Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#51 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
(...)

However, the bookstore+spa combo one does actually attract, and quite a lot. I've been using that one for a while now on one of my lots.
With or without Overwatch?
It didn't in my game until Overwatch implemented the fix.
Advertisement
#53 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 11:21 PM
I am also under the impression that in the past Sims did visit the spa, but now I never see any.

The changes in Overwatch to combo rabbitholes are not appearing under the options, they run in the background and have become part of OW since version 122. The visiting part is only a side-effect of icarus_allsorts fixing other combo-rh issues:

Quote:
Fixes for the following combo rabbithole issues. - icarus_allsorts
Rabbithole opportunities that cannot be completed at combo rabbitholes (afterschool ballet recitals, badging ceremonies and club auditions, the "Oh My Ghost!" opportunity, the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium Potion opportunity etc.). Note: Only fixes newly accepted opportunities. If your sim already has one of these opportunities at the time of installation, cancel it and use MC to give the sim the same opportunity if you want to complete it at a combo rabbithole.
Sims in the Professional Sports career losing all games played inside combo rabbitholes.
Sim not autonomously visiting or interacting with combo rabbitholes
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:38 PM
Trying to play a club in a particular city (for the first time may I say), but still nobody shows up apart from important npc such as a bouncer or mixologist. Not much differ from where I tried playing, except this type around only LN community lots and only one residential lots in which playable household is only resided (could it be that's what might prevent townies from spawning at all and thus why they don't show up at clubs?). Yeah I had heard that's a big issue that occurs to most simmers regarding those lots. Will have to try out methods from here again and see If it works without installing mods.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
#55 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly, but you do need people living in your city. Townies without a home won't come to your clubs.
9 LN venues? I'd say that you need at least 45-60 adult residents in order to see some significant change in visitor counts.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I'm not sure whether we aren't confusing two distinct things here: populating a world with Sims as residents and getting those Sims to actually go about town and visit (populate) community lots.

I don't know how Nraas handles populating empty residential lots but for a house to qualify as livable it needs enough beds and above all a fridge, a trashcan and a mailbox. Without a fridge you cannot move Sims in (except under certain conditions in Edit Town and in-game). When I still played with story progression on deleting the fridges was the way to guarantee that a house stayed empty.

And what If it doesn't have enough or any beds for that matter? Or is that just OR thing If fridge is not placed down?

ETA: Actually yeah, either a fridge or a bed must be placed to be able to move in sims through edit town. Though there was option to move in a couple of a lot that had one single bed, so certainly the count of that object shouldn't be a factor.

Mad Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:57 PM
I've moved sims onto empty lots with no more than a section of wall,trash can and mailbox and they can be moved in if I don;t have home inspections enabled on any level like Mover,Master COntroller or story progression.Adding new families means they'll eventually start to go out though mostly just to Garden house or the makret at first and they'll add the pool soon after as it's also their main fishing hole with the pool always being very well-stocked with fish spawners.I see empty deserted community lots when my town is in it's earlier years most of the time as the population isn't very big until after the town has been around for a number of years and others arrive to settle in and make it their new home.
#58 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:59 PM
In Edit Town it is enough to place something on the lot, a floor tile would suffice, for the lot to qualify as move-in-able. Moving via the phone is different, though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:46 PM
Installed over NRASS Story Progression, just so I can filled the town with more sims quicker (had move in 30 sims manually with edit world last time I remember in previous save). I'll try immigrating (spawn) a few more.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 2:12 PM
Having problems attracting Sims to commercial lots in general, particularly with the ea's store cinema venue. I just want preferably 10 or just even 5 Sims to arrive and watch movies. Anyway, here's the world's info:
- There are nine playable households in the town.
- Three lots (excluding no visitors one): two of which are hangouts; other is owned resort by active household.
- Dive lot.
- Pretty much it.
- The only rabbits exist are town hall (in residential penthouse lobby), theater and diner (within cinema) and a bistro in premium associated lot.

Any suggestions? If all else fails, I'll try out and install the mods (if recommended any) to increase the population. But I'll leave that as my last resort, as I like to keep things vanilla as possible.

ETA: yeah sorry for doubling posting (and reviving, albeit it's my thread). I did so in hopes of bringing attention of maybe helping me out again. You guys are great and LOVE the helpful support
-
-

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:32 PM
I know I'll probably ruin your dreams more than they already are, but as another owner of the cinema set, I can tell you that even if you manage to make the sims visit your cinema lot, they won't watch movies. They never did in my games. Maybe the movie interactions are not autonomous? Or maybe it was a glitch on my part? I don't know, but I can tell you for sure that I've locked some sims in a room with just the big screen and they died, but still refused to watch it before doing so.

I am terribly sorry to say it, but the cinema set is a big EA joke that we have wasted our money on. I don't know if TS2 had cinemas, but let's hope that EA will learn from their mistakes for future content and games.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:49 PM
@TheThirdWizard I only see one Sim watch the movies that a time. Rarely or never two. I had remove other interactive-fun items that sims are obsessed with (bars, the computer and refrigerator (I would lock If they didn't contain rabbit holes).

