Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 > TS3 Functional Sewing table [BETA V2.0.0] - Please redownload!

by Lyralei Posted 21st Jun 2020 at 3:12 PM - Updated 20th Aug 2023 at 1:30 PM by Lyralei : Updated to v.2.0.0 and uploaded a hotfix + New Tunables.

412 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 334 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 17
Space Pony
#51 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 9:40 AM
What a great idea for a mod!

EAxis surely missed the mark when they didn't include the sewing machine from TS2 Free Time for TS3. But thanks to this mod, it's now back in game as it should.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:00 AM
OH MY DOG OH MY DOG OH MY DOG
I've been pining for this since they first released TS3!
I love you
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:05 PM
Heya everyone!

First off, Thank you for the kind words! It's really nice

So there have been reports of the sewing table breaking the inventory system (So your sims can't remove stuff from their inventory or add it). I've tried testing it on my side, but can't seem to recreate it myself. Just wondering if anyone else seems to have this issue!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 11:28 AM
I yearned for this so much - big thanks, you are awesome!:-)))
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 4:50 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 12:01 AM
I am so happy that you made this mod, and am already enjoying it in my game. I did come across one weird issue, not with the machine but with the skill books. They keep disappearing from my sims personal inventories, bookshelves and my chestlike items. I am not yet entirely sure if this happens the sim day after purchase (which in that case this could be some conflict with my nraas mods cleaning the books up) or when I quit and come back to the game. I do have other custom skill books in the game, and do not have the same disappearing act occurring.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#57 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Franklee300
I am so happy that you made this mod, and am already enjoying it in my game. I did come across one weird issue, not with the machine but with the skill books. They keep disappearing from my sims personal inventories, bookshelves and my chestlike items. I am not yet entirely sure if this happens the sim day after purchase (which in that case this could be some conflict with my nraas mods cleaning the books up) or when I quit and come back to the game. I do have other custom skill books in the game, and do not have the same disappearing act occurring.
Ah yeah! For me, they completely disappear from the inventory. It does seem to happen each time you reload a world. The reason why is because the code always adds the books on 'world load finished', which is probably where it goes wrong. Still need to test it without any Nraas mods, but I actually think it's my code :p. 

Thanks for letting me know! I'll look into it! 
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 6:09 PM
I was excited to put this in My game , the look and basic functionality are good... But in addition to the Books Disappearing from personal inventory and bookshelf ,if I save game while a sim is reading a sewing skill book they pop up from reading as if nothing happened when I reload game. I have a sim sit down to start a project then they quit working a bit later on their own accord but whatever I had them make does Not show up Anywhere. When I use the computer to Join Pattern Club, that is also lost when I load the game next time, I have to resign/repay for it (still waiting for "Thursday" lol) . The sims Sewing Skill level stays consistent , the physical Sewing Machine stays in place, but reloading game again resets Every other function of this for My game. ;-/ H E L P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 9:20 PM
THANK YOU!!! Can't tell you how long I was hoping for someone to make a mod like this since AMB came out! Easily the most underrrated mod on MTS3 since release. This mod needs a Trophy MTS <33333
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 9:34 PM
I waited for this for SO long !! Thank you, you're a goddess !!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#61 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DavidNps
I was excited to put this in My game , the look and basic functionality are good... But in addition to the Books Disappearing from personal inventory and bookshelf ,if I save game while a sim is reading a sewing skill book they pop up from reading as if nothing happened when I reload game. I have a sim sit down to start a project then they quit working a bit later on their own accord but whatever I had them make does Not show up Anywhere. When I use the computer to Join Pattern Club, that is also lost when I load the game next time, I have to resign/repay for it (still waiting for "Thursday" lol) . The sims Sewing Skill level stays consistent , the physical Sewing Machine stays in place, but reloading game again resets Every other function of this for My game. ;-/ H E L P
Heya! Thanks for the report!

The books seem to disappear on reload, that's true! I'm currently looking into it, since I honestly don't get why the game would reset the data for it. So that's a big one to tackle and I still struggle with fixing that one.

The Join pattern club, from looking at my own code, that's more or less me screwing up the alarms... woops! that should be easier to fix

Regarding the 'making a sewing project and it not showing up anymore after quitting'. You don't get the option to 'continue'? Interesting, I'll check that out too
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei

The books seem to disappear on reload, that's true! I'm currently looking into it, since I honestly don't get why the game would reset the data for it. So that's a big one to tackle and I still struggle with fixing that one.

The Join pattern club, from looking at my own code, that's more or less me screwing up the alarms... woops! that should be easier to fix

Regarding the 'making a sewing project and it not showing up anymore after quitting'. You don't get the option to 'continue'? Interesting, I'll check that out too

---Thank You MUCH for looking in to this. I am eager for something new to do stuff with in game. My #Simdiction adores such unique items that are not just re-colours of existing items like other posters put out.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:12 AM
Default Any luck on the bug fixes?

