Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Art of Flower Arranging Aspiration

by Itsmysimmod Posted 26th Oct 2018 at 3:16 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2022 at 1:12 AM by Itsmysimmod

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:36 AM
Thank you so much for this really great aspiration. My sims are always (like me) great flower friends and tend their gardens with lots of pleasure. This will make them even happier :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:14 PM
This is beautiful, thank you! Does the aspiration/reward trait offer any new socialization options?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:33 PM
Thank you for this mod! I have tried to get a couple of different sims to get inspired by the flower arranging bench and they have no intention of going any where near that bench, lol. Hopefully this mod will get them started. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mauvejijno
This is beautiful, thank you! Does the aspiration/reward trait offer any new socialization options?

There isn't any related to socialization options, even so when I was doing this mod I wanted to add a new socialization interaction about flower arrangement but since we will have a coming update for Python, I didn't do it. It needs the injectors. The new interaction I added to this mod was made time ago, that's the reason I added it.

But I want to know what socialization options do you say? To understand better and see if it makes sense to integrate it into the mod.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Itsmysimmod
There isn't any related to socialization options, even so when I was doing this mod I wanted to add a new socialization interaction about flower arrangement but since we will have a coming update for Python, I didn't do it. It needs the injectors. The new interaction I added to this mod was made time ago, that's the reason I added it.

But I want to know what socialization options do you say? To understand better and see if it makes sense to integrate it into the mod.

These are my ideas:
* I love how your reward trait allows for planting regardless of the season; is there any way to purchase specific flowers under the "Order" tab on the computer? (Similar to buying books or upgrade parts)
* A "Give Florist Lecture" interaction based on the Archaeology lecture awarded at skill lv. 10. This way a sim can share their love of the subject matter with multiple sims, and increase their skill levels too.
* A "Discuss favorite flowers" social that can leave both sims with a positive moodlet. The socials unlocked with the Floral Designer career branch are nice, but don't do anything. It could use icons from the "Blog about arrangement tips" interaction.

I have very little knowledge regarding Python or modding, so I don't know if these ideas are possible or not, but I'd be pleased to know what you think!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:44 AM
These are my ideas:
* I love how your reward trait allows for planting regardless of the season; is there any way to purchase specific flowers under the "Order" tab on the computer? (Similar to buying books or upgrade parts)
* A "Give Florist Lecture" interaction based on the Archaeology lecture awarded at skill lv. 10. This way a sim can share their love of the subject matter with multiple sims, and increase their skill levels too.
* A "Discuss favorite flowers" social that can leave both sims with a positive moodlet. The socials unlocked with the Floral Designer career branch are nice, but don't do anything. It could use icons from the "Blog about arrangement tips" interaction.

I have very little knowledge regarding Python or modding, so I don't know if these ideas are possible or not, but I'd be pleased to know what you think!

Thank you for your ideas, it is very appreciated.

We are almost in the same page in the last two social options, I wanted to add a "mentor" interaction and help other sims to level their skills and a "show enthusiasm of flower arranging" to let a moodlet in sims. I was thinking of them because they are the most possible ones, but as always I have to test first and see more the codes of the game. I like the name of "Discuss favorite flowers", it is more appropiated to the case and it is adapted on how the game it is designed in their social texts. Both of them need Python, so I can do it in my game and when the injector are updated I can make an update of this mod. Thank you for telling me these ideas, it motivates me more on making them.

About the first one I don't know if that is possible, at least on my knowledge, but I can search in deep about it, I am curious about it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 10:43 PM
I love this idea~ and mauvejijno, those are great ideas!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Girl you need a bookshelf !
What do you mean by that? sorry, english is not my native language.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:28 PM
@Itsmysimmod, @scurvywench
Thank you both! I'm not a coder, but if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to let me know.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 2:04 AM
Yay again and thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:58 PM
I've been wanting a flower arranging aspiration! Thanx!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 7:51 PM
Thanks for creating an aspiration. There are not many out there, so it is highly appreciated!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 1:41 AM
@Itsmysimmod, @scurvywench
Thank you both! I'm not a coder, but if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to let me know.

I have already made the interactions you wanted (very nice ones and I have made others more, just wait). I am waiting for the new so soon coming patch update to see if I have something to update. By the way, it didn't need Python, so we can use it without the injectors. The only interaction that has to wait it is the gardening plant one, that needs Python, there's no other way with it (we need to avoid conflicts the most possible, I don't want to override plant objects tuning).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 3:51 PM
thank you for this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 1:06 AM
Does this work with 1.48?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loveceres
Does this work with 1.48?

Yes, it does. Sorry for the late
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 6:12 AM
I have already made the interactions you wanted (very nice ones and I have made others more, just wait). I am waiting for the new so soon coming patch update to see if I have something to update. By the way, it didn't need Python, so we can use it without the injectors. The only interaction that has to wait it is the gardening plant one, that needs Python, there's no other way with it (we need to avoid conflicts the most possible, I don't want to override plant objects tuning).

I just got a chance to play your updated aspiration. You've done an amazing job with this, and I was so thrilled to see the new interactions! (Especially your icons for each new social.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 11:42 PM
Hello I did you the translation in French for the mod "The Art of Flower Arranging Aspiration". Here is the link : https://bit.ly/2Go6sh4
Maïa Game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maïa Game
Hello I did you the translation in French for the mod "The Art of Flower Arranging Aspiration". Here is the link : https://bit.ly/2Go6sh4
Maïa Game

Thank you so much again!
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 2:37 PM
Thank you so much again!

Hello, I would like to make the video to present the aspiration, you think integrate the translation FR that I made soon? Thanks to you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maïa Game
Hello, I would like to make the video to present the aspiration, you think integrate the translation FR that I made soon? Thanks to you

Hi! Sorry for the late, it is now uploaded with the translation FR and Thank you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 9:06 PM
Hi! Sorry for the late, it is now uploaded with the translation FR and Thank you!

No problem, thanks to you ;-)
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 6:50 PM
Is there a cheat to remove the trait, and then re-equip it? After the latest patch, my sim cannot access the trait socials anymore. (Any sim who completed the aspiration after the Strangerville patch can use all unlocked socials, however.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 2:53 PM
Is there a cheat to remove the trait, and then re-equip it? After the latest patch, my sim cannot access the trait socials anymore. (Any sim who completed the aspiration after the Strangerville patch can use all unlocked socials, however.)

Yes, you can. Use the cheat console by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C. Input the cheat code testingcheats true. Now write this: traits.equip_trait EnthusiastofFloralArrangements.
Page 1 of 2