Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Postal System for the Sims - Greetings Cards

by MogHughson Posted 11th Jan 2010 at 11:39 PM - Updated 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:27 PM by MogHughson : Changed from "In testing" to "Finished" - all the initial bugettes seem to have been ironed out now.

277 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 236 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 12
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 11:58 PM
Brilliant idea, and I will definitely use it for my old-fashioned hoods. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 12:45 AM
I realized I was holding my breath when I saw this mod listed. I thought "don't get excited, it's going to be for Sims3." I'm so psyched that I can use it. Thank you so much--I think it will really transform my game.
Unsocialized Homeschooler
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 12:53 AM
Yes! It's ready.
Great job, Mog!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:01 AM
I've been waiting for a mod like this since TS2 came out 6 years ago. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
#6 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:05 AM
This is really awesome. Thank you.

A quick question, does recieving a card boost the relationship, kind of like a phone call would?

Thanks again!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:18 AM
I've been wondering when this will be up. Finally! You did a wondeful job, enhancing the game like this. I look forward to making recolours.
Banned
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:48 AM
You truly, never cease to amaze me Mog! Awesome work. I truly appreciate all your hard work and talent. You are simply the best game modder. Period. I mean in both games, sims 2 or sims 3, you are the best! .
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:52 AM
Brilliant! Thanks you SO much for making my game even better (which, I didn't even know it *could* be!) !!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:23 AM
OMG, this is wonderful! How clever and creative! I adore this. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:26 AM
What a really wonderful addition to the game. I will be watching for updates!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 3:35 AM
This is terrific!

Do you know about Chris Hatch's hospital mod on BackAlleySims? He's made a card system for that which is similar, but different to this one. And linked to the hospital system, of course, rather than being universal.

Thanks for another excellent mod.
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 4:14 AM
Does sending a card affect the relationship between the giver and receiver? I read all the text and couldn't find whether this affects the relationship in any way.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 4:18 AM
Wow..I've never seen such a clever idea! This is a great mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 5:28 AM
Looks really really awesome! Can't wait to use these in my game!!!! Thanks!
Banned
#16 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 6:52 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't find where you recommended some greeting cards. Maybe I'm missing something. Are the only greeting cards available right now for this, your Christmas ones? Because I'd really like to use this not just for Christmas, but don't know what to download. Thanks so much for reading Mog.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 8:09 AM
Can't wait to try this Sims 2 addition. It seems to be a great job (again!).
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 9:19 AM
You say that to use this mod you have to download the Christmas greeting cards as well. That's for the Christmas cards but what about all the other types of cards. Do we have to download something to let them work as well?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 10:11 AM
Yes, the sender and the recipient both receive a small boost to their Short Term Relationship, and a social boost as well. Essentially identical to sending an e-mail. I have updated the text to note this.

Currently the only cards that are available are Christmas Cards, since it's only been up for one day - the only person who had time to make cards was me since I knew about it in advance . I have plans to make lots more but was only going to make one set of cards until I knew it was accepted. Keep an eye out for more to come soon. Any requests for the next ones to make, let me know. Also, of course you could have a go at making your own. The template is there and there are very few steps to follow to make your own cards.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 10:36 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 12th Jan 2010 at 12:50 PM.
I have an ideas for a valentine card. I like the picture of Elvis with teddy bears when he sang that song in the film Loving You. Maybe that's something to inspire you
This upload is really great. i will check the site soon for more. Thank you so much for all the things you already made. They're really great!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 11:13 AM
You always come up with the most wonderful ideas. Thank you for this lovely creation :D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 12:01 PM
The sims 2 is such a awesome game and wonderful people like you just keep making it even more awesome, I would like to thank you for all the time and hard work you put into this, your awesome too. Many thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:04 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 12th Jan 2010 at 1:17 PM.
It was really really hard to do, but I made a ValentinesCard with Elvis :D
I hope it will work in my game.
Can you give me some advance in how to install?

Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Please can you simplify your tutorial to make cards yourself. I was stuck at step 2 than step 3 and now step 4. I really don't have a lot experience with this SimPE but I think the tutorial is a bit to hard too.
What were you stuck on? Do you think screen-grabs would help? I can make pictures to go with each step. I expect perhaps a link to the getGUID process might also be useful; Anything else that would help? I really want lots of people to be able to make cards :-)

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:19 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 12th Jan 2010 at 1:42 PM.
I was just changing my post :p
Maybe it was because I never worked with SimPE before and English is not my mothertongue. The combination of the two made it hard for me.
Step 2: I couldn't press Fix Integritty but apparently I had to open the file first
Step 3: I couldn't change the name but apparently I was looking at the wrong place in the program where to change it. (I didn't know where I had to look to change it)
In step 4 I had to "put in the number representing the card type from the table above". The number for me was 10 or A in hex. I typed A but it didn't work. I chenged Hexdecimal into decimal and I typed 10. Then the tutorial says "Commit your changes to the OBJD." Well I didn't find the Commit button because I didn't know where to look for it. But eventually I found it.

I found a way. But it was most of the time that you say click on this go to there, but I didn't know where to find it. It was a bit searching and trying I had to do.
I made it :D
I hope it will work in my game. Shall I sent you the package I made to try it too?

Page 1 of 12