Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2526 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 2:17 PM
Made a painter Sim and decided to make her a little 'odd' in terms of fashion. Lots of colors and her home is full of furniture of different colors, too.
Built her a Micro Home and played a bit, but since that seems to make the game TOO easy (Painting Lvl 6 within a few hours, tons of Good Friends just by a mere greeting, and one job promotion per day), so I am reloading the save as I was mid-build and just make her a regular home or a 'largest Tiny Home' I can.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2527 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:20 AM
Experimenting with making a pond for the Windenberg Summer Home. Now I've got to move my chosen family in to try it out. I needed a "how to" manual.
Mad Poster
#2528 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 4:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Aug 2021 at 4:50 PM.
Haven't played in over a year. Went to open Origin with the intent to update the game (which I haven't done in ages), and... ended up playing a bit instead. Even built a house (eeeh result - I hate building...) and made a family, for old times' sake.

Thing is, my game and my CC still works in this version, and I have an older version of S4Studio that also works fine with it, in case I decide to tinker with some stuff. So do I update and potentially have to end up fixing everything that's broken (I know some that might be) or do I keep my game the way it is? Decisions...

My laptop still thinks it's a jet engine whenever I fire up TS4, for some mysterious reason. I don't know what is going on, but it sure doesn't like the game (but no issues with TS2, and not as bad with TS3 which I haven't used for even longer, so...).
Lab Assistant
#2529 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 4:56 PM
I moved one of my Families into Henford. They had the usual visitors and, for some reason, they all stood crushed together talking in the Porch. There was no reason for this as one of the children, who had been playing outside, came in and went through into the house, going through several bodies on the way, and then one of the visitors did the same. Eventually the remaining visitors left without ever going into the house. The final one stayed for ages, washing dishes, using the Vacuum and feeding the Chickens before leaving with a Rooster in her arms. Sims in my towns all seem to be weird or maybe just criminal.
Instructor
#2530 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 8265jww
I moved one of my Families into Henford. They had the usual visitors and, for some reason, they all stood crushed together talking in the Porch. There was no reason for this as one of the children, who had been playing outside, came in and went through into the house, going through several bodies on the way, and then one of the visitors did the same. Eventually the remaining visitors left without ever going into the house. The final one stayed for ages, washing dishes, using the Vacuum and feeding the Chickens before leaving with a Rooster in her arms. Sims in my towns all seem to be weird or maybe just criminal.

I just lock the gates or door. Anyone coming into my real life flat and doing the washing up and vacuuming would be welcome to go home with a chicken but not my Rooster though!
Field Researcher
#2531 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 12:48 PM
I'm trying to make a sim based on photos, which I find a bit hard.
Forum Resident
#2532 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
I'm trying to make a sim based on photos, which I find a bit hard.

I just remembered that I enjoyed creating Britney Spears in s4
Field Researcher
#2533 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 9:28 PM
Yeah, she has a cute doll face so I think that would work well! My sims just seem to look all the same no matter what I do. I'm not very good though, half of the time I don't know what I'm doing, I'll just nip and tuck and hope for the best.
Forum Resident
#2534 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 7:54 PM
Rubbish boring events as casual. My simself's cousins , aunt and uncle came to visit my simself's parents and her. They are all watched the New year tv show , then I don't know why but my simself and her cousin was deported to the other part of the family's house, and she stayed with her cousins alone, speaking speaking speaking.
I am tired I want an interesting gameplay ....

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#2535 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 8:33 PM
I finally bought Real of Magic and I'm really glad that I held off for so long. The progression from Island Spirits (IL) to Komorebi spirits (SE) to Spectres) (Para) and Dust bunnies (BtD) to finally fully awakened magic feels very natural.
Field Researcher
#2536 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 8:55 PM
I like that, it sounds thought through, and dust bunnies being magical made me laugh, my sims just stomp them in anger.

I'm playing my new farmer sims in Henford, running errands and growing a garden. My sim have an intended, because being in charge of cultivating the land they have some personal responsibilites as well later on, but I never know what to do with the extra sim, so he just tags along and gets prowled upon by my more charisma endowed sims, constantly in a flirty mood. Hope he doesn't switch orientation before my sim is done prodding the earth. I thought I'd let them be unattached from out of CAS, and have that ceremony in game, so right now her Gilgamesh is more into Enkidu than her. It makes me laugh though.
Scholar
#2537 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 1:58 PM
Spoiler alert!

