Replies: 474 (Who?), Viewed: 157413 times.
Page 7 of 19
Mad Poster
#151 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 6:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
See if you can get the CAS demo. That's the best bit.


If they released CAS on its own with all the items and a little arena where you can walk your sim, I would need nothing else.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#152 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Inb4 thread locked for dissention and treason.


I dunno. I'm not inclined to lock it. Yet. The OP has actually stated their feelings/opinions in a pretty well thought out way. Let's see where it goes from here...
Mad Poster
#153 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:23 PM
-Knock-knock-

"Sir, we have received notice that your writings against the government can be, and will be considered highly inflammatory. Consider yourself under police review."
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
I dunno. I'm not inclined to lock it. Yet. The OP has actually stated their feelings/opinions in a pretty well thought out way. Let's see where it goes from here...


Thank you very much! I appreciate it! In the future, I will also reply to this thread with the utmost respect and open mind as I realize that not everyone will feel how I feel.

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Scholar
#155 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:16 PM
The only way EA will respond to their customers is by the customers "speaking" with their wallets and NOT buying anymore of their products. However, the only thing EA will get out of this is that their cash cows are dead, and it's time to take over yet another studio with a popular game and wreck it; while dispensing with their previous cash cows. There will be no Sims 5, Sims 4 will die a lingering death and that will be it.

The reason EA will not "talk" with their customers is because they know that their "vision" will not be well received and the cow will die faster and deliver less money. Be prepared to shell out cash for whatever they are willing to give you, or find another game and move on. Or, move "back". I've started playing Sims 3 and 2 again and am enjoying both, especially the nostalgia of 2.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Scholar
#156 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:55 PM
Respectfully, I tend to take a more optimistic viewpoint.

After the course correction from a multiplayer online game back to a single player game, there are signs that fan desires were taken under consideration and implemented. The fanbase has sent the message that they like gardening, with the caveat that the 3 genus system (bush, stalk, lollipop tree) of the Sims 3 was not liked. The Sims 3 fanbase sent the message that they like Supernatural's alchemy. TS4 has a robust gardening system in which care was taken to make the plants appear different, one from another and the function to get additional plants not readily available from seed is essentially the alchemy function, only with grafting instead of the alchemy station.

Fanbase likes cooking, but not that the food is not very well depicted and cooking animations (TS3) were poorly done. TS4 has three, four if you count grilling, cooking skills, the animations are much more detailed (no more pouring mixing bowl into a square pan in the oven and coming out with pancakes), and the food itself much more appealing.

Fanbase wanted to follow their sims to work in the rabbithole. Fanbase wanted retail... Get to Work.

So, to me, they are listening. And if I believe that these things were implemented due to player feedback, how can I possibly believe EA is ignoring the feedback about how the game has handled toddlers and children?

LGR commented in his recent video on whether or not he hates the Sims, that EA has no competition. In a way, that's not true. EA is its own competitor. The largest competitor for TS4 likely remains TS2 (with TS3 probably gaining). The fact that they have not been able to shift these players has to be a constant thorn in their side. Lack of family play is the single most given reason I've heard TS2 players express for why they either refused TS3 outright or returned to TS2 after giving TS3 a brief outing. Repeat with TS4.

So, to me, it makes absolutely no sense to believe that EA is not ever going to have toddlers in TS4. My guess is they intend to blow it up... Now whether they can...? It is EA after all and they are notorious for over-promising and under-delivering. And maybe they've come to realize that, hence the silence.
Instructor
#157 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periandre
Respectfully, I tend to take a more optimistic viewpoint.

After the course correction from a multiplayer online game back to a single player game, there are signs that fan desires were taken under consideration and implemented. The fanbase has sent the message that they like gardening, with the caveat that the 3 genus system (bush, stalk, lollipop tree) of the Sims 3 was not liked. The Sims 3 fanbase sent the message that they like Supernatural's alchemy. TS4 has a robust gardening system in which care was taken to make the plants appear different, one from another and the function to get additional plants not readily available from seed is essentially the alchemy function, only with grafting instead of the alchemy station.

Fanbase likes cooking, but not that the food is not very well depicted and cooking animations (TS3) were poorly done. TS4 has three, four if you count grilling, cooking skills, the animations are much more detailed (no more pouring mixing bowl into a square pan in the oven and coming out with pancakes), and the food itself much more appealing.

