Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 2:16 PM Last edited by FrancesWeyr : 7th Oct 2023 at 2:17 PM. Reason: type ahead is not anyone's friend
Default WCIF whimsical chimneys
I've been making fantasy cottages. I almost always use MOO to delete those unfortunate brick portions of the fireplace because they just don't match the vibe. I have the EA recolorable replacement chimney and have seen other replacements. I have also seen some very nice realistic looking chimney tops They will do in a pinch, but what I would really like is some whimsical chimney tops. Not necessarily the entire chimney, but some cute little chimneys or even stove pipes to poke through a thatched roof.

I can't believe that I'm the only one that wished for a funky little chimney pot that looked like a fairy godmother owned the house, but maybe no one with modding skills has ever felt so inspired.

Some whimsical or elvish looking fireplaces might be nice too. I saw a nice one I liked, but since I don't read Chinese it didn't feel particularly prudent to just start clicking on stuff to see what happened
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 2:58 PM Last edited by ChérieDawn67 : 7th Oct 2023 at 4:01 PM.
Check out murfeels sites,great cc always find what your looking for! And do you have any pics of what you have in mind?

Chérie66
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChérieDawn67
Do you have any pics of what you have in mind?

Round or skinny, or with a funny cap, or a bit tumbly down looking, or maybe just dainty
Screenshots
Attached Images

Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2023 at 12:47 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2023 at 1:41 PM
So use the little turrets as ersatz chimneys? That’s an interesting idea.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2023 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FrancesWeyr
So use the little turrets as ersatz chimneys? That’s an interesting idea.

No, they're very cute, but too large to use on little cottages.
Instructor
#7 Old 9th Oct 2023 at 6:13 PM
Do you have a link to where you found this pic? I f this was bigger I could make it.
Attached Images

Chérie66
Inventor
#8 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 7:50 AM
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 9:46 AM Last edited by simsmidgen : 10th Oct 2023 at 1:48 PM.
You’re probably better off making them yourself using MOO cheat and Nraas DebugEnabler to lift to the required heights.

Various objects would suit, like the Showtime chess pieces inside a short fence, for example.

Crowkeeper is a master at these sort of chimneys, you could look at her lots for some inspo maybe.
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 10:13 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChérieDawn67
https://www.mediafire.com/download/...umpfdachset.rar

This looks intriguing. The title translates to “Smurf roof set” so I wonder if it’s the roofs with the little stovepipe chimneys attached? I’ll have to check in the game