Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul - [Island Paradise Update! Please redownload! New functionalities added!]

by shoni89P Posted 21st Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM by shoni89P : Update for 1.55 & Island Paradise EP + added new functionalities

578 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 386 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 24
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
The only thing I found were that always when a vampire will do this interactions like drinking and turning there is a romantic interaction before! The only exception was made by Morgana Hemlock, maybe because she is insane? She was the only npc vampire who offered to bite my sim and also aksed for nutrients without romantic interests! I never saw it from other vampires without romantic interactions before they start to do this things autonomous! But I cant say if this is important to know.

Hm...could be, but I am not so sure about it. I will do my research and try to find out the right tuning file.

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

VISIT MY DEVIANTART GALLERY FOR VIDEOGAME-BASED ARTWORKS!
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 1:16 PM
Excuse me, shoni, I really like the mod. But when it says "bites the wrist of same gender sim" why does mine bite the neck of the same gender sim? Is the mod conflicting with anything?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:47 PM
THANK YOU so much for uploading separate packages of everything!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:54 PM
Wow! Thanks again for complying Headed off to test at once...

Now, the only thing left missing is enabling all vampiric functions for teens! Hopefully you'll be able to look into it, Shoni, but in the meantime, simply try and enjoy all the praise you're given - people have been looking forward to something like this. Self included.

Ciao!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 5:06 PM
Thank you! You've really splitted the mod, I love it even more now.
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 4:23 AM
Vampire Overhaul - Thank YOU!!!
I am so happy! Thanks for splitting up the files! I can't wait to play now...I am actually excited about the vampires in the game. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:38 AM Last edited by shoni89P : 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Cannot make the damn connection work!!
Quote: Originally posted by abcde7945
You said it LovethMia - But I'll be damned: Vampires did neither sparkle nor burn in the sun, at all.

Dracula himself was actually shown walking in broad daylight with NO blisters, burns or any signs of fairy dust on him

The whole "misconception" was born in the early 19 century, through primarily the horror movies "Nosferatu" and "Dracula". The first mentioned did so to avoid any accusations by the Stoker family of plagiary. This quickly spread like wildfire into the mainstream mind(!)

Wanna be true to the Old Vampire myths, legends and folklore?
Download Tremerion's mods, VampireMood Twilight", which prevents the Too Much Sun moodlet setting in for 24h, quite useful for creating "realistic vampires". Snort.

Hm... That sounded strangely subliminal...

Hi =)
I have read plenty of Vampires novels/myths/legends (and I am NOT speaking about those sparkling idiots) and although I agree of the fact that some (if not all) Vampires should be able to walk under the direct sunlight without being burned to death, it will be a major "Cheat" in my opinion letting them walk freely under the sun in TS3: everyone then would become a vamp just because "Life is Easier as a Vamp" (slower motive decay, longer life, increased skill gain etc.). I want them to have a weak spot and being a big "Buffy" fan, i would like my vampires to burst into flames when under the sun for too long. However, you mentioned Dracula in your post =) Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of my favourite novels of all time, but according to that story, Dracula could walk under the sunlight without harm: he had to sleep in his coffin and drink fresh blood first however, and (although I do not remember if it's actually mentioned in the book) I like to believe his capability to walk under the sun was thanks to his deep rest and fresh blood.
Now, speaking of my mod, I am uploading a new feature right now that lets ANY vampire walk under the sunlight WITHOUT harm/negative moodlets if his/her thirst bar is AT LEAST by 2/3 full. My mod already lowers the thirst decay rate, and if your vampires hunt and drink from their preys (with my overhaul the "sanguine snack" moodlet lasts for 36 hours and such blocking the thirst bar for 1.5 days) they can go out under the sun without harm, as long as their thirst bar is almost full. I think this is a good compromise, a thirsty vampire is weakened and gets harmed under the sun. Hope you all like this new feature. Happy Biting to everyone ^,..,^

Oh, well if you prefer the "Twilight" version, you're free to use it of course

EDIT: Apparently there's too much traffic atm, and I can't post anything (trying for 3 hours!), I will post this new functionality as soon as I can edit my post (might be my damn wifi, idk). Sorry for the delay.

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:19 PM
My vampire died from hunger as he had just been sleeping for a while. He got up from bed, was too hungry and just died.. Looks like it can happen again with other vampires with the full mod. Apart from that i liked this mod.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:30 PM
Thank you for spliting the files!
I really liked your idea for future instalment that after being bitten the energy level has a major fall. Right now the exausted buff show after being bitten, but my sim keeps going without much problem. I would like him to show more tiredness or more distress.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:54 PM
I think you just voiced what made the brainchild so popular in the first place!

