Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1976 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 11:34 PM
Gosh.... I hope I don't do that ^

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Theorist
#1977 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I don't either. In fact, I find the concept rather idiotic and I frankly suspect that most if not all so-called "speedbuilds" are merely quick rebuilds of Lots that were built beforehand. But whatever, I'm not impressed by someone's intellectual dishonesty. I don't know who they think they're fooling with this nonsense.

Then I guess you'll scold me because I am into speedbuilds theme and even has this cathedral that based on one russian simmer's speedbuild. Can't imagine how stupid I was! Thank you for make me realise that and directing me right.

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Gosh.... I hope I don't do that ^

What do you mean?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1978 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Then I guess you'll scold me because I am into speedbuilds theme and even has this cathedral that based on one russian simmer's speedbuild. Can't imagine how stupid I was! Thank you for make me realise that and directing me right.

Maybe I misunderstand what "Speedbuild" means.
It's a great looking Lot, Victor, and it doesn't matter to me how long it took you to make it.
Theorist
#1979 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 25th Aug 2021 at 10:48 PM.
Maybe I misunderstand what "Speedbuild" means.
It's a great looking Lot, Victor, and it doesn't matter to me how long it took you to make it.

But maybe I did not described well enough. Sorry. Let's call it videos of building process. Theese are videos of building captured on screen.
Those building was made following those video step-by-step. But on another lot size.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1980 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 1:08 AM
But maybe I did not described well enough. Sorry. Let's call it videos of building process. Theese are videos of building captured on screen.
Those building was made following those video step-by-step. But on another lot size.

Ahh, okay, that's different then - thank you for clearing that up.
There was a contest or challenge of some sort for TS2, about a year ago or so, where Lot makers had, like, one hour to make a Lot. This is where I got the impression that "Speedbuilds" actually had something to do with how fast a person could create a Lot.
Regardless, it doesn't matter to me how quickly or slowly a person makes a Lot. It doesn't prove anything either way.
Theorist
#1981 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 12:25 PM
Ahh, okay, that's different then - thank you for clearing that up.
There was a contest or challenge of some sort for TS2, about a year ago or so, where Lot makers had, like, one hour to make a Lot. This is where I got the impression that "Speedbuilds" actually had something to do with how fast a person could create a Lot.

I saw it called in youtube just like that. There is a building process taped. Because it might take for a long time to build anything, they have to show it in fast manner. That's why it called speed build I guess. There could be a huge lot or tiny. It doesn't matter. Builders are not stricted by time in real life, Bellusim and Satisim create a veery huge towns in their speedbuilds. Sometimes they shrink some necessary things and that looks like you had an empty lot then poof! Few minutes before it is finished.
I know there were times before when we had tutorials like: how to create a pool with a window, or how to use build items in unusual way. Well, now I can say that age of such tricks was expired. If you want to build something in Sims 4, for example, a zoo, you will rather find a full tutorial how to create a zoo, then just some tricky moves. If you need to build an apartment, then you could find a tutorial how to build full apartment, not just about basic features. That's really much entertaining then tutorials we usually had before.
But... There is another side of coin. Speedbuilds are less educative. It gives you just a knowlege that very niche. It does not give you much information about things how to build your own dream house. Much more you will find a way how to create this particular house and will have ability to repeat it. I will be taught about useful features but will not be warned of things to avoid. Soo. I think that I made it just once. I will never repeat it again. Many thank you to make me realise that. :lovestruc

Regards Vic ^_^

Mad Poster
#1982 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 3:15 PM
...There is another side of coin. Speedbuilds are less educative. It gives you just a knowledge that very niche. It does not give you much information about things how to build your own dream house. Much more you will find a way how to create this particular house and will have ability to repeat it. I will be taught about useful features but will not be warned of things to avoid...

Thank you for explaining what a 'speedbuild' is. So... it is just a speeded up video of a build. Not necessarily a build built in 10 minutes (or whatever...) But, I have seen videos where people brag about how fast they built something - which I think is kinda stupid. Some builds take a long time and some go really fast - time spent has nothing to do with how visually pleasing or useful the build is for your simmies.

