Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:36 PM
Default A question about the hover board.
Okay I wanted to know about the travel speed of the hover board, or windcarver. From the Sims 3 Wiki it says: The Advanced Technology skill determines how often Sims will fall from riding the hoverboard and the speed of the hoverboard. As Sims reach level 7 of the skill, they will no longer fall, and there's a chance that they will do a trick upon reaching the destination.

From here it shows the speeds of all vehicle with the exception of the windcarver: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_vehicles

Now at low level 1 and 2 the windcarver moves pretty slow, but I wanted to know how it compares at the higher skill levels, up to level 10. Is it faster than a bike? Faster than a broom? Would like to see some numbers but can't find the info anywhere.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 2:07 PM
I don't know if the hoverboard has specific speed, but you really can't compare the hoverboard with other vehicles, like cars, scooters, motorcycles, or broom. Sure, you transport with the hoverboard, and it can be bought under vehicles section, but in technicality, it's not a kind of "vehicle".

But if you're asking if the speed will increase on higher skill, I can't tell.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I don't know if the hoverboard has specific speed, but you really can't compare the hoverboard with other vehicles, like cars, scooters, motorcycles, or broom. Sure, you transport with the hoverboard, and it can be bought under vehicles section, but in technicality, it's not a kind of "vehicle".

But if you're asking if the speed will increase on higher skill, I can't tell.

ummm....why can't it compare to other vehicles? Why do you not consider it a vehicle?
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 9:52 PM
You can't drive your car up and down the stairs, like you can the windcarver, for one. You can't drive your car on the sidewalk either.