Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 > TS3 Functional Sewing table [BETA V2.0.0] - Please redownload!

by Lyralei Posted 21st Jun 2020 at 3:12 PM - Updated 20th Aug 2023 at 1:30 PM by Lyralei : Updated to v.2.0.0 and uploaded a hotfix + New Tunables.

412 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 334 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 17
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 9:55 AM
Along with pottery, sewing was one of my faves from Sims 2. Thx so much!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#102 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I tried to buy this for my sim but it was invisible. You say to report what my sim was doing before this but there WAS no sim at this point, just a house with an invisible sewing machine.
@BlackjackGabbiani , See technical issues in the description  It's an issue where on low and medium texture settings, it will be invisible. I still have no idea how to fix this, but I am still looking into it. 
Field Researcher
#103 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 8:23 AM
I really love this Mod but sadly it still freezes my game. Deleting the table crashed my game so for now it is waiting in the family inventory for an update
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#104 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
I really love this Mod but sadly it still freezes my game. Deleting the table crashed my game so for now it is waiting in the family inventory for an update
Heya @KittyTheSnowcat ! That's interesting! I think with the freezing game issue, that's probably the practice issue right? Or did this occur due to something else? Because I think the next update should at least make the practise interaction as stable as it should be

The Deleting crash is a new one to me actually, I'll have to look into that one. For me, it never crashed the game, so it almost feels as if it was something inside the sewing table's inventory? What exactly is in it currently?

Thanks for sharing this btw!  
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 5:57 PM
I loved your idea so much! I was looking for a sewing machine for The sims 3 because I love sewing in The sims 2, and your creation appeared as an angel! If you want, i can help you translate the object into Brazilian portuguese cause it is my native language, and it could help to expand your work! And more one ask: Do you have plans to bring the pottery set from The sims 2, to The sims 3 at future? Because it would be really cool! This is my suggestion :)
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#106 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blueberry_64
I loved your idea so much! I was looking for a sewing machine for The sims 3 because I love sewing in The sims 2, and your creation appeared as an angel! If you want, i can help you translate the object into Brazilian portuguese cause it is my native language, and it could help to expand your work! And more one ask: Do you have plans to bring the pottery set from The sims 2, to The sims 3 at future? Because it would be really cool! This is my suggestion
Heya! Thanks for the kind words! 

Currently, I don't happen to have any plans for Pottery or any other hobby from ts2. But that's also since I'm working on another feature on the side (https://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.c...e-how-the-image)

But once I've finished the Sewing table I might though  Since I'd have a really awesome reference to work from code-wise. That has also been tested by the community already

Regarding the translation, sure thing! I'm going to release 1.0.5 today, which also has a few other dialogues that still need translating in Brazillian Portuguese (Since I really only speak English, German and Dutch). So the more languages are added the better! 
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 4:49 PM
Hello! 1.05 seems to be throwing out an error with Nraas Traveller and Error Trap? I don’t know if it’s conflicting with another mod or if it’s a false positive with Nraas itself.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#108 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 7:03 PM
Hey, the enthusiasm/interests mod sounds great! I am not really a coder but I wish I was because I've been thinking of a bunch of ideas for possible mods and potential ways and systems to create them, but one thing that had me baffled were those systems since I couldn't figure out how they would work alongside ts3's skills and traits. Now I'm intrigued.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 7:25 PM
Alright, so after some testing and asking around:

- it is specifically not cooperating with Traveller (Nraas)
- None of the he phone or computer interactions show up (not cooperating with online center, stock trade, programming (arsil), etc—basically any computer ad on mod.)

I tired to roll back my mod version but the one you have up as 1.04 seems to be your personal play test one, since it keeps giving me notifications etc.
Test Subject
#110 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Heya! Thanks for the kind words! 

Currently, I don't happen to have any plans for Pottery or any other hobby from ts2. But that's also since I'm working on another feature on the side (https://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.c...e-how-the-image)

But once I've finished the Sewing table I might though  Since I'd have a really awesome reference to work from code-wise. That has also been tested by the community already

Regarding the translation, sure thing! I'm going to release 1.0.5 today, which also has a few other dialogues that still need translating in Brazillian Portuguese (Since I really only speak English, German and Dutch). So the more languages are added the better! 

Right, I would like to help you! And I love your idea of hobbies and interests in The Sims 3!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#111 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimC
Alright, so after some testing and asking around:

- it is specifically not cooperating with Traveller (Nraas)
- None of the he phone or computer interactions show up (not cooperating with online center, stock trade, programming (arsil), etc—basically any computer ad on mod.)

I tired to roll back my mod version but the one you have up as 1.04 seems to be your personal play test one, since it keeps giving me notifications etc.
Heya! 

Hrm, I think I do have Travellers in my mods folder, but I'd have to check that out whenever that's actually true or not once I get back home. With not cooperating, are we talking about, you're clicking on the sewing tablle and its not showing any interactions? Or whenever you click the interactions, the sim never does the interaction? Because the more specific info I have, the easier it is to see what it might be

Could you upload the XML file that error trap produced for me maybe? Here's how to find it:

They're in: C:\Users\[YourNAME]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and called: ScriptError_YOURCOMPUTERNAME__DATE__TIME__SOMENUMBERSHERE. These error files themselves don't give me any private details about your computer, so no need to be afraid! It really will help me out to code the bug out, however!

Regarding the phone interaction not showing up, with 'not cooperating with' do you mean that those mods don't show up for you either? So that you don't see the programming option anymore for example? Or just that all modded computer interactions show up, except for the ones for this mod?