Fanbase wanted to follow their sims to work in the rabbithole. Fanbase wanted retail... Get to Work.

So, to me, they are listening. And if I believe that these things were implemented due to player feedback, how can I possibly believe EA is ignoring the feedback about how the game has handled toddlers and children?



LGR commented in his recent video on whether or not he hates the Sims, that EA has no competition. In a way, that's not true. EA is its own competitor. The largest competitor for TS4 likely remains TS2 (with TS3 probably gaining). The fact that they have not been able to shift these players has to be a constant thorn in their side. Lack of family play is the single most given reason I've heard TS2 players express for why they either refused TS3 outright or returned to TS2 after giving TS3 a brief outing. Repeat with TS4.

So, to me, it makes absolutely no sense to believe that EA is not ever going to have toddlers in TS4. My guess is they intend to blow it up... Now whether they can...? It is EA after all and they are notorious for over-promising and under-delivering. And maybe they've come to realize that, hence the silence.


is this thread outdated? surveys have been released talking about a generations expansion talking about pre teens and toddlers, I would not call that silence
Mad Poster
#158 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 11:48 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:45 AM.
Surveys have been talking about the possibility of a generations expansion. They basically just dangled a bunch of ideas in front of some people and asked if they liked them, but there's no word at all whether those expansions will ever happen.

ETA: I see someone's hit 'disagree' and I'm curious; am I wrong? Is a generations EP actually confirmed?
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
Surveys have been talking about the possibility of a generations expansion. They basically just dangled a bunch of ideas in front of some people and asked if they liked them, but there's no word at all whether those expansions will ever happen.

ETA: I see someone's hit 'disagree' and I'm curious; am I wrong? Is a generations EP actually confirmed?


No, it has not been confirmed to be an expansion pack.

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Mad Poster
#160 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periandre
Respectfully, I tend to take a more optimistic viewpoint.

After the course correction from a multiplayer online game back to a single player game, there are signs that fan desires were taken under consideration and implemented. The fanbase has sent the message that they like gardening, with the caveat that the 3 genus system (bush, stalk, lollipop tree) of the Sims 3 was not liked. The Sims 3 fanbase sent the message that they like Supernatural's alchemy. TS4 has a robust gardening system in which care was taken to make the plants appear different, one from another and the function to get additional plants not readily available from seed is essentially the alchemy function, only with grafting instead of the alchemy station.

Fanbase likes cooking, but not that the food is not very well depicted and cooking animations (TS3) were poorly done. TS4 has three, four if you count grilling, cooking skills, the animations are much more detailed (no more pouring mixing bowl into a square pan in the oven and coming out with pancakes), and the food itself much more appealing.


I'm not quite sure that grafting plants of different species onto each other is like alchemy (or that it works in real life).

Unmodded, plants in the Sims 4 still use the Sims 3 method of identical meshes (four different meshes this time, for base plants excluding mushrooms) with the harvestables dangling off the sides. Not quite truly different plants, but they're trying, right?



But as for food, dang! You got me there. I'll have some of the purple with the orange please.





(Pst...They still do the pouring thing https://youtu.be/gcztu_LBVpo?t=1m41s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periandre
Fanbase wanted to follow their sims to work in the rabbithole. Fanbase wanted retail... Get to Work.

So, to me, they are listening. And if I believe that these things were implemented due to player feedback, how can I possibly believe EA is ignoring the feedback about how the game has handled toddlers and children?


The problem is not always whether or not these features are going to return- but what form they're going to take. Open careers are entirely checklist-driven rather than performance-driven, and retail is still simplistic for a complex system. I would rather that they didn't try to cram retail into Get to Work, but give it its own expansion (i.e. Open for Business). The devil is always in the details!
Scholar
#161 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:02 AM
@ jje1000

Respectfully...

I am not going to quibble with you point by point. Because in the end, you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I still stand by everything I've said; none of which was stated to convert anyone from their own position. An optimistic viewpoint allows me to be okay with the money I've spent so far on this version of the game. But rest assured, should I lose that optimism, I will not continue to support EA financially, and, more importantly I will not waste my time expressing opinions about a game I don't support -- because in the end, money can be replaced, time can not.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periandre
Respectfully, I tend to take a more optimistic viewpoint.

