Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 3:14 PM
Default *sigh* EiG corrupts worlds
Ever since Pets, everytime I attempt to build a world and construct lots in EiG, it corrupts when I save while EiG. I have no idea why it does it, it just does. :/

I am trying to create a Harmony-style city (with room for pets) but because of the crashes I can't plop down any lots (well, except empty ones, but that's not fun).

I am so sick of this error/corruption, it exits fine, but whenever I load the world I was working on it becomes more or less corrupted (won't load). surprisingly, I made an exact copy of the world and the backup got somehow corrupted as well?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 5:32 PM
This is usually caused by having unpatched expansions, and version mismatches. See this thread for details:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3661479

More troubleshooting for CAW here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 6:08 PM
But the version are up to date, if there's a version mismatch then it's EA's fault, not mine.

I can create worlds,b ut the moment I save in EIG the world becomes corrupt. None of the errors in the two threads are the ones I'm having, I can save perfectly in EIG but if I exit the EIG and open up the world (again) it is already corrupted, so whenever I save EIG it gets somehow corrupted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:31 AM
Woo, Issue has been resolved, you may now purge this thread :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:53 AM
Well done for fixing it, JohnBigOz. Would you care to tell us what you did to fix it, as that way others can learn from your solution.

For that reason, we don't purge threads- we leave them here for information.