Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Produce Stand - Updated v2

by ani_ Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 1:58 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:08 AM by ani_

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 92 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#126 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 9:49 AM
great idea! You're so creative :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#127 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 3:19 AM
If you get the files are broken error you need to rename all the files to something more simple. The issue is that the text is so long that it causes a problem when you unrar them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 5:17 PM
Thank you! Love your mods like this. And thanks D1n3r0 for clearing up the 7-zip issue. Renaming the files worked for me.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 12:58 AM
Is this working in patch 1.66?

For every King, there is a Queen ...

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=25203
Instructor
#130 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IChoseThisName
I'm trying very hard to install this. 7-zip claims the files are broken.

Same thing here. I'm going to try to rename the files and give it another try but it *does* look like one of the files is broken.

Edit: Renaming didn't work. Opening 1.63 part 3 throws a 'broken file' error that's not due to file name issues. Meh.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Same thing here. I'm going to try to rename the files and give it another try but it *does* look like one of the files is broken.

Edit: Renaming didn't work. Opening 1.63 part 3 throws a 'broken file' error that's not due to file name issues. Meh.

The files aren't broken, but they won't extract correctly in 7-zip. They will extract correctly in WinRar.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#132 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 10:46 PM
This looks like a really useful mod - I rec'd and favorite even though I'm unable to unzip it with 7-zip. Really just don't want to temporarily install WinRAR just to unpack your mod, but I do appreciate all your hard work on this. Maybe someday there will be some easier alternative available so I can try it out. :-)
Test Subject
#133 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:40 AM
Please please upload an easier version. I have been trying for months to download your mod and I have tried with so many different programs but it keeps saying that one file is broken. It is very complicated to install WinRAR on a Macbook, and all other programs don't work. Please? Thank you.
Test Subject
#134 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 12:15 AM
The way I got 7zip to work on them was to remove the numbers in the file names except for the 1,2 &3 in the part1 etc.
Test Subject
#135 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:41 PM
Default hi I got some problems with this mod
hello ani I got a problem with this mod, let me tell you about it :

first I downloaded and installed the mod, everything is good so far, then I logged the game and bought the stand, I fixed the settings and so on, but the problem comes when someone tries to buy something I always get this message:

exception in tendstand : a null value was found where an object instance was required

thats the message Im getting, I dunno if it is because I play a spanish version of the game, I dont think it mattes as I have installed some mods before and they work fine, can you give me a solution for this? thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#136 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 5:19 PM
Looks great, but can you make it 1 file?
Inventor
#137 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 3:22 PM
I love this mod and all your OFB object mods. Thanks so much for all this work.

I don't suppose you would consider releasing the original Humble Harvest Stand object with your changes? The thing I most want to do with it is actually a harvest stand, and I really like the look of the EA object.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
#138 Old 1st May 2014 at 12:56 PM
It works with 1.67?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 3rd May 2014 at 5:51 AM
I get a file error using 7zip without renaming the file. But when I rename and extract file 1, it doesn't produce a package file for my mods folder. Do I need to extract the other 2 files as well? I'm thoroughly confused on how to extract this rar. I have other mods that I had no problem using 7zip with.
Test Subject
#140 Old 3rd May 2014 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flemsfamily
I get a file error using 7zip without renaming the file. But when I rename and extract file 1, it doesn't produce a package file for my mods folder. Do I need to extract the other 2 files as well? I'm thoroughly confused on how to extract this rar. I have other mods that I had no problem using 7zip with.

Ok I found the package file for part 1. Now I still don't know if I need to unzip parts 2 & 3 and add them to my mods folder with part 1. When I try to extract parts 2 & 3 I get a box asking if I want to replace part 1, I just cancelled the action and am waiting on help from someone on here.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#141 Old 25th May 2014 at 5:32 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 26th May 2014 at 11:37 AM
Thanks, this is really good, quite hard to install but i got there in the end!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 2:40 PM
I am a little late in learning mods, but i have thanks this looks cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 7:44 PM
fzg
Test Subject
#145 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brizlaz
The way I got 7zip to work on them was to remove the numbers in the file names except for the 1,2 &3 in the part1 etc.