After the course correction from a multiplayer online game back to a single player game, there are signs that fan desires were taken under consideration and implemented. The fanbase has sent the message that they like gardening, with the caveat that the 3 genus system (bush, stalk, lollipop tree) of the Sims 3 was not liked. The Sims 3 fanbase sent the message that they like Supernatural's alchemy. TS4 has a robust gardening system in which care was taken to make the plants appear different, one from another and the function to get additional plants not readily available from seed is essentially the alchemy function, only with grafting instead of the alchemy station.

Fanbase likes cooking, but not that the food is not very well depicted and cooking animations (TS3) were poorly done. TS4 has three, four if you count grilling, cooking skills, the animations are much more detailed (no more pouring mixing bowl into a square pan in the oven and coming out with pancakes), and the food itself much more appealing.

Fanbase wanted to follow their sims to work in the rabbithole. Fanbase wanted retail... Get to Work.

So, to me, they are listening. And if I believe that these things were implemented due to player feedback, how can I possibly believe EA is ignoring the feedback about how the game has handled toddlers and children?

LGR commented in his recent video on whether or not he hates the Sims, that EA has no competition. In a way, that's not true. EA is its own competitor. The largest competitor for TS4 likely remains TS2 (with TS3 probably gaining). The fact that they have not been able to shift these players has to be a constant thorn in their side. Lack of family play is the single most given reason I've heard TS2 players express for why they either refused TS3 outright or returned to TS2 after giving TS3 a brief outing. Repeat with TS4.

So, to me, it makes absolutely no sense to believe that EA is not ever going to have toddlers in TS4. My guess is they intend to blow it up... Now whether they can...? It is EA after all and they are notorious for over-promising and under-delivering. And maybe they've come to realize that, hence the silence.


Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to read & respond to my post! I know it was quite the lengthy read, but I really wanted to talk to the community. I rarely post on the forums (here or the official forums), but I am always reading what's being said. I never used to post during the Sims 3 days, because a lot of the posters had this air about them. If you didn't agree, or something of the like you would be shunned and shooed away. There are still some of those folks around, but it seems like there are a lot more differences of opinions these days and I think that helps shape a community overall. The more we talk about the things we like, don't like, want, or don't want... the better our community and our 'favorite' game can be.

Now it's not that I am not optimistic, because I am... but I am optimistic to a degree. They have greatly improved the Sims 4 since the launch and I am so appreciative for that. When the game launched, I played it for maybe 3 days and then stopped until some time in January. Then I played up until GTW and was fully in love with that pack, and then I stopped playing 2-3 weeks after. Now I am back to playing and I love it. I just really want to see more family-oriented game-play. Now I realize that not everyone is that type of player, but hey... we're here to voice what we like and what not, so why not have hope for that?

I'm going to take each day as it comes. I am hopeful that next year the Sims 4 will be even greater.

Thank you all for reading and participating in this discussion!

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
#163 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:18 AM
Ahem, ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid this thread will get locked down or deleted by moderator in future. For more freedom to rant, join group Receptacle Refugees and enjoy the parties

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Mad Poster
#164 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Periandre
@ jje1000

Respectfully...

I am not going to quibble with you point by point. Because in the end, you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I still stand by everything I've said; none of which was stated to convert anyone from their own position. An optimistic viewpoint allows me to be okay with the money I've spent so far on this version of the game. But rest assured, should I lose that optimism, I will not continue to support EA financially, and, more importantly I will not waste my time expressing opinions about a game I don't support -- because in the end, money can be replaced, time can not.


I like that you're optimistic, but I would still like to differentiate between optimism and unrequited support.

The first will get you far, but the second will get you used.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
Surveys have been talking about the possibility of a generations expansion. They basically just dangled a bunch of ideas in front of some people and asked if they liked them, but there's no word at all whether those expansions will ever happen.

ETA: I see someone's hit 'disagree' and I'm curious; am I wrong? Is a generations EP actually confirmed?


I learnt long ago that you can get a dislike because someone doesn't like your tone of voi... words, that they believe what you deny will actually come about in one way or the other. I've stated facts in defense of someone and gotten the exact same disagree clicks because they simply don't want you to state facts in regards to someone else's defence, or facts against their views.

We don't have a dislike button, which would be different to a disagree button in as far as say, you state a fact that someone doesn't like by can't dispute as being a fact. The only option to them not liking what you said is to disagree with you like a petulant teenager when mum or dad says something they didn't like but was still fact (I won't be mean and say they are like politicians on the opposition team disputing the in power party's facts just because they don't like them and refuse to listen - that would be downright nasty thing to say!).

