Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 5:39 PM
SimPe can't find glasses
Hi! I'm very fresh to SimPE and defaulting, however I really want to default replace the glasses in-game cause they are not being used by me. However, when I search in SimPE for the files (such as "Umaccessorysunglassesdesigner" or "Ufaccessorysunglassesretro") they don't show up! I have installed the DDS Utilities + SimpPe 0.75.69 (I need to change out the one, I picked T&A by mistake :S).

Any help is appreciated, thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 7:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Mar 2021 at 8:03 PM.
If you're looking for files from EPs/SPs, make sure you've set up the game file paths properly in Extra/Preferences, or SimPE won't be able to search for them. I tested with the "accessorysunglassesretro" and "accessorysunglassesdesigner" and got the um/uf textures plus the meshes to show up fine, so they are there. They seem to be in the Bon Voyage files, so check the file paths if nothing else is working.

If you're having issues finding them, try using the "Finder" (tab at the bottom), set it up with the "NameMap Search" and "Contains [Match]" and search the main part without the age/gender - for instance "accessorysunglassesretro" instead of "Ufaccessorysunglassesretro" - this should give you the list of files so it's easier to know what to look for.

Meshes are usually sorted by AM/AF/TM/TF/CU
Textures for accessories are usually listed as UF/UM and sometimes UU.
You'll want to take these out of the start of the filename when searching, to get all the files belonging to a particular item.

If you're having issues in the PJSE tool, when extracting the mesh, make sure you do "File --> new" first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you're looking for files from EPs/SPs, make sure you've set up the game file paths properly in Extra/Preferences, or SimPE won't be able to search for them. I tested with the "accessorysunglassesretro" and "accessorysunglassesdesigner" and got the um/uf textures plus the meshes to show up fine, so they are there. They seem to be in the Bon Voyage files, so check the file paths if nothing else is working.

If you're having issues finding them, try using the "Finder" (tab at the bottom), set it up with the "NameMap Search" and "Contains [Match]" and search the main part without the age/gender - for instance "accessorysunglassesretro" instead of "Ufaccessorysunglassesretro" - this should give you the list of files so it's easier to know what to look for.

Meshes are usually sorted by AM/AF/TM/TF/CU
Textures for accessories are usually listed as UF/UM and sometimes UU.
You'll want to take these out of the start of the filename when searching, to get all the files belonging to a particular item.

If you're having issues in the PJSE tool, when extracting the mesh, make sure you do "File --> new" first.

Hi there, thanks so much for the reply. I tried the method you describe but no luck, and it looks like the file paths are set up correctly. I am using UC, can that affect it somehow? I made sure to test and I can see other objects/meshes when searching.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 4:06 PM
You may want to try searching for other files in that pack, to see if the game actually recognizes the BV path. Just because the paths seem to be set up properly doesn't mean SimPE is reading them.

If you use the 0.73 version of SimPE, it's known to not work very well with the UC paths (it works for some people but not for others). 0.75.69 (the one without T&A, there's two versions in CH's folder) should work better. The 0.75.fQA also works, but it has a few other issues that were corrected in CH's version.