Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 12:32 PM
Default Is it possible to make a fairy with no wings?
I want a fairy, but because my game lags so much, I don't want the wings. Is there a way to disable or remove them when you create a fairy?

Thanks!!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 2:12 PM
It should be possible as soon as custom wings is available. People can just make it a file with a single dot as a wing or something.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 7:21 PM
You can hide the wings by using an outdated "no mosaic" mod As several threads around here attest!

I think they're an "effect" rather than a normal mesh, so it's possible that VelocityGrass's "make your own no effects mod" tool could hide them too.

Be interested to see how custom wings work... since it seems they're an effect rather than a regular mesh, I think modding them won't be as straightforward as other CAS parts... I'm thinking pixel shaders and stuff But that is pure speculation.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 10:22 PM
This may sound a little off topic, but I was wondering if it's possible to create a mod that would allow us to "Hide" and "Unhide" the fairy wings by clicking on the fairy sim and selecting the options from the pie menu? When I first started playing SN, I had not updated my 'no mosaic' mod, so the fairy wings did not show up. I liked the fact that I could not tell one type of sim from another until I formed a relationship with them. They all looked "human"...except, of course, for the zombies! They're not hard to miss! I really would like to have the option to have the wings show or not.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
This may sound a little off topic, but I was wondering if it's possible to create a mod that would allow us to "Hide" and "Unhide" the fairy wings by clicking on the fairy sim and selecting the options from the pie menu? When I first started playing SN, I had not updated my 'no mosaic' mod, so the fairy wings did not show up. I liked the fact that I could not tell one type of sim from another until I formed a relationship with them. They all looked "human"...except, of course, for the zombies! They're not hard to miss! I really would like to have the option to have the wings show or not.

Yes I would love to see that too mlfaha55. That, and a way to stop the fairy wings sound effect. After playing a fairy character for a while, the sound effect really starts to drive me nuts. I think if fairies were real that flying wing sound would drive em all insane!
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeeforge
Yes I would love to see that too mlfaha55. That, and a way to stop the fairy wings sound effect. After playing a fairy character for a while, the sound effect really starts to drive me nuts. I think if fairies were real that flying wing sound would drive em all insane!

That, and that annoying "tinkling" sound they always generate around themselves. Drives me nuts.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:47 AM
...That, and a way to stop the fairy wings sound effect. After playing a fairy character for a while, the sound effect really starts to drive me nuts. I think if fairies were real that flying wing sound would drive em all insane!

Really? The fairy wings have sound effects? I haven't heard any effects, even when they're flying!

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
That, and that annoying "tinkling" sound they always generate around themselves. Drives me nuts.

That's odd. My fairy sims don't "tinkle" either...at least not in public!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:15 AM
I got tired of the "missing fairy wing" error that commonly happens when they get out of the Fairy house or Fairy Frolic, so it would be nice to get rid of the wings to see if those stupid errors could be avoided.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
Really? The fairy wings have sound effects? I haven't heard any effects, even when they're flying!

That's odd. My fairy sims don't "tinkle" either...at least not in public!

Lol- mine friggin tinkle all the time. Perhaps I need some incontinence pads :P

Uhmp... serious now. They do make a tinkling/gingling sound. I can def hear it when I am watching a fairy sim. It is really annoying as the sound is on a timed loop- every time the wings flutter closed, they make the sound, so it is like the ticking of an annoying clock. Im thinking I wonder if i can somehow look inside the packages and find the offending noise and simply delete it.. but i don't really know anything about going through packages or mods in general like that.

I can't recall when i had the wing visual effects disabled with the old desensor mod if the sound effects were present... i don't know how you lucked out on no annoying sound effects mflaha55, but consider yourself fortunate :P

Anyone else find the wings sound annoying or is it just me going nuts!
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:38 PM
Ok ppl,

Just noticed this mod in the downloads section- feel so daft

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446536

it will let you disable whatever ingame effects you want

I haven't tried opening the Sims yet- so i don't know if disabling the effect also removes the wings sound effects, but i can only hope, lol

Give it a shot- the tool seems straight foward enough
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 7:17 PM
The fairy house is too loud for me, like most rabbit hole-type objects, but the wings haven't made me come unhinged yet.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 10:50 PM
... i don't know how you lucked out on no annoying sound effects mflaha55, but consider yourself fortunate

zeeforge - Maybe it's not all luck. I am abit hard of hearing!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 3:11 AM
My fairy also makes an obnoxious sound effect, but I only noticed it after I bought the Queen of the Fae lifetime reward. Could that be it, zeeforge?
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 2:45 PM
Yep, it's confirmed. You can easily get rid of the wings, and the corresponding sound effects too from any in game effect that the "Create your own no effects mod tool" allows you to disable-vamps in the sun, fairy queens and those infamous fairy wings.

Got rid of the wings and the wing sound effects no probs. Thank heavens, my fairies are blissfully quiet now. The beauty of the mod tool too is, that you can disable certain times when the fairy effects appear as the effects are situation based- so i can leave em active during the CAS tool ingame, and then whilst actually in-world they won't appear, but the color choice is remembered, so for example, when my fairy sims enter the fairy house, or go for a frolic, they still shift into fairy form and retain that color information.

Personally i think it makes a bit more sense for the fairies to only show their wings in fairy form... and it makes it more interesting when meeting new sims in that you don't know- it sorta spoils the fun of making relationships when you can see the fairies walking right by you at the bookstore, lol.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bedridden_Corpse
I want a fairy, but because my game lags so much, I don't want the wings. Is there a way to disable or remove them when you create a fairy?

Thanks!!

What I want to do is get rid of the fairy and ghost noises.

I'm amazed no one has killed the Ghost noise yet, that constant wooshy wind sound when you're near them is annoying as hell.
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ValentineHeart
What I want to do is get rid of the fairy and ghost noises.

I'm amazed no one has killed the Ghost noise yet, that constant wooshy wind sound when you're near them is annoying as hell.

Did you try the recommended mod?

Yep, it's confirmed. You can easily get rid of the wings, and the corresponding sound effects too from any in game effect that the "Create your own no effects mod tool" allows you to disable-vamps in the sun, fairy queens and those infamous fairy wings....
Mad Poster
#17 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ValentineHeart

The Ghost Noise was turned off a long time ago, three years back, with one of the mods in this place:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...t-the-flock-up/
It's required to join there as a member to get into the site though.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 8:48 PM
@ Zeeforge (or anyone else, really) - Which effects did you disable? I'd like the same type of setup.

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:24 AM
I dont believe so. But looks around for CC wings! I agree, fairies shouldn't ALWAYS be wearing there wings