Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tenant and Landlord Mod v3.2 << UPDATED: 11/05/2006 <<

by monique Posted 6th Jul 2006 at 12:14 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2006 at 11:13 AM by monique

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 208 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 9
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:53 AM Last edited by monique : 6th Jul 2006 at 6:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by guiguibrasil
Is so cool, Oh my god, congratulations... But have a bug, i'm daily payment is by hour, no by day...

Thank you very much, you really tested it. Pls download v1.1 that fixed that problem. I used that for my testing, at least you have seen how it works and you dont need to wait the whole day or week.

JadeElliott, if you're asking the one like in buying business lot or community from a computer, I think that's not possible or maybe I haven't not yet seen the codes for that. But I already tried that and I ended this way just simply to accomplish your request.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:59 AM
This is a spectacular idea. Thanks a lot! I'm gonna go test it out.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:47 AM
Wow...this is complete and utter GENIUS!!! You are so extremely talented! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 7:13 AM
Wow, this seems a very good idea. Well done on your great work ^^

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 7:45 AM
Monique, does this need OfB?

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 8:24 AM
Excellent idea, and great mod!!!! Thank you. :P
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#32 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 8:28 AM
Brilliant Monique, just like all your work! :thumbsup:
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 9:38 AM
Have I ever told you your my hero?

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 9:54 AM
Thanks for this awesome mod, would it be poss to add a rent payment of $50 please, I consider this is a fair amount to pay for a trailer per week?

Thanks
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 11:32 AM
Wow Monique you never cease to amaze me!! I can't wait to try this out today. Thanks!!

"I feel better than a nice tub of good things"- Freakazoid!

Click here to play the most infectious online game ever. You'll never be the same. . . .
Test Subject
#36 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 11:34 AM
This is great, iv'e been looking for something like this.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 1:32 PM
I never thought I'd see the day! Well I thought we would when O4B was annouched, but when it never happened, my dreams were shattered! But now! Oh my! I cannot believe someone has made something like this! Thank you! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Downloading now...bing! I cannot wait to play and test it later! 5 stars +

"I cannot live without MODTHESIMS2! :D ><

Sims has never been this much fun..."
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 2:29 PM
this is such a clever and inspiring idea, and I fully understand how it works... Im off to try it now, as soon as i find this 'appartment mod'

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 3:05 PM
"I cannot wait to play and test it later! 5 stars + "
"I can't wait to try this out today."

We're supposed to test it before we rate and comment, are we not?

Anyway, it's been tested in my game. I have all EP's installed. It works in that it x-fers the money from new owner to old owner, but my Sim doesn't seem to be paying any rent out on Tuesday, as I selected a couple of them to do at the owner's lot.

Also, when the Sim moves out of the lot, they get the money for the house when they are in the Sim bin and the house is not the property of the "new owner" anymore. Does that make sense in how I worded that? I am only on my first cup of coffee this morning. lol

Is there anyway to make the houses like in Uni where they're "for rent" when someone moves into them when it's empty and someone has already purchased it from someone? That would be really cool.

Great mod, otherwise!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menmyzach
Anyway, it's been tested in my game. I have all EP's installed. It works in that it x-fers the money from new owner to old owner, but my Sim doesn't seem to be paying any rent out on Tuesday, as I selected a couple of them to do at the owner's lot.

Tuesday is for adding "behind" payment to Bills not for paying rent.

Also, when the Sim moves out of the lot, they get the money for the house when they are in the Sim bin and the house is not the property of the "new owner" anymore. Does that make sense in how I worded that? I am only on my first cup of coffee this morning. lol

It's hard to manipulate codes in neighborhood screen such not paying lot when moving in to new lot if that lot is own by some one else. Or not receiving money when the whole family move out from that lot to Sim bin. Normally hacks/mods works inside the lot not in neighborhood screen. Right now I dont know how to do it.

Is there anyway to make the houses like in Uni where they're "for rent" when someone moves into them when it's empty and someone has already purchased it from someone? That would be really cool.

Sorry, I didnt get this one. It sounds like a dorm in residential lot?

Thanks for your report.

Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:51 PM
Have tested this very briefly, mainly because I didn't really fully understand how it works, and I still don't! I set things up so one Sim was paying 5% rental daily for a lot worth $16,433. The amount she is being charged is $5235 per day, which doesn't make any sense to me. I assumed she would be paying around $800 per day, but I admit that maths was never my best subject.

What I want to use this for is not so much rent, but mortgaging. Is it possible to offer that as well, so once the Sim has paid the full purchase price, the ownership of the lot is automatically transferred to them? I can get round it manually by transferring it, but it would mean making huge lists of how much has been paid and how much is owed ... I just know I would get into a terrible muddle. This was my intention with the Sim mentioned above, that once she had paid 20 or so payments, she would own the house outright, rather like a 20-year mortgage in other words. If she sold it before then, ideally there would be an option to pay back the balance from the sale proceeds, but failing that I can do it manually.

The other problem I have is that if I put a Sim in a lot that they are paying rent on (or buying), the reason for it is because they are skint. But because they have to be set as the original owner, they are receiving the value of the lot from whoever they sell it to (so are no longer skint!), plus they are getting memories of earning this money. I can get round this by teleporting in the person I want to own the lot, getting them to buy it and putting the deed into their inventory - would this work or would it muck-up the system? It's not such a problem in a new neighbourhood because I can just take the owner(s) round all the houses first, but in an established neighbourhood it's more awkward.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:33 PM Last edited by monique : 6th Jul 2006 at 6:42 PM.
For first paragraph:
When I tested it was giving me the right figures, but anyway I'll review it again.

Second paragraph:
The idea of the mod is about tenant and landlord and it concentrates on rent. Maybe another mod for that or maybe another option for that.

Third paragraph:
You can only set "Set Me the Owner" once because no one owns the lot. After you sell it to other sim then you move out (the original owner) from that lot, the next occupant cant set up "Set Me the Owner" because someone owns that lot, so he cant sell it but he has an option to buy it. Or you can use simoleons flusher. I'll take note of this I can add a dialog box if you want to accept payment (Yes/No).

Thanks for your report.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:53 PM Last edited by chaisipper : 6th Jul 2006 at 6:57 PM. Reason: 'cause I can't think and type :D
This is an impressive mod... I'm always amazed at the brilliance in our modding community... I know absolutely nothing about modding, other than I LOVE the mods in my game! This one seems especially complex. JadeEliott's Isle of Thyme economy is quite a feat. Major kudos to you for seeing the possibilities and helping the Isle of Thyme residents benefit from it!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:54 PM
Between you and Squinge I don't see how I will ever be able to stop adding to my game! lol thanks so much, this is a very interesting hack indeed
Field Researcher
#45 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 7:09 PM
Ancient Sim, the best way to set up mortgaging is to use Monique's computer and take out a loan with it for the purchase price of the house and then pay back the loan.

:-)
Field Researcher
#46 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chaisipper
This is an impressive mod... I'm always amazed at the brilliance in our modding community... I know absolutely nothing about modding, other than I LOVE the mods in my game! This one seems especially complex. JadeEliott's Isle of Thyme economy is quite a feat. Major kudos to you for seeing the possibilities and helping the Isle of Thyme residents benefit from it!

Thanks Chai! :-)

Now Mayor Harrison can own all residential lots and my sims have to either rent or take out a loan or save up to buy!

Perfect!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 7:35 PM
This is amazing. I am certainly going to try it out! What a great job for a stay-at-home parent. Imagine, no repairs, going to collect rent, and all the other annoyances of landlording. Sheer genius.

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 8:28 PM
Monique, I think I love you

This is just perfect and I can't wait to get this into my game. I was disappointed in the release of OFB not having this option added but thanks to you I can relish the fact that my sims can now own res. prop. Brillant Brillant Brillant.
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 9:17 PM
Sorry, more one bug, in percentage, 1% is 10% and 2% is 20%, can you fix? plz...
P.S. - I love your mods!!! Principaly the Computer!
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 11:34 PM
One Question!
Can I make rental fee to comercial lots?
If no, i want! if, possible!
Page 2 of 9