But what you've got going there with the mod, gonna donwload it straight away. Excellent idea - it's a great way to make ends meet(switching over as soon as possible), for even if the vamps did actually not take any harm - they'd have a major advantage.

The vampire trait overall, is a trait I grant sparingly in-game. This'll serve, though, as a good compromiseDefinitely about to give it a shot.

But mentioning The Dracula; I'm quite sure he was, in the story, heavily dependent on a regular consumption of blood, as he would've otherwise become severely weakened? That, alongside with the rapid decay of his body - a curtailed aging - he went through like a fast forward morph. Almost like your new mod, he rejuvenated himself through "the life force" of others.

Not sure I'm citing 100%, but if it's the case, the vampire wouldn't really last long anywhere without 'plasma':/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 8:13 PM
I've noticed in my game that no vampire can do the "vampire run" thing at all. not during day or night..

could you please inform me where in the game files is the xml that controls the vampire run ability is located so o could see if there is a mod interfering with it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:00 PM
Thanks for the mod! It will defiantly make being a vamp more interesting!
Instructor
#63 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoni89P
EDIT: Apparently there's too much traffic atm, and I can't post anything (trying for 3 hours!), I will post this new functionality as soon as I can edit my post (might be my damn wifi, idk). Sorry for the delay.

Hey Shoni!

Is the new version already uploaded? I just came home from work and read your post. Dont know which time it was for you at this time you posted about it! I am in germany.

Greetings
Tanja
Test Subject
#64 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 10:00 PM
This looks to be exactly what I have been looking for. Does it conflict with No More Random Puking - LN ?
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoni89P
I have read plenty of Vampires novels/myths/legends (and I am NOT speaking about those sparkling idiots)

Hey! I LOVE those Twilight vamps! :D

TY for these. I thought some stuff wasn't quite right, but I guess I'm used to EA doing everything a little "off" so I'm always hunting for good mods.
Test Subject
#66 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:36 AM
Has anyone had an NPC vampire autonomously bite a sim yet? I've had a test sim invite over a vampire and not so much as a nibble. I've had the vampires thirst down to just above them starving to death and they still will do just about anything but bite. I've even had to remove just about anything distracting from the dwelling since they'll watch TV, read, play computer games, etc, but not feed off the available sim. I've tried with both high and low relationship scores and that doesn't seem to make a difference either. I've run the test probably two or three dozen times in the last few days.

Just out of curiousity, what's the percentage for them to bite set to?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InPinkClover3
Hey! I LOVE those Twilight vamps! :D

TY for these. I thought some stuff wasn't quite right, but I guess I'm used to EA doing everything a little "off" so I'm always hunting for good mods.

Hi =)
I did not wanted to offend the whole "Twilight saga" novels and such =) I had read all 5 books of the saga, I even liked them actually. The only thing I find ridiculous about this saga is the sparkling thing. It's SO teenage/emo/bimbiminkia (Italian slang, those of you who speak Italian would smile here) and TOTALLY un-vampiric. Vampires BURN under the sun, and if they have fresh blood in their body, sunlight doesn't make their bodies shine like a discopub globe -__-
Just wanted to clear this out:
Twilight etc. = ok
Shiny vamps = BAD

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NVRaptor
Has anyone had an NPC vampire autonomously bite a sim yet? I've had a test sim invite over a vampire and not so much as a nibble. I've had the vampires thirst down to just above them starving to death and they still will do just about anything but bite. I've even had to remove just about anything distracting from the dwelling since they'll watch TV, read, play computer games, etc, but not feed off the available sim. I've tried with both high and low relationship scores and that doesn't seem to make a difference either. I've run the test probably two or three dozen times in the last few days.

Just out of curiousity, what's the percentage for them to bite set to?

