Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:44 PM Last edited by Freelance Wolf : 7th Sep 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Yay I got it today! Made a sibling family. The brother is the witch and the sister is the werewolf. Naturally they have a cat.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:49 PM
I've decided to keep my idea of a witch family (with a grumpy great-grandmother who refused to go away when she died) in favor of a werewolf and witch couple in order to test out the game. Currently I'm exploring those two supernaturals and seeing what they can and can't do. It'll be interesting as the father (werewolf) wants to raise a pack...sorry, raise five children to teen.
Forum Resident
#178 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:14 PM
i have been playing it a few days, and must say, it has been entertaining me ALOT.
so much to discover. so many suprises.
havent had this much fun with the previos EP's. so well done EA...i love it!
Alchemist
#179 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:18 PM
cant...talk....busy...loving...witchessssss~

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#180 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:20 PM
Got it and installing as we speak
Test Subject
#181 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ayumichi
Well, surprise! Another meteor fell down to the school today and killed the entire household, AGAIN. What is wrong with the game??? I can't even play without my teens getting struck by meteor at school! This is driving me nuts...

Strange!
I've never seen a meteor and I have all the expansions and stuffpacks but SN. I play the sims3 since starting and I've never seen a meteor. I wonder
What makes it appear?
Test Subject
#182 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 11:13 PM
mds?
got supernatural and its awsome.. only thing is i cant get my .package mods to work
i got them in the right folder ( Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages )

dont know why its not working, tried everything i know how to do

is it just the patch?

other than that i have no complaints, everything else works perfect!!

~People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That's my burden, I guess~
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 11:23 PM
I got it today, not because I wanted it, but because my sister wanted it and we both use the same laptop and game for it. So I bought it, fairly reluctantly... and I actually love it!!
Test Subject
#184 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 11:45 PM
Do you know if it's going to be released on Steam? I've heard mixed stuff...
Mad Poster
#185 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:22 AM
So is anyone else having trouble putting the Fortune Teller Caravan on a lot? I've even used the moveobjects cheat and still wont work
Field Researcher
#186 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:42 AM
Emino is AWESOME! Thanks so much for all the pictures! I won't be getting a copy of Supernatural until I get paid again so it's nice to be able to live vicariously through the rest of you
Eminence Grise
#187 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McKrotar
got supernatural and its awsome.. only thing is i cant get my .package mods to work
i got them in the right folder ( Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages )

dont know why its not working, tried everything i know how to do

is it just the patch?

other than that i have no complaints, everything else works perfect!!

You need a correctly set up .cfg file... and, of course, if they're gameplay mods, they have to be updated for the EP. Check out the FAQ here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

And, if that doesn't help, post in the Game Help forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551
One Minute Ninja'd
#188 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 3:29 AM
Spent yesterday installing. Took the update as a chance to clean house. I cleaned out my sim3packs, and reinstalled only what I think I really want. At 13 GB, most of the stuff doesn't even show up in the launcher to uninstall individually, so I just nuked my DCCache and DCBackup, and reinstalled what items I was pretty sure were keepers (I have the culled stuff in an archive folder, in case I ever want to add something back). This is why I saved all my S3Ps in an archive after installing them. I also cleaned up my merged cc package files (also saved the individual packages in an archive). I got myself down to only 7 GB S3P and 1.5 GB package files. Yes, that's sick, but it is half of what it was before. Finally, got all my mods updated (well, most, still a few I'm waiting on, but nothing to stop me from playing). Toured the town, and called it a day.

Today, I got in a 12 hour session, with a few breaks for food and email (also looking for those last few mods to be updated). Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to this EP as much as others. The supernatural thing really didn't grab me, but I was looking forward to stuff like the zombies for storytelling. Turns out, I think this EP is a blast.

I haven't played all the SNs yet, but my human alchemist husband and witch wife have met all the other SNs. While the town itself doesn't thrill me, the gameplay is terrific. After playing TS3 this long, most of the play is by rote. I could predict outcomes, know what socials and in what order would lead to what, and was having a hard time finding new angles to play with. For me, this EP brings a lot of new, quirky, and some funny new twists to the game. Granted, the zombies are a big disappointment (although I'm sure someone will mod their behavior to get them to be, well, zombies), the werewolves not all that striking in appearance (yes, I wanted real wolves), but the fairies are fun, and the witch stuff is great, even though I'm not usually a fan of that kind of magical stuff.

I think EA finally injected enough creativity into an EP to reinvigorate the game. The new characters and stuff added will work well in other worlds, adding to the re-playability of the EP, unlike say LN, which was a pain to try and reproduce in other worlds, designing multiple bars and clubs for every new world (LN bars just didn't transplant well into other worlds, you really had to build them from scratch). Generations, which brought lots of new interactions, was probably meant to be an enhancement to gameplay in all worlds, but, IMO, most of the interactions weren't all that appealing. If anything, they made teens more annoying than they were pre-Generations. Pets did bring cats and dogs into all worlds (along with the minor pets, which I never warmed up to), but the horses, which were a big part of that EP, never translated well anywhere other than AP. So far, I'd say this EP is a winner. If Seasons comes close to delivering on its promise, as SN so far seems to, I think EA will have made some serious gains in building TS3 into a sustainable, successful franchise, with quite a bit of life still left in it.

Watch, they'll read stuff like this and decide that good development of TS3 content might hurt future TS4 sales, and they'll scrap whatever more good stuff they planned so as not to make TS3 THAT attractive to keep playing......................
Alchemist
#189 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 4:24 AM
Testing out werewolves now. Mother and son.

Doesn't anyone else find Moonlight Falls really laggy? It's almost unplayable for me, which is weird, because my main neighbourhood is fine...
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anaidavid
Strange!
I've never seen a meteor and I have all the expansions and stuffpacks but SN. I play the sims3 since starting and I've never seen a meteor. I wonder
What makes it appear?

Well, I've only seen two meteor falls before I got SN, and that was between months. I'm starting to suspect a Witch's skill, or maybe I'm just really "lucky"...

So far no more meteors came falling down after those three.

But I'm getting uncomfortable with all the random First Kisses happening around town because of a witch's skill. I turned Story Progression off, but that doesn't prevent the witches from casting the "Love" spell. I wish someone would make a mod to turn off random spellcasting for the inactive witches :/

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Top Secret Researcher
#191 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 1:31 PM
I have just come back from getting it. I have the limited edition copy and the game guide!!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
#192 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ayumichi
Well, I've only seen two meteor falls before I got SN, and that was between months. I'm starting to suspect a Witch's skill, or maybe I'm just really "lucky"...

I've never had a meteor in my game but one finally fell on my sim (and a few zombies) on the first night there was a full moon in my game.

My game is unmodded. The sim it hit was a witch but not a practising one so had no skills.
Scholar
#193 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 5:01 PM
I got it and am already living out my life as a fire witch. Pfft, who needs real life when you can burn a whole city to the ground with a couple of spells? Oh, and then there's this: I guess I would count that as a downside. But then there's this: I just love the mediums. The look of the rabbithole, and the music that plays inside.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Alchemist
#194 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 8:19 PM
Oh hey! That reminds me! I was going to make a fortune teller called Madame Mushka! Maybe I'll even have Vladic guard her caravan. "You may see Madame Mushka now..."
Page 8 of 8