Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
They add a lot of new features for free... and if you get the EP, you're gonna get this patch anyway, so why wait?

I realize that. However it seems the few time I've done a stand alone patch it's caused issues, a couple requiring a re install. Not so it seems when patching via a new expansion pack installation
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 7:30 PM
What about the coding changes that Twallan mods may need to update. EA still have some fixing to do with problems that installing Seasons will not correct. I forgot some of them, they are reported on the forums. I haven't been playing too much, building and playing with the lot marker.

I am with you, MinghamSmith on trying to get an alien baby in my game, that may take up much of my initial game play after looking at the scenery. I want to see the gradual changes in the seasons too. This EP will be just about phenomenal if what they implemented works out well.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
well 1.42 is what seasons will bring your game up to. the seasons patch is out, and any mods you download that were made for the seasons patch will be compatible with seasons.

Oops! You are right, so I don't even have to worry. Thank You!
Test Subject
#54 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 8:22 AM
I have some families in Hidden Springs at the moment which will be so beautiful in winter. I'm trying to get it like alsace france in autumn or the black woods in germany. 😊
I'd love to have falling leaves and trees changing with seasons. Does anyone know if changing seasons is controled by the game/EA or that you can change it yourself?
I'll be patient (yeah right) and wait for twallan to update his mods. Will not play without them. 😊
Really great, I had my Sims in love go skinny dipping on a beautiful spot in hidden springs in the lake.
Although I don't know how to throw pebbles. Does anyone know? nice way to show off for my sim. 😉With pets the best EP yet. Can't wait!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:41 PM
AHHHH SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!! i will probably start a new family because i just tend to do that with a new ep. i will also probably go straight to winter and *hope* i can see snow on the ground! the graphics card in the computer i had when i had TS2 seasons couldn't handle the snow so i had snowless winters

i'm so excited though, IS IT HERE YET?!
Mad Poster
#56 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:42 PM
According to this thread you can't control which season to start with in the worlds, at least not without ticking and unticking the seasonal options before you start playing. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/594230.page (the image had been translated to English and that is why the fonts are different)

Graham made a statement why the seasons are worked out the way it is here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...30.page#9540995

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 10:43 PM
The only EA world I have that I've never really played with is Lunar Lakes. I think job 2 will be to play a pre-made and see how long it takes for all the residents to be of alien descent.
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 11:23 PM
Probably explore all of the new items and whatnot, then look at Bridgeport during the winter. I just have this feeling that Bridgeport is going to be gorgeous when it snows.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:40 PM
I'll make a new savegame in Twinbrook, and set seasons length there to 3 days, in order to see how they work and change without waiting too long. I'll make a new couple and make them explore all new features. I'll also take a closer look into how seasons affected lots work, and then return to the world I'm making now, and build the lots I plan to make seasonal. It's also important to look at all the trees in autums, maybe I'll even replace some trees in my world, though I've already made my mnd conserning the types of trees to use. And then, after I 've finished that world, I'll finally proceed to real playing, this time with larger seasons length.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 2:52 AM
I'll make a new game in good ol' Sunset Valley, make a pretty pretty couple (to check out the new hair & clothes), and throw a Christmas party.
Instructor
#61 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 5:23 AM
Well if I can change the seasons to fall, I will and let it be snowing soon after. I have been priming a family for the xpac, getting all the skills up and getting the "work" out of the way so they can play. I am just so excited about this expansion.
Instructor
#62 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:12 PM
I will probably make a new family and check out all of the new clothes/outwear.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:20 PM
Can't change the season to fall unless you untick summer. Then when spring rolls around remember to tick the box for summer if you want it.

I lied what I would do. Took the easy way and played SV. After I finish getting my fill of gameplay I will be prepping Great Bear for my next world to play.

Forum Resident
#64 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 10:04 PM
SNOWBALL FIGHT!

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Page 3 of 3