Hi =)
just to make things clear to everyone, unfortunately I haven't yet found out how to increase the default chance for NPCs to bite someone. Should I find out how to do it, I will surely make a mod about for my overhaul and post it here, but AS FOR NOW MY MOD DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE FOR A NPC VAMPIRE TO BITE SOMEONE, so please do not post question about this issue here. Discuss it in the forum (where I post too =) so that maybe someone can help to discover this thing. In my opinion, EA made this chance VERY VERY LOW (next to non-existant for some users) in order to prevent this doggone SPREADING OF FREE VIOLENCE in their game. You cannot imagine how many interactions/wishes they took out from the final release. Searching in the database, I found out there were many vamp-related wishes (like "bite someone", "drink plasma from a sim") and even a LIFETIME wish "Creature of the Night, probably "Bite XY sims in your life". How pity they took 'em out, it would have been so much fun to have more and more things. I even think Vampirism would have been some sort of a special ability in the panel (like, you know, the band thing -- not an ability but still appears in the skill panel), and there would have been some opportunities related, some rewards (like probably, after you bite XY sims you gain a new power etc). How pity EA comes with such great ideas only to be taken out for a "LESS VIOLENT" game -___- I suggest EA to think for the next supernatural occult sim: the mighty Social Bunny perhaps?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mantas
My vampire died from hunger as he had just been sleeping for a while. He got up from bed, was too hungry and just died.. Looks like it can happen again with other vampires with the full mod. Apart from that i liked this mod.

Hi =)
I am sorry to hear that but my mod has nothing to do with it: as I wrote in the main post, the altar DOES NOT FREEZE the thirst bar, only other needs: in fact, if you make a thirsty vampire sleep there, tis no wonder he/she woke up and died starving. Try to make your vampire sleep when sated

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aliera
Thank you for spliting the files!
I really liked your idea for future instalment that after being bitten the energy level has a major fall. Right now the exausted buff show after being bitten, but my sim keeps going without much problem. I would like him to show more tiredness or more distress.

Hi =)
Yeah, I'm on my way on trying to insert such functionality to the mod. It'll probably require CORE modding (which I do not know anything about) but I am reading many tutorials and eventually this and many other features will be available in a potential future update. =)
Greetings

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uglydemon
I've noticed in my game that no vampire can do the "vampire run" thing at all. not during day or night..

could you please inform me where in the game files is the xml that controls the vampire run ability is located so o could see if there is a mod interfering with it

Hi =)
Your issue is probably "Locomotion.XML" related. Do you use any mod that alter walkstyles (like my "Mummies and Simbots walk normally")? If you do, re-download them as you're probably using an outdated version. If you don't, well, my Overhaul does NOT alter any Locomotion strings, so your problem is not related to my mod.
Greetings

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Temporia
This looks to be exactly what I have been looking for. Does it conflict with No More Random Puking - LN ?

Hi =)
No, my mod does not conflict with that mod, you're free to use them both =)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:53 AM
Hey Shoni!

Is the new version already uploaded? I just came home from work and read your post. Dont know which time it was for you at this time you posted about it! I am in germany.

Greetings
Tanja

Hi Tanja =)
du bist nicht so weit von mir (bin Italiener) aber meine verdammte WiFi geht nicht besonders gut manchmal. Gestern nachmittag konnte ich nicht online sein aber jetzt hab ich endlich mein mod updated du kannst es sofort runterladen

------------------

Vampire Overhaul has been updated, please re-download the new version, and please read the main post for detailed info on WHAT has been updated and WHAT must be re-downloaded.
Greetings to you all =)

Instructor
THANKS POST
#74 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:53 AM
Cool du spricht Deutsch Finde ich echt klasse!
----

I tried to find out where in the gameplay.package the run speed is. But I couldnt find anything except the walkstyle thing... I dont know under which name EA put the vampire run style. Because I also want to have faster running vampires. The blur behind them is good and nice, but pointless when they run like normal sims :-(

And I really looking forward for your future updates! I hope the hidden wishes can could be add to the game again. A shame EA didnt placed them in the game :-/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:59 AM
Cool du spricht Deutsch Finde ich echt klasse!
----

I tried to find out where in the gameplay.package the run speed is. But I couldnt find anything except the walkstyle thing... I dont know under which name EA put the vampire run style. Because I also want to have faster running vampires. The blur behind them is good and nice, but pointless when they run like normal sims :-(

And I really looking forward for your future updates! I hope the hidden wishes can could be add to the game again. A shame EA didnt placed them in the game :-/

Ja, ich kann Deutsch und auch ein bisschen Französisch (hab Neusprachlichen Gymnasium besucht, und bin in Südtirol geboren

------------

Hi Tanja =)
well, according to what I have been thinking these days, I really hope the vampiric run isn't just an animation. If it does, well there's merely nothign I can do =( I have NO knowledge about it unfortunately. I think it'll require CORE mod skilling and I am learning the basis of it. It'll require time.
Yeah, I blame EA too for those missing things.

Page 3 of 24