Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neema
They should deffinnattly have another desert highway town! Strangetown or not!

I agree. A desert highway town with scifi elements and mysticism.
Advertisement
#27 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 9:42 PM
Or maybe wild-west?
#28 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:21 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Strangetown, as I'm into a little more realism, such as Pleasantview with some fantasy elements sprinkled throughout. However, Strangetown should still get an update, to please all the hardcore Strangetown simmers out there. I hope we can get updates on all of the neighborhoods in TS3.
#29 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:41 PM
Eh, we can do without veronaville. *gets out a torch* Good thing wood buildings burn easily ^~^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 11:46 PM
Or maybe wild-west?

hmmm. Wild west isn't really my style. A wild west town would be a good idea but not as a replacement for Strangetown. I really want a town with a scifi/paranormal theme.

Eh, we can do without veronaville. *gets out a torch* Good thing wood buildings burn easily ^~^

Who are the "we" you are talking about? There are certainly hardcore Veronaville simmers out there too and the game should fill everyones interests.
#31 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 12:53 AM
JK JK ^~^ Veronaville is my least favorite but hey it can stay.
#32 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:24 AM
Sure, Veronaville can stay... But Neema you can help me burn it down in my game. :devil: I would delete Veronaville, just like I do now.

I don't think I've played Strangetown enough to really decide on a storyline. I know I'd have Ophelia and Johnny married with a couple interesting kids and having inherited Olive's house. The Beaker's would be old and hopefully Nervous has escaped. The Curious brothers would be old and have a couple alien children among them. They're kids would be teens. Jill Smith would be a young adult living with her mom (an elder) and Poli (Polinition Tech) would be passed on.
#33 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 5:33 AM
I never do pay attention to the story sims. I usually just make my own custom one. I don't like playing other peoples characters and storylines. Hence why when I GM d20 modern through the internet (I never do it table-top), I usually just say "..Okay... your character just hides in combat and stuff" because I don't like playing them. Or like, normal RPing and someone wants me to play a chara from some anime that I may know about but I still wouldn't do it.

....Sorry for the ramble! But anyway.I just want a desert town. They should look at Tucson and Phoenix for inspiration ^~^. I don't mind being the tour-guide of Phoenix to them for a free copy of sims 3...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Feenkitty
Sure, Veronaville can stay... But Neema you can help me burn it down in my game. :devil: I would delete Veronaville, just like I do now.

I don't think I've played Strangetown enough to really decide on a storyline. I know I'd have Ophelia and Johnny married with a couple interesting kids and having inherited Olive's house. The Beaker's would be old and hopefully Nervous has escaped. The Curious brothers would be old and have a couple alien children among them. They're kids would be teens. Jill Smith would be a young adult living with her mom (an elder) and Poli (Polinition Tech) would be passed on.

It sounds cool but in my game the Smiths (Johnny and Ophelia) live in the big Smith house together with Poli, Jenny and Jill. There is something about the house of Olive that screams "NOT JOHNNY AND OPHELIA!". :nod:
The house does make me a bit sad..... I will probably move someone in there in the future (maybe Jill?) but I really want to give the house a makeover unless I'm gonna move in a gothic or dark minded sim. And.... It's too small for Johnny and Ophelia if they want to have more than one child.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:22 PM
I don't really like Strangetown, but I hardly never play with it.
But it would be nice to have a new Strangetown.
I think it was very nice that Cora Goth (something like that in english, I play the dutch version) for example live there, and alienpeople. I made it a little bit more an exciting story for me.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:59 PM
I would like to see the generation change in the 3 Sims 2 neighbourhoods. Apparently Pleasantview will be renamed to Pleasant Valley!?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missaaliyah
I would like to see the generation change in the 3 Sims 2 neighbourhoods. Apparently Pleasantview will be renamed to Pleasant Valley!?

I don't think Pleasant Valley is Pleasantview, just a neighboring city. If it is true that they will only have one city neighborhood in TS3 I don't think they will have the Pleasantviewers living there but someone new.
But if Pleasant Valley really is a future Pleasantview then they will have to make for example a Strange City and a Veronatown.
Instructor
#38 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 9:56 PM
Honestly I'd like a Strangetown either included or for download somewhere, b/c whenever I got tired of the realism of Pleasantview I always really enjoyed playing a crazy fantasy world in Strangetown.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Honestly I'd like a Strangetown either included or for download somewhere, b/c whenever I got tired of the realism of Pleasantview I always really enjoyed playing a crazy fantasy world in Strangetown.

