2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#28851 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 11:26 PM
I used to know how to edit the lighting file so the shadow in neighbourhood view is the same as the shadow in lot view. It seems to be right in Veronaville just now so I guess I must have copied it from my old computer. I thought I had a note on how to do it, so I'll see if I can find it on my old computer.

Somebody told me how to do it. I didn't work it out for myself!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#28852 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I'm still amazed that when someone says "hey hey hey I heard saving while sims are on the phone causes corruption!!!1" everyone just accepts this as graven truth and alters their play style to accommodate that, but when someone casually suggests that maybe you should actually keep track of what mods you have installed people go apeshit.

It wasn't "casually" though, the sarcasm was a little too rich for my liking ...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#28853 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 1:33 AM
I'm sorry? Nothing I've said in this conversation has been sarcastic, except for my reaction to the ridiculous idea that we should stop giving people advice about the game.
Field Researcher
#28854 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 1:48 AM
I have always wondered. When a Sim is in the bathroom, everybody else in the house gets a thought bubble with a red X over that Sim's head. What is that about? What is it supposed to mean? I think it might've been in Sims 1 as well. I just remember laughing about them secretly hating the other Sim for being in the bathroom.
Mad Poster
#28855 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 2:18 AM
That's not the only time it shows, just the most noticeable. It pops up when a sim who is around is not visible - has gone into another room - and may be read as "where did so-and-so go?" But that's not the way most people read it right off the bat.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28856 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 2:58 AM
Based on what the mod that was made to get rid of that feature modifies, it's part of the privacy code and is thus indeed specific to the bathroom.
Field Researcher
#28857 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 3:50 AM
Is it randomly decided whether you get the green or tan camo for the Recruit/Elite Forces job? It bothers me that my Sims in Strangetown get the green camo.
Lab Assistant
#28858 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Because when you mess your game up, other people have to help you fix it, possibly the same modder whose description of the mod you chose not to read. But maybe you're right. Maybe we shouldn't care about anyone else's game. Great, let's take down all information we have about corruption, all the guides for the how to use the lot debugger, all the critical fix mods, all the advice and knowledge the fandom has built up over the years, because someone finds that advice to be oppressive. Sounds like a great plan.

no offense, but i'm still trying to figure out how you managed to type all of this without cracking up
Mad Poster
#28859 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I have always wondered. When a Sim is in the bathroom, everybody else in the house gets a thought bubble with a red X over that Sim's head. What is that about? What is it supposed to mean? I think it might've been in Sims 1 as well. I just remember laughing about them secretly hating the other Sim for being in the bathroom.

I read it as "So and so should get the hell out of the bathroom before I pee myself!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
just a girl
#28860 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77

I always thought it meant that the house had thin walls and the sim in the bathroom was making noises nobody wanted to hear or something like that
And I also only see this thought bubble in connection to the sim in the bathroom, no other room.
Top Secret Researcher
#28861 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 7:50 AM
If you have pescado's no stomping mod, those thought bubbles will SPAM whenever someone's trying to get into an occupied toilet... unless you also have a no privacy bathroom mod.

Theorist
#28862 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 1:19 PM
I think I remember seeing them spamming in a non-modded game as well. At least 3 or so pop up, however nearly at the same time, so it's not as apparent if you don't zoom in.
Mad Poster
#28863 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EduPie
no offense, but i'm still trying to figure out how you managed to type all of this without cracking up

Well, I'm glad you've managed to find something funny about all of the hard work people have put in to make this knowledge widely available.
Top Secret Researcher
#28864 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 6:04 PM
Is it against the forum rules to be annoying?

Inventor
#28865 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 6:51 PM
How to enable quarter tile placement for specific CCs if they aren't yet?
Mad Poster
#28866 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 7:28 PM Last edited by FranH : 30th Nov 2021 at 10:05 PM.
I'm trying to figure out why I can't put the testing mode cheat in-is it
Boolproptestingcheatsenable true ?
Or am I not putting in the right capital letters?
I don't use it that often but I need to-I'm testing something today.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#28867 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 7:32 PM
It's 3 separate words thus:

Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true

Note the d on the end of "enabled".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28868 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It's 3 separate words thus:

Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true

Note the d on the end of "enabled".

