Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autumn Falls - a revised version of Springville

by himawara106 Posted 29th Jan 2010 at 2:20 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2010 at 11:07 AM by himawara106

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Inventor
Original Poster
#51 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 6:26 PM
Hey! Thank you all for your nice comments. I am working on the next map but I don't have much time at the moment.

@Pary:
Yes, I have noticed the fountain. It shouldn't be there and I don't know how it came there. I tried to remove it, but in CAW I couldn't delete it. It doesn't has any effects for gameplay - consider it as a failed experiment of the science staff.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Scholar
#52 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:54 PM Last edited by summersong86 : 4th Feb 2010 at 4:03 AM. Reason: To Add Photos for clarification
Hi sorry if this sounds like a crazy question, but I was editing and moving around public buildings and I noticed a a single dumpster placed between lots on a road that runs near the beach. I think there ended up being 4 dumpsters, total. They are not within lots so I can't delete them. Did you use dumpsters in your lot decorations on CAW? I'm just wondering if it was part of the scenery or if my game went nuts and put in dumpsters where there were supposed to be bushes or trees. Each dumpster is next to a small cluster of trees.

Update: I've attached some photos to show what I'm talking about. Also please note odd distortion when one of the lots is zoomed in on. This distortion only appears when you're within a close distance to the lot. I am only seeing it in the build/buy mode at present because I'm not yet playing that lot.

And the other photo shows the general location of the dumpsters on the map. They are near the Bistro and the Science Facility.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#53 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
Yes, I have noticed the fountain. It shouldn't be there and I don't know how it came there. I tried to remove it, but in CAW I couldn't delete it. It doesn't has any effects for gameplay - consider it as a failed experiment of the science staff.

Ah okay, it hasn't hampered any gameplay at all or anything, as you said, I just wondered if it were there for a particular reason or not. Thanks for clarifying
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 5:37 PM
@Summersong86
Yes, there are these dumpsters simply for decoration. You can find them in the CAW tool. The act like trees or other objects.
I have put them there between the lots, because in this area are in my game the more rundown houses. It has a purpose.
That strange with the distortion. I have never experienced this only in a prior version near the hills on the left. I could only fix that by deleting the lot.

Scholar
#55 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 6:19 PM
Oh okay, I was thinking it was supposed to be a bush and my game substituted in a dumpster due to a bug. I'd only seen the dumpsters in build/buy modes for individual lots but I haven't yet gotten far enough on my own island in CAW to start placing deco items. I didn't realize they were available as lot decoration, too.

In my game those lots are prime real estate due to the proximity to the gorgeous beach. I wish I could delete the dumpsters, but oh well, that's life. I'll hide them from lot view with bushes.

That distortion seems to plague at least one lot on everyone's projects. I don't know if anyone has figured out exactly what causes that or how to avoid it. I'm currently working on an experimental island with an unnaturally flat terrain and doing some very exacting, painstaking road placement. I bet even with all of my precautions, I'll get distortions, too when I export my world and see it in the actual game. That's just the way it goes.
Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 10:08 AM
@summersong86: Ok, hmm you're right with the beach. There can also be more expensive lots and the dumpsters are then not useful.
I hate CAW. Some things really work well but I am working on a new terrain and there seems to always be some kind of weird problems with it. I guess it's because the tool ist just beta. I hope you get yours uploaded soon - can't wait to see another neighbourhood up!

Theorist
#57 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 4:41 AM
Thanks.. can't wait to get this in my game
Scholar
#58 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 4:51 AM Last edited by summersong86 : 11th Feb 2010 at 4:43 AM. Reason: Adding link to pertinent discussion
Oh my island that I made from scratch is just a self-teaching tool. I don't plan to upload it. I enjoy working with CAW but it is very buggy and freezes up on me constantly, especially when I'm working with terrain paints or terrain sculpt brushes, so I don't find it possible to create a world from start to finish with the tool as it currently is. I prefer to edit maps other people have made. My daughter will be starting school next fall and I have to devote the bulk of my attention to getting her ready for school. I won't be able to get deep into cc making like I once did.

I was reading comments others have made about their experience with CAW and they all are having terrible problems with that rip or tear where the road and lots meet. Nearly everyone seems to have one lot that just won't smooth properly.

EDIT to add link: Hi, I don't know if you're still following the comments here but I found a link to a discussion the the official EA forum about the road tear issues: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/167243.page

It's by LeeMortis, who has been working on a very large world map and he talks about his battles with rips and tears in the roads and how they simply can not be fixed without breaking other parts of the map. I'm not linking this to get on your case about the one tiny tear you have in one road. I just am posting this for the benefit of all of us who have tried to deal with this issue in CAW.