About the 1.0.4 thing, I guess that's what I get for having 2 1.0.4 zips :p I'll try and upload the right one today again!
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 1:58 PM
Heya! 

Hrm, I think I do have Travellers in my mods folder, but I'd have to check that out whenever that's actually true or not once I get back home. With not cooperating, are we talking about, you're clicking on the sewing tablle and its not showing any interactions? Or whenever you click the interactions, the sim never does the interaction? Because the more specific info I have, the easier it is to see what it might be

Could you upload the XML file that error trap produced for me maybe? Here's how to find it:

They're in: C:\Users\[YourNAME]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and called: ScriptError_YOURCOMPUTERNAME__DATE__TIME__SOMENUMBERSHERE. These error files themselves don't give me any private details about your computer, so no need to be afraid! It really will help me out to code the bug out, however!

Regarding the phone interaction not showing up, with 'not cooperating with' do you mean that those mods don't show up for you either? So that you don't see the programming option anymore for example? Or just that all modded computer interactions show up, except for the ones for this mod?

About the 1.0.4 thing, I guess that's what I get for having 2 1.0.4 zips :p I'll try and upload the right one today again!

Hello! When I say not cooperating I mean the interactions for the sweing machine that are supposed to show up on mobile or computers aren't showing up. And it looks like it's throwing out errors with mods that also use the computer (but those mods work fine.)

I will post my error script today!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 3:14 PM
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#114 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 6:04 PM
Here are the error's I'm getting.

https://pastebin.pl/view/798ad4ac
https://pastebin.pl/view/3db0e077
https://pastebin.pl/view/e5908cf7
Oh, I see what's going on! in a few instances, there are of course sims that don't have phones (yet). Therefore it's looking for a phone but can't fix it. Although the fact that I hadn't put a check on that is pretty sloppy :p so I'll fix that

Also uploaded the correct 1.0.4 version now!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#115 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 6:21 PM
Oh, I see what's going on! in a few instances, there are of course sims that don't have phones (yet). Therefore it's looking for a phone but can't fix it. Although the fact that I hadn't put a check on that is pretty sloppy :p so I'll fix that

Also uploaded the correct 1.0.4 version now!
Just uploaded a version that should fix this! Just redownload 1.0.5 and that should fix it. Do make sure to remove the caches when you replace the old 1.0.5 with the new one!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 11:34 PM
Just uploaded a version that should fix this! Just redownload 1.0.5 and that should fix it. Do make sure to remove the caches when you replace the old 1.0.5 with the new one!

Thank you so much! I'll go test it now.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much! I'll go test it now.

Back from testing. I'm pretty much getting the exact same errors. (I cleared my cache. Down to world files and so on.)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#118 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 4:44 PM
I'm still on The Sims 3, so seeing people still create for this game makes me really happy.
And this is quite a find for me. :)
Thank you so much for sharing <3
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#119 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 3:39 PM
Back from testing. I'm pretty much getting the exact same errors. (I cleared my cache. Down to world files and so on.)
Hrm strange! I just tested it myself with traveller in my game and I didn't seem to have any errors. but it's also very unlikely that something is conflicting it... I'll do some more research, although I can't exactly say if I would be able to recreate the issue.  But i'll try!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 12:04 AM
I downloaded the new version cleared the cache and popped it in mods folder.Started new game Traveller recorded 1,
I then went to the main menu loaded a previous save and this message popped up.
[IMG][/IMG]
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 11:12 PM
I downloaded a copy of the new version v.1.0.5 and removed the .v1.0.4 from my mods folder and cleared the game cache before trying to load the game.

None of my save files are loading, regardless if I use a previous save or a brand new save.

Thinking maybe it was something in my current Sims 3 folder, I created a new Sims 3 folder, with no other mods or custom content in it, and it's still not loading a brand new save.

As another troubleshooting step. I took out v.1.0.5 and added back in v.1.0.4, cleared the cache files and a new save loads within minutes, same with a previous save.

I don't have an error files to share, as I used Task Manager to exit the game.

I'm using the disc version of the game, patch level 1.67
Test Subject
#122 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 12:12 AM
Default Nraas Traveller
I have Traveller and I got an error on placing the table too.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Traveler error sewing.txt (9.1 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
#123 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 3:45 PM
I have the exact error pop up as SimC, rumbutter and Bibble. The blue dialogue box doesn't appear after reloading another save once I exit to the main menu, but the NRaas Traveler error notification still pops up

The kids of tommorrow don't need today,
when they live in the sins of yesterday...
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#124 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 10:12 AM
Hrm interesting, thanks for sharing more of the errors with me! I think in the case of Rumbutter, it's probably that the save already had those sewing items. So more checks have to be added

in the case of traveller, I got myself the 'developer' debug thing, so lets see if that comes with any helps. I'll look into this today! Sorry for the delay!

Weird question here, but the household doesn't have any object phones, does it? (so phones that are NOT in the sim's inventory)
Test Subject
#125 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 11:24 AM
Weird question here, but the household doesn't have any object phones, does it? (so phones that are NOT in the sim's inventory)

Do you mean phones that can be purchased through Buy Mode and placed in the house? Some of my families do (some elderly sims, for instance), but most of my families don't. They only use their mobile phone that is attached to them by default.
Could these phones be the problem? Is it worth a try deleting them all and seeing if the error persists?

The kids of tommorrow don't need today,
when they live in the sins of yesterday...
Page 5 of 17