As for tutorials:
I learn (take in new knowledge) in many different ways - visuals are great. But, I much prefer to learn from written writing and studying drawings (blueprints.) I prefer to "discover" when I'm learning. So, I will take the old-time written tutorials any day. The 'presentation' of video tutorials drives me nuts also - I don't want to listen to some narrator who thinks they are funny/wise... I just want the info - and I can read it a lot faster than you can talk it. The few videos I have watched, I ended up skipping through most of them just trying to find the information I needed, or I've clicked on the 'info below' looking in vain for a transcript. I fail to see the entertainment value of a tutorial. Actually, the only time I ever seek out a tutorial is when I've hit a brick wall - I know what I want, know it can be done, but I can't figure out how to do it, and my head hurts.

I would rather learn how to do it by figuring it out myself, than watch some YT "Personality" do it on a vid.
Just like I would rather be performing on stage, than watching the show - or playing whatever sport you're into, than watching it on TV.
It is fun to figure things out! .

But hey... that is just me. Everybody is different. Find what you like, and go for it!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1983 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 11:56 PM
When I saw your last house, English House, that was reminded me of fake luxury people sometimes see as someting reasonable.
When I recreated the Palace of Tsar Aleksei Mihailovich in the Sims 4, I was woundered about how small are their bedrooms. I read then that was made tiny because it was heated by fireplaces. And tiny rooms keep warmth longer. That's really important in our climate to have warm rooms. Winters here are really cold. Most great rooms were left for storage.

I hope someday I will visit those Palace in real life. Itis in my town, and just I need enter in subway. But I can't go there because, first, it scares me to visit it alone. And second, I can't leave my deseased granny. But hope I will. Someday. Somehow.

Theorist
#1984 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 8:25 PM
But I can't go there because, first, it scares me to visit it alone.

Huh? Why?

Quote:
And second, I can't leave my deseased granny.

You're going to have to bury that body eventually. You can't just leave her sitting in that rocking chair, Victor.
Forum Resident
#1985 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 9:37 PM
Ok guys and girls now be honest: How many WIPs do you have in progress right now?
Me: too many to count haha

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1986 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Ok guys and girls now be honest: How many WIPs do you have in progress right now?
Me: too many to count haha

I haven't been playing in the last three months or so, mostly due to burnout, probably. But I'll get back to it eventually.
I dunno, counting everything I started in the last couple/few years, including things that might never see the light of day, probably about a dozen.
I've made a series of five houses, ranging from one to four bedrooms, in the same style and for desert 'hoods, that I've put a lot of work into and that I need to finish and test. They have matching and connecting front facades, kind of like rowhouses, so they can placed together in any order or combination.
Theorist
#1987 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 7:05 PM
I counted. I have 26 WIP projects right now.

Forum Resident
#1988 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 7:31 PM
I counted. I have 26 WIP projects right now.

i probably have that many too! a few are ready to be uploaded. just need proper names and back story

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1989 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 2:52 PM
i probably have that many too! a few are ready to be uploaded. just need proper names and back story

I have some houses completed, but won't share it because those were houses made by another players who disallowed me to share it.
Yeah, I furnish sometimes other's houses too. This situation is complicated. Once I see a good house that made by another player, I want to explore it... By furnish it. But once I finish and reach my goal, I ask about permission and then I could have "No! There's my house! I share it just for personal use! You may not share it, because I put so much effort to build it! " Then you feel yourself ashamed burglar and leave it in stock.

Probably, I can share you such leftovers on screenshots. Even with proper credit to Sims architects for you to make unfurnished/furnished comparison likewise before/after.

Forum Resident
#1990 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 11:30 PM
I started this project a while ago! I like the looks and style of it but now it looks like a mountain lodge/ hotel to me!
what do you think i should do?
Make it a hotel or keep as a Family home?

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1991 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 8:16 AM
Omg! This is a house of Love! You can make it a House of Love. Love is for everyone!

Alchemist
#1992 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 2:42 PM
So TS2 has this quarter tile placement cheat, but when I enter it nothing happens. Do I need to enter something else beforehand or afterwards?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1993 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
So TS2 has this quarter tile placement cheat, but when I enter it nothing happens. Do I need to enter something else beforehand or afterwards?

Try this: https://belladovah.tumblr.com/post/...le-placement-on

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1994 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:21 PM
Weird enough. I had not know anyone will have such issues because that looks like I have this setting by default for Ultimate Collection.

I'd like to have such keyboard shotcuts for other cheats because now I am passing through 7th hell circle with one mansion that has all the roof CFEd. This constant switching between CFE true and CFE false is harrasing.

Catherine, I noticed you have door facing one tile in your last bulding. That's not works like that when I build in my Sims 2. Doors can not be placed at one tile for me and one will definitially buried in wall. Do you has any cheats for that? Maybe there is also a situation like with Ctrl+F? I mean, some settings are different by default.