I had a sim working like a maniac to max out his Handiness skill. And when he was done, after doing repairs and upgrades to almost everything in the house, I did send him to the mine by the Oasis Springs park. I did not know what to expect really but I thought it would be anything better then a text based "mini game" where every "false" answer brought him back to the entrance. Thanks EA...Not! I don't know if it was one of this "upgrades" that added a new music channel to the TV-set but it was there all of the sudden. With "videos" from Sims 3 showtime.
Forum Resident
#2538 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 8:55 AM
I just had a re-watch of GoT and I've now decided to play four sims families rotational, each three sims days. Wolf (Henford) , Lion (San Myshuno) , Stag (StrangerVille) and Dragon (The celebrity pack neighborhood, I always forget its name.. And, yeah, I know, the names are not very creative lol)
As they each start with zero funds, let's see who becomes the biggest house!
The first rotation was pretty uneventful, typical Rags-To-Riches stuff. The Stag family was the only one able to find a spouse and impregnate them right away due to the fast relationship build when one Sim trains another.
Field Researcher
#2539 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 2:07 PM
Did anybody ever figure out how to keep the sims from gathering around the DJ booth?
Screenshots

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#2540 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 11:51 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Sep 2021 at 12:14 AM.
Doing a fairly laid-back version of rags to riches with the few EPs I have (there's really not a lot of stuff to do with C&D and GTW).

I really don't want to deal with painting or selling stuff in a shop, so I set myself a few other halfway gamerules, in that my sim can't sell collected stuff until she has two or more of the items, she can only sell foraged and gardened "normal" items if she has the next level(s) up for gardened ones. She also has to make food with ingredients she's grown/fished/foraged. And a few other things. My sim has a little house now (just a square with all the basics) but she seems happy for the most parts (she talks to plants and random strangers... Gonna work on getting her a family as soon as she gets a bit more money).

Also took me until today to figure out that taking selfies with other sims boost friendship with something like 25-50%, thanks to a random TS4 video. Wish I knew that sooner, because that would've made the kids' socials MUCH easier (that thing takes freakin' forever and is so boring/repetitive!) And figured out what that weird element stand thing is for and how to use it (never bothered trying it out before, I guess).
Scholar
#2541 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 5:50 PM
There's not much to tell about my gameplay so I leave it. But I finally took the time to go in and edit the Harvest fest. The reason? Gnomes! And tons of them! If you could take a walk around my worlds (a thing I don't think you would do because reasons known) you would see gnomes everywhere, hidden away on the lots. It would not be a problem if they dissapeared when the fest day was over but they always comes in three packs and I do't know what to do whit them. Or if it's safe to move/sell/delete them. They are coded to do things after all...

And I added my own fest in the spring. Surely quite late in spring but still. I would not call it Easter but it does involve searching for eggs. And the flower bunny. I have heard of this NPC but have never seen him/her. Maybe I shold had added deco after all...

If this two projects works well I will do the same things in my 2:nd install (the desktop).
Mad Poster
#2542 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 11:16 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Sep 2021 at 3:40 PM.
My current sim started in the science career. One of her previous workdays, she hadn't quite filled up her performance meter (due to some very unwilling coworkers - She kept rolling annoying tasks) so I had her work late since she was due for a promotion. All of a sudden she couldn't interact with her coworkers, and then a "fire on the lot" message appeared. I looked everywhere for that stupid fire, couldn't find it anywhere. They all ran screaming out, of course.

Turns out one of her coworkers had decided to make some microwave snacks. That didn't go well. I tried having my sim go put out the fire, but that tiny corner was too small and she couldn't reach the fire (not with the regular extinguisher or her freeze ray), so I had her call the fire department instead (they took their bloody time). Eventually the coworker burned to a crisp. Grim shows up, stares at the body for maybe half a sim hour, in a "really?" kind of way, in the middle of the fire. Then the fire brigade shows up (a little late...) and finally put out the fire.

After this, I installed the fire-put-outer-thingy (dunno what it's called), because I don't want this situation all over again...

No promotion that day, but the next day went very well, with a promotion on top.

(There's a reason I usually have my playable TS4 sims make salad as their first meal. Without any cooking skills, THIS happens the second they touch any cooking appliances that can potentially cause extra crisp sims )
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2543 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 10:08 PM
I've forced myself to get back into the sims 4 by playing a premade household through a "campaign mode". I chose the Pancakes and to get through the Strangerville quest. A pack I've bought on release but never played.

Eliza, Bob, and Iggy moved to Strangerville. Mainly because Eliza believed starting small in politics is the way to go, and with grassroots backing the governor position she coveted wouldn't be too hard to get.
Bob tapped into his nerdy teen skills and got a job as a code monkey for a small company downtown. However, it didn't take long until he started hearing rumors about strange things happening in the small town. After a late night at the office, Bob found himself staring at the bottom of his glass at the local watering hole. Eliza didn't want him around that much as of late, something about being an embarrassment during her endless fundraising events. During one of these nights, he overheard a man speak about a secret project, some experiment being run out in the desert. That people were getting hurt and that Major Roswell was in over his head.

