Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Anyone know if the Steam version at least uses the same directories under the documents folder? I'd rather not reinstall everything.

You need to redownload and reinstall Store content. Other than that it should be mostly fine. Just in case though, you probably should start with a new The Sims 3 directory under Documents, containing only saves and mods from the previous installation.

Quote: Originally posted by Lilidebergerac
Unfortunately, I DO have the "Unable to load TS3Patch.asi. Error: 126" message. I fisrt tried removing 3booter and FPS limiter since I thought it might be that, and then installing the VC2015 redistributable. Nothing works. I am on patch 1.67.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I so desperately want to try out this patch!

Make sure you install both x64 and x86 versions of VC2015 redistributable. If you installed both already, I have no idea
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:41 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 25th Jul 2021 at 7:09 PM.
Anyone know if the Steam version at least uses the same directories under the documents folder? I'd rather not reinstall everything.

Yes. You don't have to reinstall anything. All versions use the same file structure in the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 7:26 PM
I want this.. However I do have my game patched through Origin and it's 1.69. Is there a way I can convert it to 1.67 since it will run on that version? Everyone has been raving about this mod, and I want to use it as well. My CAS loading screen is so slow, it makes me not even want to make sims anymore. And I used to love making sims.
Scholar
#29 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Yes. You don't have to reinstall anything. All versions use the same file structure in the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder.

Thanks. Hmm... guess I'll plonk some 400 bucks on the Steam version and expansions then.
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rsanda
Make sure you install both x64 and x86 versions of VC2015 redistributable. If you installed both already, I have no idea

IT WORKS! Thanks a bunch!
Scholar
#31 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:42 PM
Wow, this is really impressive! Guess I'll wait for the next Steam sale then
Field Researcher
#32 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 9:56 PM
Before anyone decides to buy anything or reinstall, there might be a way to use the Smooth Patch with Origin version (1.69), so please wait before spending more money until Lazy Duchess updates us on the mod.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 10:16 PM
Is there any difference in the game files of the 1.67 and 1.69 versions apart from the executable?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 11:44 PM
I believe there are files in there which work with Origin to activate the game and make sure that the account owns it.

Aside from requiring an Origin login, 1.69 Launcher lets you pick which packs to use when launching the game, and it includes the Store content patch, which 1.67 is unable to download. If you have World Adventures installed from Origin, you get Adventureland as well, which is an unpopulated version of Sunset Valley.

Since the installation directory is organized a bit differently, I believe 1.69 might save you some space as well, but I still need to look into that.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 1:28 AM
Origin-compatible version is now available!

https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...smooth-patch-10
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Alunn : 26th Jul 2021 at 6:34 AM.
Just gave the Origin version a try (I’m on 1.69), but every time I try to load a world (from an existing save or new) I get the serious error pop up telling me to restart the application. This persists even after I’ve removed the mod from my Bin folder
Scholar
#38 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 5:53 AM
Wow. Like, wow. Dat moment when one person does more to improve the game than EA did in the last decade.
Instructor
#40 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 6:17 AM
Hmm I keep getting an error trying to launch the Origin version saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." And then it eats the TS3PatchLauncher.exe.It doesn't send it to the recycle bin it just vanishes, have never seen that before.
Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I wouldn't be surprised if EA steals this and added to their next patch.

That would require EA being interested in patching TS3 ;P. Although I guess the Mac 64-bit users might have hope.

Are there many people using this alongside TurboTraveler? What have been your experiences?
Scholar
#43 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 9:44 AM
But yeah, I was wondering how I can tell if it's working, and then I open CAS and *schlurp* it just sucks all the textures off the hard drive in half a second.

Which just makes me angry. At EA, mind you. We've had our patience tried for 12 years just because some numbnuts at Maxis put a delay between them. I can sorta even understand it in the main AI processing and such, for 2009, since there still were some single core CPUs around in old computers. But when all I want is to load the textures or outfits, it has NO sane reason to keep throwing 33ms delays in the loop. There is literally nothing else in the game that really needs more CPU time in that time.

Maybe EA should actually hire people who can program, not just whoever has level 10 reputation with the nerds at the comic book store.