Yes. Not only is Pleasantview realistic but I feel that the Strangetown sims are more complexe, more unique and that they have more depth. And I also think that the Pleasantview storyline is less complex and less exciting than Strangetowns storyline. In Pleasantview it is mainly about keeping everybody happy: have Cassandra take the right choices and dump Don, improve Lilith's relationship with her sister and parents and make the Brokes better off.
In Strangetown I feel it's much more about solving problems: having Nervous Subject escape the Beakers, did Olive really murder all those people? and there is much more focus on why people are friends or enemies. I feel it is much more complexe and the Strangetown neighborhood has a history behind it that I wish I could have seen..........
Inventor
#40 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:10 PM
Maybe not Strangetown exactly, but I would like another desert town. I'd actually prefer if it was a bit bigger then Strangetown, kinda like the layout of Pleasantview or Desiderata.
I hope they do like they did with Sims 2 and move the same storyline along. Like, have decentants of all the Sims 2 families. I think it would be interesting to see what maxis does with the storyline.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:28 PM
Strangetown taught me a lot about my current playing style and aesthetic preferences in Sims, so I hold it close, very close to my heart . I would love to see it in TS3 in the same manner they did Pleasantview from TS1 to TS2 - advancing the timeline, adding a few new characters. For what we've seen in the TS3 official website, it seems that won't be the case. I just hope that, even without Will Wright and Maxis (and probably some of the former crew), they keep the same sense of humor TS1 and TS2 shared that made the game so alive and funny by itself. That obviously includes the SciFi stuff and the green fellow lurking somewhere in the game box - and in the game itself. Either way, I'll be making my aliens and my Strangetown, even if I have to re-create the whole family trees and play all the events, give them all the default memories until reaching a new generation! That IS a prooomise! [insert villainous laugh here]
Seriously, I understand why someone would prefer a more realistic game, but what I really love in MY game is the *slightly* cartoonish characters with *slighly* unnatural facial features that represent their personality, weird stories, secrets and loads of colorful creatures.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaoticNeutral
Strangetown taught me a lot about my current playing style and aesthetic preferences in Sims, so I hold it close, very close to my heart . I would love to see it in TS3 in the same manner they did Pleasantview from TS1 to TS2 - advancing the timeline, adding a few new characters. For what we've seen in the TS3 official website, it seems that won't be the case. I just hope that, even without Will Wright and Maxis (and probably some of the former crew), they keep the same sense of humor TS1 and TS2 shared that made the game so alive and funny by itself. That obviously includes the SciFi stuff and the green fellow lurking somewhere in the game box - and in the game itself. Either way, I'll be making my aliens and my Strangetown, even if I have to re-create the whole family trees and play all the events, give them all the default memories until reaching a new generation! That IS a prooomise! [insert villainous laugh here]
Seriously, I understand why someone would prefer a more realistic game, but what I really love in MY game is the *slightly* cartoonish characters with *slighly* unnatural facial features that represent their personality, weird stories, secrets and loads of colorful creatures.

I would also recreate Strangetown. And I'm actually doing that now. I'm making a "custom Strangetown" but for the family trees I am dropping one generation. Maybe I will make the Zo and Notzo Curious, Gwrtheyn and Grainne McGork and Lerato and Peponi Muenda later and add them to the family three via insim.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 7:05 PM
I'd like it in The Sims 3 it better be named the same too (grrrr) I'd hate to see Strangetown with a different name.
It'd be like EAxis to say on the little window all the Strangetown characters in Veronaville (ugh lol). My luck all the towns would be mergded together in a saying like this:

"Here in PleaVeronaTown Since the nuclear explosion in Strangetown the town people had to move to Veronaville. Did they get along at Veronaville? Or were they pure enemies?
Will they find a hidden neighboorhood that used be Strangetown?
Will Bella ever be found? Or did she die in the nuclear explosion?
In PleasentView everybody is upset to see Aliens, Vampires and Creatures roaming their neighborhood. The Veronaville's people had a riot and were forced to move along with the Strangetowns people. Will the PleasenView characters play nicely with the odds? Or will something else happen to cause them to move? It's a mystery waiting to be played out you're god make what's best or worst for them.

Sorry if that was kind of boring but that's just to me how it would sound...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danishani2
I'd like it in The Sims 3 it better be named the same too (grrrr) I'd hate to see Strangetown with a different name.
It'd be like EAxis to say on the little window all the Strangetown characters in Veronaville (ugh lol). My luck all the towns would be mergded together in a saying like this:

"Here in PleaVeronaTown Since the nuclear explosion in Strangetown the town people had to move to Veronaville. Did they get along at Veronaville? Or were they pure enemies?
Will they find a hidden neighboorhood that used be Strangetown?
Will Bella ever be found? Or did she die in the nuclear explosion?
In PleasentView everybody is upset to see Aliens, Vampires and Creatures roaming their neighborhood. The Veronaville's people had a riot and were forced to move along with the Strangetowns people. Will the PleasenView characters play nicely with the odds? Or will something else happen to cause them to move? It's a mystery waiting to be played out you're god make what's best or worst for them.

Sorry if that was kind of boring but that's just to me how it would sound...

Your idea of Pleaveronatown was great. I hope it happens in TS3. lol. What happens when Juliette falls in love with Johnny Smith (an alien) instead of Romeo?
Loads of fights!!!!!
#45 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:45 AM
I am not a big fan of strangetown... but It could be cool to see a remake of it.... I rather see a remake of strangetown then veronaville!
Page 2 of 2