Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 9:32 AM Last edited by daisylee : 12th Jan 2020 at 9:49 AM.
Default How To Have Sims Use Base Camp in Custom World
I am working on a tiny world that is to be used with Nraas Traveler. It now has a base camp, a lot with a few items to camp out, and there is a dive bar. Idea was to have enough to do at base camp that not much else would be needed.

Tourists all arrive at the camp lot instead of the base camp and then eventually most head to the base camp. All they do is run around. They do not eat, read, have nectar, .....do anything. Then they leave. Paparazzi, two of them, stay on the lot and actually use beds.

I read about tourists not really being real Sims. Is that why they do nothing other than move around? Has anyone found a solution to them doing more and staying longer? I did set register to leave chance at 5% but they leave anyway.

I do not want to have to add residences on another island, but if I do add a few, will those residents ever use the base camp? Or as not tourists, no? Would like this to work better.

Is there a better way to do this? Code base camp as something else? But if no base camp in the world will anyone come? Be there? And then I assume I would need at least one residence for Sim to stay there. Should I make this a resort instead? Would the visiting Sim have the option to stay there?

----
This is kind of funny. Test Sim was a granny. Place caught fire and she had to put out in middle of night in her nightgown while nectar merchant and waiter fellows just stood there in a panic. 2 fireman tried to come per tagger in boats and never made it. Boats were half in a rock!

Also this world is just a few islands and there are no roads. Overwatch said it cleared 7702 vehicles!!!!! Was that clearing water taxis?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 10:24 AM
Probably talking to myself, LOL, but I am so frustrated now. I have a pretty darn cool little world that nobody will use. I changed the base camp to a hangout and added a tiny houseboat and tiny house to test. Sim came using Nraas Traveler and picked houseboat. Same as before the tourists came at 10am and they left this time at 4 pm after boating to the dive bar! So the big retreat has nobody there except the service Sims. At least when a base camp they went there for a tiny bit and looked liked fools running all over the place!

Hate the idea of scrapping this world but it is no fun to not have other Sims doing anything there. I do not want to add a bunch of houses to generate townies. Grrrr. Any ideas would be appreciated. Wonder what would happen if I move the Sim there? May do a save as to test that? Not having fun yet.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 4:30 PM
I'm not sure I understand your problem. I made a hotel(zone: Camp Site) for Stranda meant for the Traveler mod. I saw tourists coming and spawning at the hotel, but I didn't really care if they flooded the town as well. I was more preoccupied with players using it as a vacation destination.

It sort of worked like that. I'm not sure if the Egypt people went out to the town. It could be used as intended. Stranda had a vacation and turist focus, and it worked.

I had some activities from the store on the lot as well I think. Minigolf if I remember right. I'm sure I wrote about it, but I can't be bothered to check it out.

Did you want more locals visiting? In that case what about an activity not available elsewhere, perhaps a rabbithole or something? If you want them out on town, I don't know. What about tagging that guy from nraas starting wihh an I. Igazor or something?

I'm contemplating if I should buy a pizza take-away. Then I'm of to my next house experience. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I did read your post yesterday as well, but I wasn't sure if I could help you in any way.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 4:40 PM
Did you play for several sim days? Iirc resort guests are spawned after a while. Also, tourists don't reside anywhere, they either go home or hibernate in the big homeless pool or vanish on some NVA/hidden lot.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 4:48 PM
When you talk about not really sims, they come in 3 classes. The residential type you can be friends with etc. They have a house etc.

Then you have the homeless types. They don't live anywhere.

Last you have the NPC sims or role sims. They are just made to play roles in the city. I made 209 sims for Stranda. Placing all these townies and NPC's was a pain in the butt-area, but I learned a lot from it.

People don't always see the difference, and rename them and what not, but that's the 3 classes they go by. Read a bit about populating worlds if you like. It says there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 1:53 AM Last edited by daisylee : 15th Jan 2020 at 2:08 AM.
Tourists are spawning almost immediately so that is not an issue. The issue is they all leave, the last time at 4pm. They got there are at 10am so were there for 6 hours. They pretty much did nothing but talk to each other. They will not use anything at the retreat I built or use the dive bar. So main lot is totally empty all evening and night other than the waiter and nectar merchant, and usually about 2 paparazzi. In prior test most tourists boated over to the retreat but just stood or ran around there. This last test they did not leave the little camp lot until they boated to the dive bar island to just disappear.

Maybe I should try as a resort next, but I am wondering if as I use Nraas Traveler to get there anyone who comes will always be a tourist ? Let me get a few photos.

Thank you for the reples, and pizza sounds good!

I did a complete redo of Monte Vista back when, making a copy of it, and made a base camp. Sims used that one. My Sim even set it on fire! LOL But in this totally custom world nothing is working so far. It may need some EA coding my world does not have?

Did Sims stay over and eat and so on in Stranda base camp?

Tourists read at times at table and that is all they do other than stand and talk or run around/ Mass exodus at 4.