Also, I don't know if it's just confirmation bias or whatever, but I also notice:

A) sims spend a lot less time just hanging around pondering the best next move and the way to it, like the philosophers of old

B) I seem to get a lot less cases of unroutable sims or Overwatch finding literally 131 errors when I transition between uni and the normal town or back. I'm guessing a lot of processing for a large town was timing out and getting dropped. So basically even a lot of the instability that needed NRaas in the first place seems to have been avoidable if EA hadn't thrown in those extra delays.
Scholar
#44 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 10:06 AM
So I ran this on 1.69 and I don't want to be the nay sayer, because it could easily be my old butt of a computer, but I didn't notice much difference. Yes sims cas sliders are a bit smoother, but I already had difficulty making slight adjustments. So now it feels a bit to touchy to me. Also my patterns didn't load much faster than before. Could be my computer. Could be that I spent so much time optimizing my set up. Hell maybe it just doesn't work as well for 1.69. No clue. I did notice my computer fans working harder though and I'm not sure the heat spike is worth the results I was getting. But certainly everyone should try it for themselves.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#46 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:19 PM
Well, temporarily unroutable, sure, there's no way to prevent that without going TS4 on its ass and making sims pass right through each other. I meant the kind that gets caught by NRaas, i.e., ones that time out because someone else was idling there pondering their own route.

Well, those are probably more like the odd happy case, but it's hard not to notice that I just went to college and back and didn't have any errors trapped, much less the kind of 131 errors caught I occasionally got before. (Actual number I saw yesterday, btw.)
Scholar
#47 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:22 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 26th Jul 2021 at 3:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
So I ran this on 1.69 and I don't want to be the nay sayer, because it could easily be my old butt of a computer, but I didn't notice much difference. Yes sims cas sliders are a bit smoother, but I already had difficulty making slight adjustments. So now it feels a bit to touchy to me. Also my patterns didn't load much faster than before. Could be my computer. Could be that I spent so much time optimizing my set up. Hell maybe it just doesn't work as well for 1.69. No clue. I did notice my computer fans working harder though and I'm not sure the heat spike is worth the results I was getting. But certainly everyone should try it for themselves.

Depends on the computer, I suppose. If you're on an HDD, yeah, probably that's more of a bottleneck than EA's delays. I'm on a PCIe 4.0 Samsung 980 Pro, and I can definitely tell a difference.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:42 PM
Wow. Like, wow. Dat moment when one person does more to improve the game than EA did in the last decade.

FACTS! This <1MB sized mod is doing more for TS3 than EA's 100MB+ patches that broke more than they fixed, it's insane!

God, it's like Aliens: Colonial Marines all over again, where a typo in one line of Gearbox's coding borked the whole game, until the modding community patched it.

These gaming companies are no stinking good sometimes, I swear.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I wouldn't be surprised if EA steals this and added to their next patch.

If EA knows what's good for them, they'll stay superglued to TS4's teats like they've been doing -- I wish they would show up 7 years late to the dang party and patch TS3, omg. After abandoning us for that absolute dumpster fire of a dollhouse simulator. Clowns.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
Just gave the Origin version a try (I’m on 1.69), but every time I try to load a world (from an existing save or new) I get the serious error pop up telling me to restart the application. This persists even after I’ve removed the mod from my Bin folder

So uninstalling and completely reinstalling the game seemed to fix the serious error pop up I kept getting even after I took the smooth mod out. I’m guessing my Bin folder got fucked up somehow. I haven’t seen any complaints like mine reported, so if anyone else experiences the same error and manages to fix it let me know. Until then, I think I’ll keep the mod out of my game.
Scholar
#50 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 10:48 PM
Hi @LazyDuchess and everyone!
@LazyDuchess, I just want to say Thank you so much for this patch! I never thought it was possible to have something like this for such an old game (that i love so much lol). I have the discs with serial numbers, that I backed up as ISOs on CDs, DVDs and a flash drive and a NAS drive - just to make sure I lose nothing lol. I'm so glad I kept them all and stuck at 1.67!

I'm testing this out now and I'm impressed! I'm really enjoying this discussion here too, I'm getting some really helpful tips on how to configure this mod although I'm still trying to find a good number to set the TPS at lol (60 to 120 does nothing, 1000 is too much, the camera swishes around too fast I actually feel sick lol) My game starts up slower, it was actually faster with Turbo Travel mod, but that mod brought its own problems so I took the modified files out and put back the originals.)
This mod is better and more stable - I'm not sure using both is beneficial to be honest - do they modify the same files?
My specs are:
i7-7700 (kaby lake s, 2017, 4 years, Quad Core, 4100MHz, 3.60GHz)
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 (8GB)

Temps before installing mod:
CPU - 36c (100f)
GPU - 39c (102f)

Temps after installing mod: (at 500 TPS)
CPU - 39c
GPU - 39c (no change! I'm very happy about that lol)

Gameplay is a little bit smoother, CAS and CASt is definetly much more faster.
If I can set a number that is a good all-rounder, I'd be so happy :D
Page 2 of 7