Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 1:55 PM
Default Posting 100M+ sized mods
I've been creating a mod about texture upscaling for foods in other website and decided to share here too, but then I noticed that my mod is now 104mb (there's actually 2 versions where the other one is 250M+), so I wanted to understand if I just can't post or how I do it.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:31 PM
According to the guidelines, maximum file size is 50MB, so you'd have to split your archive.
MTS2:Creator Guidelines/Creating Archive Fileswiki
https://www.newsgroupreviews.com/7-...it-archive.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:54 PM Last edited by Cowplant's Cake : 26th Nov 2020 at 4:57 PM. Reason: Grammar
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
According to the guidelines, maximum file size is 50MB, so you'd have to split your archive.
MTS2:Creator Guidelines/Creating Archive Fileswiki
https://www.newsgroupreviews.com/7-...it-archive.html

Oh, thanks! I didn't knew I could post split files like that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 6:56 PM
Just Google it for whichever program you are using to archive, that one was for 7Zip.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 10:20 AM
I would suggest splitting your archive in a more traditional sense - namely, by category.  So you have some foods in one zip and some in another.  Don't forget you can also compress at maximum compression too which should save some.

Uploading split archives (namely part01, part02, etc) that are split on the archiver level won't be supported here for much longer.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I would suggest splitting your archive in a more traditional sense - namely, by category.  So you have some foods in one zip and some in another.  Don't forget you can also compress at maximum compression too which should save some.

Uploading split archives (namely part01, part02, etc) that are split on the archiver level won't be supported here for much longer.

I was thinking on this, like separating by packs since theres the base game + 4 dlcs done, but somehow seems like the game use some textures between packs and even the base game itself and I didn't wanted to separate it and cause some missing textures.

Compressing didn't made any difference for the main file, but theres a separated version(each food is a separated .package) that changed a bit with it since theres like, 600 files...

Well, thanks for it, already posted and hope I did it right
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 11:59 AM
If you have base textures then you could simply have a mandatory "Base Textures" file, and then other objects as "expansions" off that one.  People do repository style things all the time

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.