Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I cancel people by clicking the ignore button. I've been doing it since I started posting on MTS, it is very effective.

How exactly does "you all" depend on EA? They don't pay my bills, take care of my property, do my shopping, clean my house or anything else for that matter. If the sims franchise disappeared tomorrow, people would still make mods and have things they want to talk about. The amount of time between the time I play my game and when I don't, continues to grow. I don't lose sleep if I don't open my game for months at a time. My sims will be there whenever I'm ready to deal with them.

I don't play / buy TS4 stuff, so again, where is this dependency issue? Or is this another one of those projection things?

So what are you doing here in the Sims 4 threads?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
So what are you doing here in the Sims 4 threads?

What exactly is your problem? Just because some of us might enjoy other Sims games more doesn't mean we can't care about this franchise or the direction it's heading. You getting so triggered about anyone saying anything remotely critical about TS4 says more about you than it does any of the rest of us.

We frequent these boards because we like to have civil discussion about it regardless. And just because we can. If you can't handle someone thinking differently than you about a game, that's completely on you. Grow up, seriously.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 6:51 AM
It's clear the Debbie Downers have taken over the threads here. Did it start like that or are you attempting to cancel others out? You all depend on EA/Maxis after all.

Eh... I think Mod The Sims and basically any modder site/user knows how lacking The Sims actually is. As do longtime players. If it weren't for mods, the game would feel as in-depth as a mobile game. It also just feels icky when players make these amazing QoL features or even bug fixes FOR FREE... And EA still does the bare minimum while getting paid lots. They do OK. The game is OK. But any company that actually cared about their game would aim higher than "just OK" lol. EA is able to do this because The Sims has no competition, so OK is all they need to aim for since they are all out of forks to give.

Though some features in The Sims 4 are improvements that focus on allowing functional creativity at the cost of actually seeming like a modern day game. I assume if they did have proper competition we'd get functional creativity AND polish. But why polish when the customers have no other options besides take it as is or leave it and get no other equivalent entertainment... Which of course rubs most consciousness players the wrong way. Kinda similar to the Pokemon video games. "We don't 100% like them, but we'll take 'em because something is better than nothing."
Mad Poster
#54 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 9:35 PM
You all depend on EA/Maxis after all.

If Maxis/EA goes out of business with The Sims, i.e the Sims franchises dies here and now, stop supporting it or whatever - modders and game reservers will jump in to ressurrect and modify. Much like with SimCity, it still receives criticism. So no, we no longer do depend on EA/Maxis, nor I personally financially contributed to their latest installment/sequal game. People can now legally download TS2 Ultimate Collection and TS1 Complete Collection EA dropped support on these games. So yeah... nobody's really depended on them anymore.

Also, modders like that one I forgot the name made its own version of the farming pack, the same guy that manage to include a new downloadable world thats a OPEN WORLD. So yeah, I don't think we no longer need maxis

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 6:27 PM
My belief is that if they got serious competition for the Sims, they would not get their act together, but kill the series. That's EA's general pattern, and certainly what Maxis did when Cities: Skylines showed that Sim City was no longer the gold standard of city builders.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 2:38 PM
Apple has lots of competition. It has lots of different products. But its phone is what everyone goes for the most. A lot of its reputation is built upon it. EA's reputation is not built upon The Sims, hence it would not really matter if Paralives or any other came up with a game to challenge The Sims. But EA is not like Apple. Apple cares about all its products - despite if they're popular or not. EA doesn't seem to care much about any of theirs. Makes no sense to me.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Forum Resident
#57 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 10:34 PM
I am ABSOLUTELY looking forward to a cottages expansion pack as advertised. Beyond thrilled... It looks amazing!!!! ZOMG. However, I am EXPECTING a barn rabbithole with a llama Statue and 2 chairs.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Page 3 of 3