Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 12:30 AM Last edited by ChrissiBee : 27th Feb 2010 at 9:58 PM.
"Current version... does not match." But I have the latest patch...?
I'm updated to 1.10.6.004001 game-wise and trying to open Create a World for the first time. It keeps giving me this error message:

"The current version of The Sims 3 does not match the current version of The Sims 3 Create a World Tool -- Beta: Please patch the game to continue."

Now, I've searched for this message and gotten a lot of results that just say to patch the game. Problem is, as far as I can tell, my game is fully updated! Checking for updates via the launcher yields no results.

Help meee! D:

(Also, first post! Whoo!

... and now MTS isn't even loading. I BROKE MTS. AND I DIDN'T EVEN HIT SUBMIT YET. WHYYYY?)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:55 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 9:58 PM
... That is, of course, what I mean. *headdesk* Pardon my idiocy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 7:58 PM
I'm wondering if maybe I have the wrong version of CAW or something. Also, my topic title makes a couplet...
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 11:09 PM
There's only one version of C-A-W, as far as I know. Until just now I didn't have WA and have loaded worlds into both my game and C-A-W that have been made and in the works in games with WA installed. The second thing I did after installing WA (first thing was to install the patch) was open C-A-W and check to make sure my world opens, which it did without incident.

Are you absolutely certain you aren't missing a patch in there somewhere?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 2:13 AM
I downloaded CAW after I installed WA. I don't see how I could be missing a patch. Could custom content be interfering? I don't have Awesome Mod, but I do have the NRaas Supercomputer.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 5:41 AM
This happened to me when I first downloaded CAW, and there was a new patch at the same time. This was when CAW first came out. I ended up uninstalling all three, Sims,WA,& CAW, at least twice maybe three times before it all worked. This was back in mid December so I'm not sure if I did anything else. If you do this don't forget to back up all your CC,worlds, library and anything else you don't want to lose.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:03 AM
I'd say remove all of your mods ( I take it that's what you mean when you say cc). It's always a test I try. Take all your cc and mods out then try it and see if it works.

Though it's weird that it's only the journalism career so that would lead me to believe there could be an issue with that lot, even though you did it again. Try removing all above and if that doesn't work, delete the business centre lot in CAW and try again. Check the road right next to it and make sure you're lot isn't overlaping slightly. If it is then put off snap to grid and slide it over a bit.

Am I right in thinking you opened this in edit in town without any problems, but it won't play right? If so it more than likely isn't the lot.
Theorist
#9 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChrissiBee
I downloaded CAW after I installed WA. I don't see how I could be missing a patch. Could custom content be interfering? I don't have Awesome Mod, but I do have the NRaas Supercomputer.

It depends on how you have patched your game. If you patch it consistently through the launcher, you shouldn't be missing any. If, on the other hand, you download patches and install manually, it's possible to have missed one.

I have both awesomemod and the super computer in my game, and C-A-W runs fine whether I remove them or not. I prefer moving out my CC beforehand because it seems like C-A-W responds a bit better if I do, but I also forget to do that about half the time and don't have problems with it.

I would love to find out, once and for all, why this is happening to people.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 6:55 PM
hello
I've just had this problem and I thought my game was fully patched, as I had just installed the last patch.
When you open the launcher, there's a page that's called 'game updates'. Here I found a patch update specifically for the CAW tool, it seems that the game doesn't remind you of this patch automatically.
Anyway, I updated it to that and it works now

I didn't realise we would have to patch CAW seperately haha
Hope you find this works! xx

Please read!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
I'd say remove all of your mods

ChrissiBee,
You don't need to remove your mods or CC. I re-downloaded CAW yesterday and had problems with it not being compatible with my current version of Sims 3 and to patch the tool. I opened up the Launcher to look for the patch but I didn't see one so I posted a question to EA tech support for Sims 3. Later I was installing a new lot with the Launcher and the patch for CAW was there.

There is an issue with the patched CAW. It won't load any downloaded world files. I tested world files from several web sites. I also posted a question to tech support about this problem.

My advice to anyone is if CAW is working for you with out the patch DON'T patch it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Scholar
#12 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 9:45 PM
You're not supposed to load any downloaded world files in CAW, they should be installed to the game via the launcher. CAW doesn't open downloaded world files to protect the creators work, I mean if anyone could download a world and open it and change a few things and upload it, then why would we sit for 4 months making them.

I have the two latest patches and both my game and CAW are working fine. Though the OP isn't talking about the CAW patch anyway as can be seen from the date of her post, the CAW update is recent.

It is always advisable to remove mods and cc before patching as told on this site and all others, sadly I did forget to remove mine before these two patches and no harm was done.