On the political subject, perhaps a 'La lal lal lal la' button would work?

Ok, I'm being cheeky, but you get my point.

-- The Roc
Scholar
#166 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
I like that you're optimistic, but I would still like to differentiate between optimism and unrequited support. The first will get you far, but the second will get you used.


Thanks for your concern! But with just one expansion pack released thus far, I'm good. Cheers!
Instructor
#167 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:51 AM
Honestly? Not at all. Don't even think about it. If you're someone who's looking for a true improvement and broader horizon over Sims 2 and Sims 3 (like me), then don't get this piece of garbage. It's "Okay" in some regards, but a lot of things are just plain broken. And the game thus far just literally screams "I've been milked dry by corporate assholes". So... No. I'd say save your money. At least wait for some kind of grand sale. I made the mistake of buying most of it this far, and whenever I think about how much money I wasted, I nearly cry.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Instructor
#168 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 8:04 AM
It's funny that you mention Simcity. One of EA's biggest failures. My god what a pile of crap that game is. It reminds me of how Colossal Order pulled off Cities: Skylines so well, doing everything that Simcity and Cities XL did wrong, right. The way things are going now, I honestly see a similar thing happening with The Sims. The Sims 4 is a failure, it's just a fact. It's going to die very slowly, painfully, with no respect or dignity at all from the greedy hands of the publishers. I see it being very possible that some team of indie developers will take it upon themselves to make some kind of spin-off to The Sims. They already gave EA the finger by basically making a clone of Simcity 2013 that's WAY more fun and intuitive. I don't see why Colossal Order, or a different developer couldn't be able to make a spin-off to The Sims, and then do it better than EA.

If such a thing were to happen, it's Bye Bye Sims 4, and Hello whatever comes in its abandoned grave. I don't think EA is aware of the "threat" of being overtaken. They already don't receive sales on Simcity anymore thanks to Cities: Skylines. Hell, Skylines sold over 200,000 copies in the first few weeks all thanks to the failure of EA. EA is feeding a dying cow, hoping to squeeze out just that little bit more money. Anyone who doesn't see this *cough* Facebook community of The Sims 4 *cough* is naive and stupid. How can you NOT see that The Sims 4 is doomed already? I still have a tiny bit of hope, but man... EA is just saying "Fuck you" to all of us, and I can't believe people are dumb enough to keep thanking them on their knees and almost sucking their-*AHEM*... Well you know what I mean.

Anyway, like I said; I'd love to see a spin-off to The Sims that's far more intuitive and far better than what we have now, so that we can bury this pile of garbage, despite it being enjoyable in some regards. The pros don't outweigh the cons. They still don't ,and they probably never will. Unfortunately, that is my heavily biased opinion whether you like it or not. The only reason I still play TS4 occasionally and stick around to see what's new is because it has "The Sims" slapped onto it and I have been a fan since the start on every platform. Sorry for the wall of text.

*Hands everyone a cookie*.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Banned
#169 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 9:03 AM
I don't know why, but I read this thread to 'House of the Rising Sun' by The Animals.
If it wasn't for a minority CC needing certain packs I don't like, I would have dropped my 'buy everything!' status of The Sims for the first time ever.
In my opinion, The Sims 4 development was taken up by a chunk of party developent. Thank god we didn't get glowsticks and stuff, because that looks like more effort was pumped into parties.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:05 AM
Klepto, I have enjoyed playing TS4 with all of its quirks, but I would only recommend getting it when it's on sale.
Mad Poster
#171 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:57 PM
Not even CC/lots that I really want but can't have will get me to buy that luxury pack.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#172 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Not even CC/lots that I really want but can't have will get me to buy that luxury pack.


Just change Diamonds to Glitter.


->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#173 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyScholastic
Ahem, ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid this thread will get locked down or deleted by moderator in future. For more freedom to rant, join group Receptacle Refugees and enjoy the parties


Nah, you're all fine. So far.
Theorist
#174 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcyRoars
It's funny that you mention Simcity. One of EA's biggest failures. My god what a pile of crap that game is. It reminds me of how Colossal Order pulled off Cities: Skylines so well, doing everything that Simcity and Cities XL did wrong, right. The way things are going now, I honestly see a similar thing happening with The Sims. The Sims 4 is a failure, it's just a fact. It's going to die very slowly, painfully, with no respect or dignity at all from the greedy hands of the publishers. I see it being very possible that some team of indie developers will take it upon themselves to make some kind of spin-off to The Sims. They already gave EA the finger by basically making a clone of Simcity 2013 that's WAY more fun and intuitive. I don't see why Colossal Order, or a different developer couldn't be able to make a spin-off to The Sims, and then do it better than EA.