Autumn Falls is working well for me so far. It's tiny so I wasn't able to move my long-term characters to the town so I reserve it for some new characters I am developing. I find myself needing larger lot sizes than most of my favorite island and small maps can offer for my older families with all their kids and large quantities of stuff.
Theorist
#59 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 1:54 AM
Hiya! I downloaded your world and it's really cute! I was getting ready to plop some houses in it and decided to take a "stroll" around to get a feel for the lay of the land. A lot about this world I liked, but I was nearly lost when I saw dumpsters as world decorations sitting right next to residential lots. I decided I wouldn't throw it out just because of that, though, and went back to my tour. I'm afraid the trees in the middle of the river did it for me. It looks like they were placed there accidentally, perhaps by switching to another tree when one was selected instead of pressing the Escape key, but you might want to fix that and re-upload.
Theorist
#60 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 10:49 AM
I tried to install this neighborhood, but it keeps on saying that I need a software update before I could install this. What software update is this talking about?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 7:48 PM
The neighborhood is awesome, I love it. But my sims can´t go to their jobs, visit comunnity lots or move out. (Path problem)
I made a family move out to an empty lot and they are stucked in the moving. They are standing in the middle of the new lot. But the game says they are still moving.
So I had to delete the neighborhood.
Im playing with base game and WA, also playing with the latest patch. (1.10.6)
No mods, no hacks, no CC.

Any suggestion?
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 12:31 AM
does it works whit World Adventure Expansion? Any help is welcome.
Inventor
Original Poster
#63 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 12:17 PM
@Rocca
Maybe it has something to do with the latest patch. For me my world works but others don't after the latest patch.

@Pony820
Yes it should work with WA.

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rocca
The neighborhood is awesome, I love it. But my sims can´t go to their jobs, visit comunnity lots or move out. (Path problem)
I made a family move out to an empty lot and they are stucked in the moving. They are standing in the middle of the new lot. But the game says they are still moving.
So I had to delete the neighborhood.
Im playing with base game and WA, also playing with the latest patch. (1.10.6)
No mods, no hacks, no CC.

Any suggestion?

I don't even have this neighborhood installed yet and I've had that problem before. I'm afraid that's just some EA sprinkles on the vanilla game. Sorry.
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:48 AM
the second part is corrupted. fix that, please.
Theorist
#66 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leogodim
the second part is corrupted. fix that, please.

Try re-downloading. I downloaded it fine a week ago. I was just checking back to see if the creator has said anything about any of the design problems this map has.
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:20 PM
@Misty2004
I played this hood for long and didn't see the trees. With the dumpsters I already said, that I had there a suburban part of the town in my head.
You know - it was much work to do this hood. I can't fulfill every wish and I can't do it right for everyone because when you dig and dig and dig you find for sure things that are not the way you like. I uploaded the world here, because I myself liked it. I have learned a lot now with CAW and my next one will be better. But since I have not so much time, I can't tell when it will be finished. But I will search for the trees and when I find them I can delete them and reupload.
Thanks for helping leogodim with the download.

Test Subject
#68 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:42 PM Last edited by leogodim : 18th Feb 2010 at 10:59 PM.
lol. I downloaded again, but the error continues.

appears that. don't look to language, i'm from brazil :D

ignore. i download with mozilla firefox, and work ok. before, i download with google chrome.
Test Subject
#69 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 4:23 AM
hi can u plz upload this 2 the sims 3 website coz im having truble downloading this coz it says the folder is empty
Inventor
Original Poster
#70 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 11:26 AM
Please can you stop posting about download problems in this thread!
The files are downloading fine - but I am not the hoster of this site and when the site is busy you get these errors.
Please post in the site issues forum instead:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24
There you can get help with download problems.

As far as I can say: I recommend using a download management program. (like flashget for example)

Test Subject
#71 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 7:10 PM
Beautiful neighborhood! I was able to download it just fine. All my sim families previously created showed up in the bottom right panel (where you choose sims). However, my previously created or downloaded houses nor the sims provided generic houses show up in the bottom left for placement. There are no created houses at all, so I have started creating my own on the empty lots. Is there a way I can make all my previously created houses show up in this neighborhood? Do I have a wrong setting?

Darlene
Inventor
Original Poster
#72 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 10:17 PM
@Darlene
You have to install downloaded houses via the launcher. Then they should be visible on the bottom left of the screen in the "houses tab". Then when you click on one house you can place it on the map.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoadRageBarbie
I don't even have this neighborhood installed yet and I've had that problem before. I'm afraid that's just some EA sprinkles on the vanilla game. Sorry.

Awww, sorry to hear that, I'll have to wait, because this neighborhood is truly awesome.
Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:10 PM
First of all, I love it. The only problem I am having is the stadium is unaccessible. I tried having my sim take the athletic class, he waves his arms in the air and screams. I took him to all of the other work lots, and he has had no trouble.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:23 AM
Thank you!!! Small and livable. Not too much hustle and bustle. Thanks!
Page 3 of 8