Hey There . Any luck on the bug fixes for the Stitching Machine ?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#64 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DavidNps
Hey There . Any luck on the bug fixes for the Stitching Machine ?
I'm working on it, but I also work a full time job, so it's taking a bit longer than I initially thought. I'm currently trying to fix the sewing book disappearing book, but with the amount of time I got to work on it, the research it takes is taking a bit longer. I do have time to look at it today! So I'll see if i can finally release one bug fix for it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 11:53 PM
Grata. Estou empolgada!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 3:40 PM
I uploaded version 1.0.2, this version should now fix the issue where the sewing skill books would disappear. @DavidNps @Franklee300
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 9:04 PM
Default :-)
I uploaded version 1.0.2, this version should now fix the issue where the sewing skill books would disappear. @DavidNps @Franklee300

Thank You M U C H . :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 5:41 PM
I think I'm in love!
Being a sewer myself (albeit usually by hand), I used to love using the sewing machine in TS2 and kept hoping EA/Maxis would add a functioning one to an EP/SP for TS3. Thank you so much for this incredibly detailed - and improved! - version. As soon as I finish fidgeting with my current game (converting Sunset Valley to Sunnydale since I'm on a real Buffy kick right now) I'll be using this for my self-Sim.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 4:27 PM
Saw this recommended in a CC finds at tumblr and just wanted to say: wow. thank you, this is awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 7:40 PM
I really, REALLY love your mod, and I really wish that you make progress in him, thank you so much <3 I really want to do something similar, add a new ability mod, but im really stupid XD so thank you very much for this beautiful mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 9:57 AM
This is amazing! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for adding more gameplay.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 6:10 PM
Lyralei tenho tido problema com a ultima versão. O jogo simplesmente para de responder, no meio do trabalho de costura, e é uma pena, amo tanto deste mod.
Você saberia o que pode estar causando isto? A versão 1.0.2 roda normal.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#73 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidsan
Lyralei tenho tido problema com a ultima versão. O jogo simplesmente para de responder, no meio do trabalho de costura, e é uma pena, amo tanto deste mod.
Você saberia o que pode estar causando isto? A versão 1.0.2 roda normal.
Hiya @Cidsan ! 

I ran your reply through Google translate, so excuse any misunderstandings!

Do you happen to have Nraas Error trapper? If you do, can you give me the XML file that it generated? I described how to obtain that right here, under "How Can I Help?" https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=641747

Secondly, which interaction is it exactly? The 'practise' interaction or the 'Sew a project'? 

I did indeed add some additional code (and fixes) to the practice interaction & the Browse about sewing interaction. Which happens to be in the looping function, so I think I might know what you mean? But I just need some more confirmation  
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 7:52 PM
Hiya @Cidsan ! 

I ran your reply through Google translate, so excuse any misunderstandings!

Do you happen to have Nraas Error trapper? If you do, can you give me the XML file that it generated? I described how to obtain that right here, under "How Can I Help?" https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=641747

Secondly, which interaction is it exactly? The 'practise' interaction or the 'Sew a project'? 

I did indeed add some additional code (and fixes) to the practice interaction & the Browse about sewing interaction. Which happens to be in the looping function, so I think I might know what you mean? But I just need some more confirmation  

Lyralei thanks for your attention, I was already sad for not receiving an answer. I loved your mod so much.
I'll try to summarize, I don't want to occupy your time.
First, I installed Nraas a short time ago, just 2 days, and I still don't know exactly how to use it.
Second, as I said earlier, the game crashes (freezes) and just ctr + alt + del gets me out of trouble, without leaving any more warning (sigh).
Third, I read the link you sent me, and yes bug happenened when you interrupted the action, I thought it was my fault, because I really did.
Anyway, I have no way of showing a print, of when the error occurs, but this is the photo of the mod, if I can put ...
Version 1.0.2 took me to level 10, but I found it useless to continue with the mod. that way, I put only fully functional things in my game.
Sorry, I don't know your language either, so I´m using Google translator.
I hope it solves the problem, I even made a sewing room for this mod.
And yes, I clear the cache whenever I enter the game.

[IMG]1937657.largethumb.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#75 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidsan
Lyralei thanks for your attention, I was already sad for not receiving an answer. I loved your mod so much.
I'll try to summarize, I don't want to occupy your time.
First, I installed Nraas a short time ago, just 2 days, and I still don't know exactly how to use it.
Second, as I said earlier, the game crashes (freezes) and just ctr + alt + del gets me out of trouble, without leaving any more warning (sigh).
Third, I read the link you sent me, and yes bug happenened when you interrupted the action, I thought it was my fault, because I really did.
Anyway, I have no way of showing a print, of when the error occurs, but this is the photo of the mod, if I can put ...
Version 1.0.2 took me to level 10, but I found it useless to continue with the mod. that way, I put only fully functional things in my game.
Sorry, I don't know your language either, so I´m using Google translator.
I hope it solves the problem, I even made a sewing room for this mod.
And yes, I clear the cache whenever I enter the game.

[img]1937657.largethumb.jpg[/img]
Hi there!

Ah! I see what you mean! I just tried to recreate the issue myself, and it seems to happen when it's on full speed. I think I was a bit too quick to say it worked. I'll look at it today! I do have an idea as to why, which is merely more code optimisation. I promise after this update it will actually become playable! 

Again, sorry about this! 
Page 3 of 17