The next few years flew by for the Pancakes. Eliza's N.A.P group had become something to be reckoned with and she was now starting to become a threat to her once faithful backer, the Major himself.
She enjoyed her success and the power that came with it, she didn't struggle juggling a career and being a mother, she almost felt like a single mother since Bob was never around. If he wasn't meeting up with his pals every night or rambling on and on about being careful and that things aren't what they seemed, maybe Iggy wouldn't feel so awkward around the person that is supposed to be his father.

Iggy takes to his mother, even though her strict rules make him feel like he is suffocating at times, at least she is there. If his dad is ever home, then he is locked in his basement refusing to let anyone in. Iggy wonders if his father was always like this. His mother, on the other hand, drives him to his scout meet-ups, his extra credits classes, and all of the other extra things he does. No one really asks him what he wants to do, all he wants to do is look at the stars.

Bob fell down the rabbit hole, it led him all the way to the secret lab and to the roots of the Mother herself. Even though Bob grew to like Mother he knew she needed to be put down. With the aid of his best friends that he had made hunting down this thing, they slew the Mother. As the dust settled and things returned to normal the lingering sadness that had always haunted Bob dissipated. It was as if he could finally go through life without that horrible voice in his head always second-guessing him. However, the voice remained.... it had just changed.

Upon returning home after slaying the monster his family seemed different. Yes, he hadn't been around much or the past months. But he was saving them from Mother! Bob felt they should be grateful to him, instead, they didn't believe him, they distanced themselves from him and Eliza was even hostile, she wanted a divorce and for Bob to move out.

Bob lived in their basement while he tried to save up enough money to move out. Even though Eliza tried to keep it secret, Bob knew she had begun an affair with Victor Feng while the divorce was being settled. Victor Fen had been a generous contributor at all of Eliza's fundraisers.

That's pretty much what's going on. Currently trying to make money for Bob, while Eliza goes on dates with Victor while Bob is at work. (he works nights).
Bob also lost his Gloomy trait after defeating the Mother but gained the Insane trait instead. He also saved a piece of her as well as all of his evidence and research.
Eliza is crushing it through her Political career, while she is also being a pretty good mom. She doesn't show much affection to Iggy but she helps him with his homework and encourages him to do well at school.

Bob is going to move out to the trailer park in Strangerville, where he will become the town nut.
Iggy is destined to join the science career, merging his father's love for the unknown and his mother's work ethic.
Eliza will see what happens with Victor Feng as she works for wealth, fame, and power.
Field Researcher
#2544 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 6:59 PM
I've been making sims to populate my lots; today professors both respectable and rowdy, and making myself laugh at it while doing so.
Instructor
#2545 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 12:56 AM
I realize it's probably not the best idea to let the kids experiment with the spirit realm, but little Nova here seriously has a knack for it.
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#2546 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaRee16
So all the other sims games have this thread. So what's going on in your game?

Mine I am playing Ollie Purdue, Cassidy Purdue, and Babs L'Amour and right now I am having Babs date a douche that I created and Ollie is there to support her whenever he hurts her but eventually I plan for them to be together.

I have several different families going right now. One is of me if I moved out and had a kid. The second one is a teen spellcaster fairy that got thrown out for growing wings and showing signs of magic use. The next one is a Rags-To-Riches girl, and the last one is a fan character family of Astro and Cora if both were girls. :3
Scholar
#2547 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 10:22 PM
I don't use to write in this thread but as it's related to the background story I can do so.

Recently I have been reading some articles and seen a few videos about how the Landgraabs and Mr Johnny Zest are connected to each other so I thought I would take on the challenge to reunite them. So I did send Nancy and Geoffrey (who are both elders in this install) over and as predicted, Johnny did get a very uncomfortable mood let from meeting them. Good thing for him he have to leave for work. But the families still had some time trying to get to learn each other. So I will follow this track and I will try this in my other install as well.
Field Researcher
#2548 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 7:51 AM
I like those intricate ideas of connecting the premades, it's such a interesting part of the sims' worlds and fandom. I'm playing the three premade families in Komorebi: Ito, Nishidake, Akiyama, that I've all moved to the Wakaba neighbourhood, and am already on my way to break up two of the marriages to continue on the hinted love affair between Megumi and Kado. I will make Jenna fulfill herself and move home before that though, but Naoki being mean he gets what he gets!
Test Subject
#2549 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 11:56 PM
Fun to read all these. I'm trying to finish a legacy challenge! I've started a bunch, but I do want to finish one eventually!
Field Researcher
#2550 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 12:30 PM
I'm testing this mod now, and am killing sims left and right, and can't stop laughing at it! (sorry.. - or am I..?)
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=663201
Page 102 of 104