Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 2:57 PM
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:26 PM
I'm so sorry that I missed out on this challenge. It was such a hectic december month and I barely had any time to play sims
Not sure if I'll start it up now since I'm kind of tired of the whole christmas stuff. It was really exhausting.

~ formerly known as trüffelschaf ~
Scholar
#53 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 7:36 PM
*bump*
A bit late, but if anyone hasn't done this yet, now would be the time.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
*bump*
A bit late, but if anyone hasn't done this yet, now would be the time.

Hi Enki! I saw you on TS forums and was going to recommend you gave it another shot, considering last year didn't end well...
Scholar
#55 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 9:55 PM Last edited by Enki : 17th Dec 2016 at 2:30 PM. Reason: avoid double post
I guess I should. But I'll use a teen this time just in case the aliens come around for their aniversary The aliens in my game are still very abduction-happy which is a good thing in general, but baaaaad when it happens to your selfsim.

EDIT:
So, this is my new challenge sim, Corey Blake. Kid seems really exited to do a challenge

Corey is about 15 years old. He lives with his uncle Morris, the governor of Windenburg and Windy Island, in a pseudo-historical 1640s/50s setting. Back in England Sir Oliver Simwell has just declared Snowflake Day illegal. Uncle Morris supported Simwell so far, but he really doesn't like this particular developement. Trouble is, as a government official his hands are more or less tied and this is where Corey comes into play. Can he inspire the good folks of Windenburg and bring back the Snowflake Day festival?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
I guess I should. But I'll use a teen this time just in case the aliens come around for their aniversary The aliens in my game are still very abduction-happy which is a good thing in general, but baaaaad when it happens to your selfsim.

EDIT:
So, this is my new challenge sim, Corey Blake. Kid seems really exited to do a challenge

Corey is about 15 years old. He lives with his uncle Morris, the governor of Windenburg and Windy Island, in a pseudo-historical 1640s/50s setting. Back in England Sir Oliver Simwell has just declared Snowflake Day illegal. Uncle Morris supported Simwell so far, but he really doesn't like this particular developement. Trouble is, as a government official his hands are more or less tied and this is where Corey comes into play. Can he inspire the good folks of Windenburg and bring back the Snowflake Day festival?

Yay! I can't wait to see how this challenge unfolds! So this time we're going historical, are we? Sounds cool. If you have MC Command Center and MC Occult, you can set abduction pregnancies to 0%. One time the game glitched and my male sim got abducted almost every night, so thank goodness I had that mod or the household would've been full of alien babies!
Scholar
#57 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by letitgo1776
Yay! I can't wait to see how this challenge unfolds! So this time we're going historical, are we? Sounds cool. If you have MC Command Center and MC Occult, you can set abduction pregnancies to 0%. One time the game glitched and my male sim got abducted almost every night, so thank goodness I had that mod or the household would've been full of alien babies!

Actually I plan to set the chance to 100% after the challenge. I had it at 85% for a long time and 3 consecutive abductions resulted in no pregnancy. Alien babies do not seem to follow a probability curve, they only happen when you don't want them

So far Corey's doing okay at 13 points. He still has a full day of week one before him to score the remaining two points.
I'm currently running his backstory on my tumblr.
Scholar
#58 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:00 PM
Week 1 replay, achievements
Sims cheered up: 4 (half of them went from sad to bored, so Corey had to mend that, too)
Sims calmed down: 4 (one went straight to :lovestruc )
Comedy Skill points: 5
Households with elders and children assisted: 8
Overall: 21

Story & Pics

Anybody else in the mood to play?
Scholar
#59 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 9:45 PM
So, firstoff, I loath retail gameplay and last year the bakery part was my least favourite task. This year I enjoyed it tremendously. Probably because I didn't run an actual shop, but an improvised christmas faire. Sometimes it's the smallest change in perspective that helps.

Week 2 replay, achievements

Loans taken: 0 = 0 points
Playful paintings: sold 5 = 5 pts.
My sims trophies: sold 5 = 5 pts.
Cupid drinks: 25 = 5 pts.
Bakery: 547 simoleons = 5 points
Freeform tasks:
Pictures painted of disguised kids and teens: 0 = 0 points
(explanation in the story below)

Overall: 20 points

Money gathered: 2480

Story & Pictures
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 2:54 AM
Nice story! I like the touch with "Santo Myshuno"! Can't wait to read the next part!
Scholar
#61 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 6:53 PM
For week 3 I created what-if babies for my performers from the first playthrough. In that original save Aerith is married by now and Julie has a boyfriend, but neither has children yet. So I created some in CAS for use in this challenge. And I made them a couple. Amos immediately decided for singing as his skill, but got lazy in the days to follow. Cate was exactly the opposite, she needed prompting to take up the violin for the first time, but then seemed to like it.

Week 3 replay, achievements

Followers 170 = 5 points
Parties 1 gold 3 silver = 5 points
Performer's skill points Amos singing 5 Cate violin 7 = 10 points

Overall: 20 points

The skillpoints task is rather easy and CL has tweaked the number of followers gained, so 1 pt./50 followers and 1 pt./2 skill points sounds better. That would make my score 13.

Story
Scholar
#62 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 12:52 AM
Week 4 replay, achievements

Cheerful or Good allies: 3 = 6 points
Friends (neither cheerful nor good): 2 = 2 points
Good friends (neither cheerful nor good) 4 = 8 points
Members of the AHG identified: 5 (no points)
Members of the AHG befriended: 5 = 15 points

Overall: 31 points

Story

Pics

Have a blessed Snowflake Day, folks!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 1:43 PM
Wow, what a story! So that's the origin of The Nights of the Hedge!
Page 3 of 3