Alchemist
#1995 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 2:29 PM
Yup, got it. That cheat provides a lot more freedom, very handy for centering stuff. I'm working on this farmhouse-ish thing every now and then:

I think the floor plan could use some re-arrangement, at least the upper floor.
Screenshots

#1996 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 2:55 PM
...I'd like to have such keyboard shotcuts for other cheats...

You need a userStartup.cheat (it lives in your Documents/Config file; and opens with Notepad) I have these aliases in mine (feel free to copy/paste into yours)
So... when I want CFE on - all I do is bring up the cheat window and hit 5. I turn it off by opening the cheat window and hitting 6.
Snap objects to grid on/off is 1 and 2
Move objects on/off is 3 and 4
etc... It's a real sanity-saver

alias 50K "Motherlode"

alias 1 "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false"
alias 2 "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true"

alias 3 "moveObjects on"
alias 4 "moveObjects off"

alias 5 "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false"
alias 6 "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true"

alias 7 "boolProp unevenTilesFloorable true"
alias 8 "boolProp unevenTilesFloorable false"

alias petsOn "boolProp PetsFreeWill true"
alias petsOff "boolProp PetsFreeWill false"

alias floorStreetOn "boolProp locktiles false"
alias floorStreetOff "boolProp locktiles true"

alias aptOn "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions off"
alias aptOff "apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions on"

alias dormOn "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false"
alias dormOff "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled true"

alias debugOn "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true"
alias debugOff "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false"

alias hoodOn "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain on"
alias hoodOff "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain off"

Also - about the door - I've explained that many many times... it is a graphical glitch. Zoom out to the hood and back if it isn't "cut through" when you first enter the house. And, sims will use it like normal - they won't even know there's a problem. I exploited that glitch a lot in that 1920's series.

@Johnny_Bravo - That looks really nice! Lotsa space goin' on I see what you mean about the upstairs... there's almost enough room to squeeze in a second bathroom up there. Maybe flip the orientation of the Master Bed with the Bath, and keep it en suite. (So the entrance door is in the bedroom area, not the bathroom.) Then add a Jack'n'Jill bath between the kid's rooms?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1997 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 3:47 PM
In the Sims 3 isnt there a cheat to overcome the max story limit ?

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1998 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 4th Sep 2021 at 5:16 PM. Reason: Mispell
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
You need a userStartup.cheat (it lives in your Documents/Config file; and opens with Notepad)

Thank you!!! I'll try it, Cat. Thank you for point me in it. I'll try to use those aliases and try to make those that will suitable following your instructions. Number aliases are not good for me since I have a fear to mess all of it.

Yup, got it. That cheat provides a lot more freedom, very handy for centering stuff. I'm working on this farmhouse-ish thing every now and then:

I am curious about you will do in second floor. I like you are chasing furniture not based by its colour match. That makes things too like someone already was live there. I like it very much and won't change anything

In the Sims 3 isnt there a cheat to overcome the max story limit ?

Guess not. But cutsocks had posted here a trick video how to push those limit.

Theorist
#1999 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 5:09 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 4th Sep 2021 at 6:05 PM.

Is that meant to be a challenge?
Okay, in that case, a few questions regarding the downstairs, before I address the upstairs.
What does that smaller room in back of the house represent?
What does the room at the right rear represent?
Are those 2-tile arches leading from the hallway into the living room and dining room?
Are you absolutely "wedded" to the stairs layout?
Anything else you're "wedded" to, such as the symmetrical window layout (at least at the front of the house)?
I have a problem with there not being any closets downstairs. Almost all houses, including older farmhouses, have at least a coat closet, preferably somewhere near the front entrance or the hallway. Aside from being realistic, in the Sims this is also very useful for allowing them to change clothes without having to go upstairs to a bedroom. I don't see any good location for a closet anywhere downstairs.
Alchemist
#2000 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 11:38 PM
I've made some major changes before addressing the points in the post. 2 Options for downstairs.
Option 1 with a full bathroom and large kitchen:

Option 2 with a TV/family room and smaller kitchen and smaller powder room or bath.

The small room at the back is supposed to be the rear entrance/mud room. I originally had it as a laundry room in mind, but only after finishing up construction I remembered that TS2 doesn't have laundry stuff.
Screenshots

Page 80 of 98