@nitromon I did just that. I might consider learning and doing the object-advertisement tweaks, If these doesn't change to my advantage after sufficient number of Sims resided to diversify their spreading

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:49 PM
@TheThirdWizard I only catch one Sim watch the movies that a time. Rarely or never two. I had remove other interactive-fun items that sims are obsessed with (bars, the computer and refrigerator (I would lock If they didn't contain rabbit holes). Actually, no I didn't remove bars, I just transmogifier-d them into island counters by duplicating the script of their matching ones.

@nitromon I did just that. Still hardly did anything. I might consider learning and doing the object-advertisement tweaks, If this doesn't change to my advantage after sufficient number of Sims resided to diversify their spreading

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yeah it was a pretty big let down, like most EA store items such as the so called Tepk Jap Restaurant set.

However, there are ways to make it more functional. First I think the lot is too big, it is better to create your own small mini lot. If you are going to use the actual lot, put hidden markers on as much parts as possible and only use 1 theatre room.

Second, lot type should be set to hangout, rebel hangout, etc... as I believe sims tend to look for "fun" activities on those lots instead of the general "visitors allowed" which they don't have preferred activity.

3rd, the movie screen is just a huge TV and shares the same fun attractor, which is not very high. So you have to avoid putting in or actually remove if they're available - bars, arcades, etc... anything that promotes fun.

Now with those changes met, put in the theatre rabbithole somewhere on the lot to attract sims. This should get you a relatively functional cinema.

Pretty much the qualities my place down theater is set to be minus containing hidden room markers. I haven't thought of doing that, but even If I did you can't really place them in the hallway as the auditoriums are only accessible through such lobbies within inside. Yeah it's a shame really, as I really love and like the design of the lot. They could also have done other numerious awesome (actual *food bars*, movie-exclusive speakers for any tv, popcorn + snacks take-able to movie rooms etc.), but I guess that's what you can expect from store content rather expansion packs.

I wonder if an arcade assignment would change behavior of Sims to engage more in fun-boosting recreational stuff like tvs. Kinda sucks I don't have UNI.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 1:11 PM
Its design is arguably flawed. It contains like 6 non-professional bars, which makes obssessed be over them and go around blending drinks in all them after each drink. I'll really consider making a modified version in alternative save where it contains just a single auditorium without lobby (like make it outside) and demolish every cafe room per testing.

Mad Poster
#69 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 5:00 AM
Bumping it up:

What are the most attractive lots needed to round out a majority of the activities in TS3? I'm trying to avoid Bridgeport syndrome (too many lot types and not enough sims), so I'm interested in the most efficient lot arrangement in pushing sims out onto lots.

From SneakyWingPhoenix's suggestions:

High Traffic
- 1 Arcade
- 1 Exclusive Lounge
- 1 Disco Club
- 1 Local Watering Hole
- 1 Festival Grounds + space for Showtime performers
- 1 Big Park
- 1-2 Visitor allowed lots + rabbitholes & consignment/coffeehouse registers
- 1 Stylist
- 1 Hangout

Medium Traffic (Filler)
- Small Parks
- Visitor Allowed Lots
- 1 Laundromat
Instructor
#70 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Bumping it up:

What are the most attractive lots needed to round out a majority of the activities in TS3? I'm trying to avoid Bridgeport syndrome (too many lot types and not enough sims), so I'm interested in the most efficient lot arrangement in pushing sims out onto lots.

From SneakyWingPhoenix's suggestions:

High Traffic
- 1 Arcade
- 1 Exclusive Lounge
- 1 Disco Club
- 1 Local Watering Hole
- 1 Festival Grounds + space for Showtime performers
- 1 Big Park
- 1-2 Visitor allowed lots + rabbitholes & consignment/coffeehouse registers
- 1 Stylist
- 1 Hangout

Hmm, some very subjective notes, based strictly on my personal playstyle and experience (your playstyle may be different):
- Having both a Big Park and Festival Grounds might be redundant, one of them will suffice, IMHO.
- Exclusive Lounge only if you have a Film Studio in your neighborhood, with several residents working there, plus if you have celebrities. Now, THAT creates traffic in an Excl. Lounge. The place will be surging with workers of film career.
- I would hesitate to keep 3 different Late Night bars in the same neighborhood. If you want to see nightclubs, cocktail bars, things like that, than set them as Arcade, Nerd Shop or Rebel Hangout, furnished as LN bars or disco clubs, with LN Mixologists - the traffic is higher, and the visitors will still dance and drink at the bar, but will also be attracted to other entertainment objects as well.
- Stylist lot - I don't know. Years before, I liked to have one, recently I think I only set a Salon if I want my active sim work in that career. If my sims are only visitors in a Salon, according to my experiences, they cannot find anything interesting to do there, they are all attracted to the stylist station object, and not much else; they don't show much interest in other entertainment objects. So having a Salon, IMHO, is only economic if you want to play as an active Stylist.
- What I can't see in your list, is a lot for the Athletic activities - be either Gym, Academy, Pool or something like that. I think when one begins a new neighborhood, and sims don't have much physical skills, it doesn't seem to be important to have, but later, when one already has their own sports career, lifeguard or martial artist sims, a community lot like this becomes significant, and will attract more sims than at the beginning. I suppose.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 7:11 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 12th Oct 2019 at 10:30 PM.
Ah I forgot about the gym.

