Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:43 AM
Default Error 12
Hi , i am fighting with error 12 for the first time!! it is really annoying becuz i don't have that plenty of downloads and i cleaned them all , i check every download i install and use S3PE to remove bad attached cc or anything suspicious
i have a new computer, a gaming one INTEL CORE I5-9600K CPU 3.70GHz , 16Go RAM, 1To MEMORY , NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1060
I manually matched my card with the game
i have NRASS MC, Errortrap, Overwatch
Anyway , i don't know how to solve this , i've google it but nothing work for me , please help me !!
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:50 AM
If it's happening while you're saving, your save game might be getting too big, or using too much memory (correct me if I'm wrong), this happened to me before multiple times and all I could do was quit the game without saving, and then I deleted the bad save that the game generated in the saves folder (it should be named [save name].bad) and then I renamed the backup file to the original save and went back into the game and loaded it, but perhaps before you quit the game, try deleting some of your sim's memories or doing something to reduce the amount of memory in your save game.

Here's a video on how you can fix it, I'm not the best at explaining things lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yihx9_vgONM

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 1:05 PM
How big is your save game? I had this nightmare when my save game bloated to over than 1gb. Not sure if you have tried this already: https://www.nraas.net/community/How...-your-save-game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 2:02 PM
Alright i'll try to fix this , yes my sims have lots of memories ! thank you very much i hope it works !!

@ellamystra My save file is 119mo
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 2:08 PM
Something you might try - and I can only say it works for me MOST of the time: go into build or buy mode for a few seconds then back into live mode. Then go out into map view and try saving again.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karmatoxic
Alright i'll try to fix this , yes my sims have lots of memories ! thank you very much i hope it works !!

@ellamystra My save file is 119mo

Memories should be disabled imo. There's a mod where most memories no longer appear like going to the park and only important ones like marriage remain.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 6:56 PM
also, cleaning ingame images (SNAPS) may be helpful (Kuree Save Cleaner), too. As a rule of thumb I usually aim the camera into something simple and flat (a bit of the lawn outside the lot area for example), close up, wait a moment for the engine to unload some content and then save. Honestly I've never experienced dreadfull Error 12, yet. (Now I feel like tempting the PlumBot).

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:46 PM
Thanks for all your comments im sure it will help my game !!
For now i have disable memories and nothing went wrong

I didnt know that @EllaineNualla i'll try this