If such a thing were to happen, it's Bye Bye Sims 4, and Hello whatever comes in its abandoned grave. I don't think EA is aware of the "threat" of being overtaken. They already don't receive sales on Simcity anymore thanks to Cities: Skylines. Hell, Skylines sold over 200,000 copies in the first few weeks all thanks to the failure of EA. EA is feeding a dying cow, hoping to squeeze out just that little bit more money. Anyone who doesn't see this *cough* Facebook community of The Sims 4 *cough* is naive and stupid. How can you NOT see that The Sims 4 is doomed already? I still have a tiny bit of hope, but man... EA is just saying "Fuck you" to all of us, and I can't believe people are dumb enough to keep thanking them on their knees and almost sucking their-*AHEM*... Well you know what I mean.

Anyway, like I said; I'd love to see a spin-off to The Sims that's far more intuitive and far better than what we have now, so that we can bury this pile of garbage, despite it being enjoyable in some regards. The pros don't outweigh the cons. They still don't ,and they probably never will. Unfortunately, that is my heavily biased opinion whether you like it or not. The only reason I still play TS4 occasionally and stick around to see what's new is because it has "The Sims" slapped onto it and I have been a fan since the start on every platform. Sorry for the wall of text.

*Hands everyone a cookie*.


I pretty much came to this conclusion a long time ago. Just look at EA's SimCity game. It's now a mobile app called SimCity BuildIt! Running TS4 as a "live service" is something they do with mobile games, too, and I suspect that was in the plan back when the game was Olympus. In fact, I think TS4 is nothing more than an offline, single player Olympus game with some various age stages shoehorned in (except for kids, that's the only stage they actually worked on - too bad that so far they haven't add anything else for that age to do). They sure haven't shown any willingness to invest in the game and give it the financial resources it needs to become a better game.

I really don't think EA is interested in creating simulation games for the PC any more. They want to cash in on mobile games, because they're far cheaper to make and yet they have the potential to make big profits. I agree that if the life sim has a future at all, it's going to be with some other developer.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangie0906
I pretty much came to this conclusion a long time ago. Just look at EA's SimCity game. It's now a mobile app called SimCity BuildIt! Running TS4 as a "live service" is something they do with mobile games, too, and I suspect that was in the plan back when the game was Olympus. In fact, I think TS4 is nothing more than an offline, single player Olympus game with some various age stages shoehorned in (except for kids, that's the only stage they actually worked on - too bad that so far they haven't add anything else for that age to do). They sure haven't shown any willingness to invest in the game and give it the financial resources it needs to become a better game.

I really don't think EA is interested in creating simulation games for the PC any more. They want to cash in on mobile games, because they're far cheaper to make and yet they have the potential to make big profits. I agree that if the life sim has a future at all, it's going to be with some other developer.


Very interesting contribution to this thread!

I was having this discussion with a friend of mine shortly after making this post, and she too stated that EA is no longer as interested in simulation games as they once were. Gaming in general has changed. Graphics are more in-tense, and a lot of gamers want to be fully immersed in games now-a-days. Now that's kind of an oxymoron for us Sims players, because a lot of us are just as immersed in our Sims as this new generation of gamers is.

I think one of the biggest 'problems' with the Sims is that the community has already reached its limit. Sure EA has reached a new generation of players with the Sims 4, but has the growth been significant enough for them to continue putting the same resources into it as previous generations? I guess we will see as time goes on.

When Grant Rodiek stated that if the Sims 4 doesn't do well there won't be a Sims 5, a lot of us freaked out and naturally/rightfully so. What is 'well' in the eyes of EA? Has it been doing well enough so far? When Rachel Franklin posted the article about the removal of toddlers/pools back in Summer 2014, she stated that there wasn't enough time to focus/complete toddlers prior to the release of the game. Well you'd think that if the game was performing well in terms of sales, that they would be out by now... or is it just not that simple?

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Page 7 of 19
Back to top