An updated list, would this work for a 70-lot world? Probably around 45 residential lots (maybe around 100 sims?)

High Traffic (Need at 4-6 sims)
Parks
- 1 Festival Grounds + space for Showtime performers (Waterfront park)
- 1 Big Park (Central park)
Bars and Clubs
- 1 Arcade- (Comic store + snookers club)
- 1 Hangout (Basketball Court)
- 1 Exclusive Lounge (Private Club)
- 1 Rebel Hangout (Local bar)

Medium Traffic (0-4 Sims)
- 1 Gym
- 5 Visitor Allowed lots with varying numbers of rabbitholes & consignment/coffeehouse registers (Will have all job rabbitholes)
- 1 Art Gallery (Do sims even use art galleries?)
- 1 Library

Story-telling (Only populated if your sims is active there?)
- 1 Stylist/Tattoo Shop
- 1 Small Park (School)
- 1 Laundromat
- 1 Basecamp (for NRAAS Traveller)
- 1 Resort
- 1 Scrapyard No Visitors Allowed
- Varying numbers of decorative no-visitor allowed lots
Instructor
#72 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 8:55 PM
Another suggestion for the high-traffic ones - the Java Hut in all my saves is always packed, at any given time of the day and night. Sometimes combined with a bakery, but with or without it it seems to have a really high draw. Arcades do well too but idk if that's just the lot zoning or the fact that mine are always a combo lot with a billion different things to do... My experience with Salons is that they have a stable draw of about 5-6-7 sims and there are always at least two busking on some instrument. The others tend to either sketch if they happen to carry a sketchbook or go to the drawing table. So it's kinda an artistic space in a way I guess. (Yet when I put easels in the Gallery not a damn sim uses them... go figure.)
Instructor
#73 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Medium Traffic (0-4 Sims)
- 1 Gym
- 5 Visitor Allowed lots with varying numbers of rabbitholes & consignment/coffeehouse registers (Will have all job rabbitholes)
- 1 Art Gallery (Do sims even use art galleries?)

A note about Art Gallery:
- in my current 'hood, I frequently visit the Art Gallery because of the food bar (I furnished a cute eatery on the second floor), so not because of the paintings. Any time I go there to eat, visitor sims don't do anything special apart from View-ing the different objects. There are skill objects, music, eating options on the lot - they hardly show any interest. Not even in socializing. So, I would say, strictly from lot-economic point of view, the Art Gallery is unnecessary. BUT. If a player loves to hold wedding ceremonies on community lots (which I have not much experience about), I can imagine the Art Gallery being furnished basically as a wedding venue. It woulld give some useful meaning to the lot, and can lead to different, out-of-the-box interiors (a post-modern, abstract, non-figurative wedding venue could look awesome).

About the Library:
- I don't think that a Library is a must for all neighborhoods (it depends on the theme of the town, see for example the trashy, grungy 'hoods), but you mentioned you want to place rabbitholes, like the bookstore? In my current 'hood I put the bookstore rabbithole rug onto a lot set to Library. Sims are attracted to the rabbithole first, then stay for reading they newly bought skill books (and they enjoy the library moodlet). For me it works as a doubly useful lot. I mean, the lot is not furnished as a traditional huge library - no, it's furnished as a small retail book shop with a UL coffee bar, it is just zoned to Library for the moodlet and the social behavior.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
A In my current 'hood I put the bookstore rabbithole rug onto a lot set to Library.

Library + School is another good combo, provided you want a town full of students with great grades. The game will still push the kids to go home when school lets out but for the family you are playing, you can cancel that and have them stick around long enough to do their homework before they head home.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 9:59 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Oct 2019 at 10:19 PM.
Love certain ideas. Wonder how much I can incorporate with the base game and generations (which doesn't give anything in terms of lot assignment / rabbit holes). I think ideas for lot amenities mix and matching would be a good thread to open, that have people more with concepts for venues and stuff.

Not sure if true, but I heard that townie made paintings are sent and placed automatically in art galleries. If it's not true, than I see using that lot to place masterpieces from Sims, as well crafted stone/glass scultures in there (by some modifying memes).

Supermarkets (or any kind of malls) could theory be made with this practical combination: market assignment + bookstore & grocery store rabbit holes + book/food/general store cash registers + savvy sellers collection + deliciously indulgent bakery review.

Page 3 of 4