Thank you! That worked for me
Test Subject
#146 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purplelicious
The files aren't broken, but they won't extract correctly in 7-zip. They will extract correctly in WinRar.

Ahh thank you! I was having the same problem!!

I am now having trouble getting people to actually buy items from the stand. I've tried having items in both the inventory and on the table, but though people seem to be browsing, there's no money changing hands (and no produce either). Any idea if this is a bug or if it just takes a couple of days for people to warm up to buying items? I've got perfect produce and it's no enticing anyone.
Test Subject
#147 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 8:37 PM
I'm using Winrar, and well, I'm having some trouble...

When I try to install from the FIRST package, I get this popup box;
You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:
[Browse]
C:\Users\Arcadiae\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS_ani__1393715_ani_OFBStand_1632.rar
(the file mentioned in the popup box is the SECOND file, i renamed it because people have been saying that was their problem, but i also tried this without renaming, gives me the same issues)

Insert a disk with this volume and press "OK" to try again, or press "Cancel" to break extraction.

Hitting "OK" just makes the popup box open over and over.

Breaking it gives me this;
! C:\Users\Arcadiae\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS_ani__1393715_ani_OFBStand_1632.rar: The required volume is absent
! C:\Users\Arcadiae\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS_ani__1393715_ani_OFBStand_1631.rar: Checksum error in ani_OFBStand_1.63\ani_OFBStand.package. The file is corrupt

When I try to install it from the THIRD file (since the files are asking for me to insert a disk for the next package), I just get th‪is error;
! C:\Users\Arcadiae\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS_ani__1393717_ani_OFBStand_1633.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack ani_OFBStand_1.63\ani_OFBStand.package
! C:\Users\Arcadiae\AppData\Local\Temp\MTS_ani__1393717_ani_OFBStand_1633.rar: No files to extract

So... all in all, is there another file I'm supposed to be downloading OTHER than packages one through three at the bottom of the list?
I would try merging the files, but if there's a way to do that with zipped files, I haven't found it, and extracting them all at the same time via the folder where my downloads are doesn't work either.
And if I may gripe a bit here, actual download instructions would be helpful. The ones above the files themselves do not suffice... I don't mind doing a bit of finangling to get a mod extracted and working, but this is bordering a bit on ridiculous.

However, this mod looks really fun and interesting and I hope I get it working!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:41 PM
Thats a funny gimmick. Very much thanks for this. It is for selling everythin - Fruits, Gems, Books, Paintings or ancient Relicts.
Test Subject
#149 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:29 AM
hey ani, i think i might have found a fun Little bug with you awesome mod.
what happens is:
i buy the stand, then go to town.
fill the stand with tier 1 fruit and veggies (apples, tomatoes and so on)
set the owner to me and open/close time to 9-18
open the stand and tend it
after 18:00 i close the stand, stop tending it and go home........this is where the bug comes in play, my sim can no longer Cook food, i tell him to mac&cheese and get it from the fridge starts the prep animation but stops half way through and tells me that.....he cant go there.....but he was cooking, not going anywere....i tried everything but nothing Works, i tried about 9 times, even to retart the game. i found that this Little food wieredness only happens after using your produce stand!
i would really hate to se this stand go away from my mod folder but....i cant have a bistro with no food, right!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#150 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kbomify
hey ani, i think i might have found a fun Little bug with you awesome mod.
what happens is:
i buy the stand, then go to town.
fill the stand with tier 1 fruit and veggies (apples, tomatoes and so on)
set the owner to me and open/close time to 9-18
open the stand and tend it
after 18:00 i close the stand, stop tending it and go home........this is where the bug comes in play, my sim can no longer Cook food, i tell him to mac&cheese and get it from the fridge starts the prep animation but stops half way through and tells me that.....he cant go there.....but he was cooking, not going anywere....i tried everything but nothing Works, i tried about 9 times, even to retart the game. i found that this Little food wieredness only happens after using your produce stand!
i would really hate to se this stand go away from my mod folder but....i cant have a bistro with no food, right!

I have to test, but I've never stumbled on this bug and I've been using this for a very long time. Can you test this bug without any other mods than the stand?
Page 6 of 7