files result in a JIT error saying "Attempt to read empty CASPs" as the game just updated again.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#220 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 2:48 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 27th Apr 2022 at 8:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mechamuffin
Made the mistake of converting over 2000 pieces of CC. It's taken 2 full days ????, hopefully nothing goes wrong. I took out all the CC not related to CAS, but wow this is an eyeopener on how much CC I actually have.

edit: I don't think this worked all the cc I converted still shows up as black. Even the ones that should be HQ compatible. Hair shows up now on female sims, but it's textured like the skin color. I'm not sure what's going on. My default eyes aren't working either. This is very confusing.

Please upload the original and converted versions of at least one package you converted that's showing up as black. The skin color hair and defaults not working suggests that you don't have HQ versions of at least some default textures. If I recall correctly, if anything on the sim is not HQ, the whole sim will be black or parts may show the skin texture.

Quote: Originally posted by SimUtopia
Some delta files result in a JIT error saying "Attempt to read empty CASPs" as the game just updated again.

Please upload an example package that's giving you this error.

Test Subject
#221 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 3:02 PM
Please upload an example package that's giving you this error.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-...iew?usp=sharing

It's only EA files, I haven't tested any CC files yet.

EDIT: More than one file has that error, it's also a mix of expansion packs and a stuff pack.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#222 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimUtopia
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-...iew?usp=sharing

It's only EA files, I haven't tested any CC files yet.

EDIT: More than one file has that error, it's also a mix of expansion packs and a stuff pack.

Looks like EA now has empty CASPs in its packages along with empty images. Strange. Anyway, I've updated the tool to V2.6.1 which will ignore the empty CASPs instead of erroring.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 3:03 PM
Hi there! I I want to thank you for this incredible tool. I just recently got into using HQ and so far it's been great! I have used your tool to convert few cas items and Whicked Whims without problems. I just have a question.. do custom made Sliders and custom made Body Presets packages (full body, nose, lips, jaw, etc) need to be convert to HQ texture?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#224 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yoshi37
Hi there! I I want to thank you for this incredible tool. I just recently got into using HQ and so far it's been great! I have used your tool to convert few cas items and Whicked Whims without problems. I just have a question.. do custom made Sliders and custom made Body Presets packages (full body, nose, lips, jaw, etc) need to be convert to HQ texture?

If presets include a texture, yes. I don't think many do, though. Sliders shouldn't have any textures.

Test Subject
#225 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 4:00 PM
It seems its not possible to upscale the textures for werewolves with current version as they come out as black?
Page 9 of 10