Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 10:49 AM Last edited by Eggyslav : 26th Oct 2017 at 4:58 PM.
Default Pygmalion Prince(ss) Challenge [slight update]
The Story:

Once upon a time, there lived a King who wanted to arrange marriage for his only child, so he/she would prolong the royal lineage. The Prince(ss), however, was sending away all the suitors/ladies, because unbeknownst to the king, he/she was in love with with the poor servant from the castle. As time went by, the King became weary of his son's/daugther's behavior and demanded him/her to choose a candidate for marriage. As The prince/ss confessed it to his/her lover, the servant said, that it is time to reveal their love, but the Prince(ss) said: "But my Love, my father would never accept a servant like you, he'd rather want me to marry an another noble man/woman...", and then the servant said: "My Love, you are a truly educated savant and a renaissance sim, surely you could show me, how is it to be a prince(ss), teach me the good manners, court culture, how to walk, how to talk and how to look like an aristocrat, and then you can present me to your father, the King, as a prince(ss) from far away land, surely he won't recognize me". As the servant said, thus they did. Will they manage to keep their scheme in secret before the king?

Preparation:

1. You'll need to make a family of two, an Adult or Elder father (the King) and his Young Adult or Teen (if you have teen romance mod) child (the Heir, any gender you like).
2. Next, move them into your favourite neighbourhood, to a huge house or castle, you can use money cheats.
3. The Prince(ss) must then learn and max following skills (You can also use cheats for that):
- Charisma
- Logic
- Dancing
- Piano, or Violin, or if you have the vampires pack the Organ (because guitar is for Plebes)
4. The king must then hire a reccurring maid, or a butler if you have the Vintage Glamour pack. Other than that, and throwing the Royal Ball at the end of a challenge, you can't control the king. Remember to turn on the free will!
5. Using any cheat mod that allows modifying NPCs, give the Maid a Slob and Genius Traits, and further customize him/her to your liking, including changing gender if you want.
6. The heir must secretly romance with the Maid, untill they are fully in love. Don't be witnessed by the King! You also cannot Woohoo yet.
7. after that the challenge begins.

The Challenge:

The Heir has 8 weeks (time can be adjusted), to teach his beloved Maid all the skills he mastered in point 3, at least to level 5. He also must do it in secret before the King. After two Months the King throws a Ball (Party), and there the Heir Must present his candidate for marriage, aka, the Maid/butler.

The Player looses, when:

1. The King caught the Heir Romancing, or teaching the Servant, or
2. The Servant didn't learn all of the skills in time.

Notes:

If the Maid learned all the skills, replace the added Slob Trait with Neat Trait, and optionally change his/her looks to more classy one, before the ball.

The King must have a Snob trait, and a Successfull Lineage aspiration, as for the Heir, give him/her any traits and aspirations you want, but I'd suggest for roleplay sake the romantic trait and Soulmate aspiration.

After the Ball, If you won, the Heir may marry the Servant, and have children. If you lose you can choose one of two outcomes: The King gets mad at the heir, he orders to execute the Servant (kill him/her off), and the Heir must marry a random guest at the ball, or, the heartbroken lovers decide to commit suicide (kill both the Servant and the Heir).

To spice things up a little bit, you may add an Evil counselor Sim, who spies on behalf of the King. If the Heir and Servant gets caught by him/her, the Heir has a chance to Bribe the Counselor, by flirting him/her. If you lose and choose the first outcome, the Heir must marry the counselor, then the counselor kills the Heir, and takes the throne.

You can't send the King or Heir to work, but you can send the King to Granite Falls, or San Myshuno festivals, but only once, and for not longer than three days.

If you win, and the Heir and Servant have a child, you can then play normally, or... Replay the challenge, by making the heir new king or queen, and the child will be a new heir. And then again, and again, to your heart's content.

Since Vintage Glamour stuff pack includes Butlers, It's allowed, and even recommended to give the butler role of the Servant, since he/she stays in the house, and making some of the rooms accessible to Butler only can make for a interesting scenarios.

Another interesting twist on the Challenge: Play as Vampires! Make a Vampire King and Heir, and apart from the aformentioned skills, The Heir must master and teach The Servant Vampire Lore skill, and at the end of the challenge, before the Ball, the Heir must transform the Servant into a Vampire.

Recommended cc:

A carnival mask accessory or facepaint, so the maid can be "disguised" at the ball.
Some period acurate clothing and stuff.
Teen Romance mod, if you want to play as a Teen Heir.
No Culling mod.
Your favourite cheat mod.

As for the theme of the challenge, it can be anything, but historical/medieval/fantasy setting is recommended.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 1:27 PM
I think I'll do this, but in TS3 Dragon Valley, since I am on strike for TS4.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letitgo1776
I think I'll do this, but in TS3 Dragon Valley, since I am on strike for TS4.

If you plan on doing it in Sims 3, and if you got Showtime addon, then instead of Maid, use a Butler, It should be easier, since the butler will live in your house.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
If you plan on doing it in Sims 3, and if you got Showtime addon, then instead of Maid, use a Butler, It should be easier, since the butler will live in your house.

I'll do it once I get out of CAS with ghost aliens- been there for over a week! 😣
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 8:41 PM
I gave up on the aliens, but forgot about this and started playing with my mom instead. She is so amazing at storytelling, I'm hooked! Sorry.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:52 PM
I'm going to start playing this challenge with some little twists. I'm going to have the maid be in the household so she can be live-in and will have a queen and a sister for the prince, just to make it harder.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 1:37 AM
I know this hasn't been replied to but how about the evil counselor being in love (or wanting the throne) for himself and decides to try to marry (heiress) and after heiress has their child kill the heiress off and have the counsler become Reagent until the kid is of age?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celoptra
I know this hasn't been replied to but how about the evil counselor being in love (or wanting the throne) for himself and decides to try to marry (heiress) and after heiress has their child kill the heiress off and have the counsler become Reagent until the kid is of age?

That would be a totally different challenge, but feel free to try it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 4:59 PM
26.10.2017: Updated for Vintage Glamour and Vampires.