Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LusterShine Lipgloss - (Non - Replacement)

by Miniie Posted 20th Jul 2009 at 9:46 PM - Updated 21st Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM by Miniie

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:04 AM
Looks gorgeous, looking forward to using it in-game. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:36 AM
Fantastic job, I knew someone would be releasing this soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katana
Yay! I can't wait to try these out with the alpha replacements I got at GOS. They look lovely, so thank you so much for sharing them.

EDIT: Unfortunately, they don't match up well with the re-alphas. I haven't tried them *without* the re-alphas, but I'd be willing to bet that they look lovely without them. I would LOVE to see a version for that set, but I'm not greedy. You have put a lot of work into this already and we all appreciate it, even if it doesn't quite work for me.

Alpha replacements? For skin? replacement skin?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carramaena
I'm so excited to try this out!! It looks like it's going to be awesome!

On a side note, what eyes are used on the model?

Those are my Colorblend default eye replacements.\
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=355433
Forum Resident
#30 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 9:54 PM
Did I say that I love you?.. No?
I LOVE YOU!
These are awesome! Just what a needed.
Thanks a bunch!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Test Subject
#31 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:26 AM
Default help me
um i cant downloa it into the game idk y but i did what all the instructions say but when i extract the file in WinRAR and transport it to the sims3 download file it wont install to my game. help pleaze!!!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:39 AM
Oh, way cool! How did you edit it to just do the lips?! I've tried fiddling with the masks some, but I can't figure out how to change anything. This is so cool! I'm excited! It's a giant leap forward!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sydneyknowles
um i cant downloa it into the game idk y but i did what all the instructions say but when i extract the file in WinRAR and transport it to the sims3 download file it wont install to my game. help pleaze!!!

Did you delete the Simcompositorcache.package file from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The sims 3.

If that doesnt work, check here http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...g_Package_Files

Quote: Originally posted by SnowWhiteCharming
Oh, way cool! How did you edit it to just do the lips?! I've tried fiddling with the masks some, but I can't figure out how to change anything. This is so cool! I'm excited! It's a giant leap forward!

You have to edit the alpha channel on the textures to only show the lips. If you extract the .dds file for the FACE you can use it as a guide.
It's in this thread. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...813#post2705813
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:37 AM
this worked well but within 5 minutes i went to change my sims hair and then i noticed that the game glitches up and makes her whole face a pale type of white as soon as she wears this mask

dont kno what could be causing this tho

but thank u soo much otherwise it did look good for a couple minutes
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 9:18 PM
Hi. I was so excited to try this out, yet I haven't been in CAS for so long, building a mansion.
But today I've decided to check out the goodies for sims.

There is a problem with your make-up, sounds like the same as sims3blog mentioned above. The full face lightens up when placed on. Especially noticable on dark skinned models, I have gotten a screenshot to show you what it does, it is a random sim, with and without your gloss:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...glosseffect.jpg
It gives highlights to the cheeks and nose, and a shadow under the lip. I hope you know why is this. I have no idea if it is fixable, or if only specific computers do this.
Thank you for your trouble though. It is a very innovative creative idea for makeup.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Antira
Hi. I was so excited to try this out, yet I haven't been in CAS for so long, building a mansion.
But today I've decided to check out the goodies for sims.

There is a problem with your make-up, sounds like the same as sims3blog mentioned above. The full face lightens up when placed on. Especially noticable on dark skinned models, I have gotten a screenshot to show you what it does, it is a random sim, with and without your gloss:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...glosseffect.jpg
It gives highlights to the cheeks and nose, and a shadow under the lip. I hope you know why is this. I have no idea if it is fixable, or if only specific computers do this.
Thank you for your trouble though. It is a very innovative creative idea for makeup.

Wow. That's really weird. I tested that out on all skin tones and i never got that. I'm going to look into it. I might have an idea of what might be causing it, but i'm going to have to test it out.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep you all posted.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:40 AM Last edited by sims3blog : 15th Sep 2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: update
this mask is not compatible with peggyzone skin however it is compatible with the skin used for THIS custom sim:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=363953

and the skin used for that sim seems compatible for all ages AND with the mask (even tho the lines do show up once ina while in CAS)
Field Researcher
#38 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 7:33 AM
Finally! - What the heck was EA thinking with that lipstick they offer? Versatile - yes, but making it look decent can be a real pain.

I think this is going to help greatly!
Scholar
#39 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3blog
u kno i just noticed that note and i do want to mention that i have the default skins from peggy zone so i dont kno if that has something to do it with im going to post screen shots of my version of mess ups but im thinking it has something to do with it not working properly and thats really too bad it looked soooo nice

this is my sim with the mask on
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-547.jpg

without the mask
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-551.jpg

i get the same exact thing it works well then i went to go change my sims hair and it does that and i too have the peggy default i guess this just doesnt work with defaults or at least peggys

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:29 AM
Awesome!
I love this so much!

It's all I use on all my lighter Sims now. But... as mentioned before there's a lightening to the face on darker tones In my game it is not as drastic as in sims3blog's picture. If it matters, my Sims skin is from Garden of Shadows and I took a couple pictures from CAS for your view pleasure

Before 1
After 1

Before 2
After 2
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 5:09 PM
i love this thank you very much you cant imagine how many days im being trying to find this thinking it was a skintone lol...it looks GREAT on the exchange thank you so much for doing this and i hope you do more cuz you are amazinggg
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 6:17 PM
I'm also seeing the lightening effect when putting the mask on, gets more noticable the darker the sim you have, but i was playing a normal caucasian and i noticed the lightening right away with her.. Any idea what might be going as, i really like this gloss idea, works really well in itself but the effect on the rest of the face puts me off

<'',><
Just keep swimming..
Field Researcher
#44 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:34 PM
I have to agree with all the above posters. I noticed the so-called "lightening" right away. To me it looks much more like a plastic sheen. It's like you put this lipmask on and bam! your sims have Barbie faces. But I, like j3nni noticed it on lighter toned sims, not pale, cause I don't really play pale, but on sims with like light tans. and I play with the asian skins by 234jiao.
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 3:47 PM
Cool i like it.
It´s lovely make-up for my sims!
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 1:31 PM
Fab, looks wondeful, and I love you can use one or both! How cool!!!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:57 AM
yay yay yay. All i wanted was a gloss. I am happy now. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 11:53 PM
This looks good with all colors♥♥♥
Page 2 of 2