Ah, that was the reason the cheat box would not close. I'd run them all together.

Thanks!

Alchemist
#28869 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 1:46 AM Last edited by omglo : 1st Dec 2021 at 1:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
How to enable quarter tile placement for specific CCs if they aren't yet?

Open it in Simpe, go to OBJD, and open the raw data tab. Make sure you're in hex mode. Look for the line "sale price' under the catalog price category. Change the value to 0x0023. Commit and save. You may assume that I misunderstood the question, because this sounds nonsensical, but that's really how it works.
Mad Poster
#28870 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 1:57 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Dec 2021 at 5:35 PM.
^
35 for the decimal mode also works for quartertile

(As long as you use the correct value for the correct mode, it doesn't matter which of these you use. The decimal value is nice to know if you're also editing the price, or other things that are easier to edit under the decimal mode).
Alchemist
#28871 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 2:03 AM
Exactly. I didn't mean to imply that you needed to be in a specific mode, but since I only remember the hex value...
Mad Poster
#28872 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:43 AM
Here's one:
How do you enable 'serve visitors' on a custom food if there is no option-the creator did not put one in?

Scholar
#28873 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Freefalldreams : 1st Dec 2021 at 9:43 PM.
Using sarcasm online without tagging it is a bannable offence, remember? /s
Seriously, it's about as ableist as banning workplace/academic use of Comic Sans sight-unseen (as in, not even knowing what Comic Sans looks like!) and since we play a game that pretty much exclusively favours that font, perhaps we should act in its spirit when discussing corruption. Also, while MTS's language is English, not everyone here is fluent in it. Speaking of both, I think I know why people don't like reading long discussions of corruption or the workings of mods. They tend to be pretty clear here, but on other sites they can get long, complicated, needlessly discoursey, and self-contradictory because either the creator doesn't know what they're talking about, or they feel they have to act like they don't in order to avoid offending their audience. There are some very gifted creators who really should be made to understand that we want to know what their mod does, not see repeated effusive thanks to everyone who taught them how to make it and pretty pictures that do not actually show how to make it work. Read enough of those, and you start wanting to just scan everything you read, even if you know better.

I think the bathroom thought is something along the lines of, "What are they DOING in there?" because the Sim thinking it feels that the other one has been taking too long in the bathroom. It could be about smell or noise too, but given that it can happen at a distance, it seems more to be scarce resources -- although that too can be piggish behaviour, as it happens regardless of actual need to use the facilities.

Here's a question: What's a good aspirational computer for playing TS2 with the advantages of its modern form? I'm thinking a massive Downloads folder (because there's so much good stuff!) and acceptable loading times, use of reshade for actual gameplay, graphics settings set high enough that one can actually see the enhanced lot imposters all the way to where the edge of the map hits the skyline and skybox... However, I know that because of TS2's age, the newest gaming-and-graphics computers are not shoo-ins for actually handling it well. I know AndrewGloria got a new laptop recently and is impressed by loading times on it, and fast loading on a heavy CC load and the ability to have upgraded graphics without crashing (and probably burning) are my biggest priorities for this. Large desktops are probably off limits, but not smaller "portable" ones that could fit, sans monitor, in a wheelie carry-on bag -- I'm actually sick of laptops at this point due to the price difference between replacement computers and replacement parts, so I'm thinking of going back to something big enough for me to do my own upgrades when I can afford a new one. And yes, TS2, in some form or other, is the number one thing I intend to do with that one, so I'm trying to figure out how much to save up for it!
Inventor
#28874 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 9:45 PM
How to modify the elevation at the borders on an existing lot with LotAdjuster? I decided upon building that I want to create a sloped cellar.
Screenshots
Instructor
#28875 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:44 PM
I have an embarrassingly noobish question considering I've only been playing since 2004 but how does one have a house with more than 8 sims in it?

Whenever I wanted to do so for story purposes I'd just make them selectable but doing it that way they're always gone when you reload the lot. I want to do it in a way that they actually all permanently live in the house.

I've got the cheat in my startup for maxtotalsims but I'm not sure how to actually move more than 8 on to the lot. Do I need to use like simblender or something to add them to the family? And if I do that will they stay?
Page 1155 of 1345