Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

541 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 22
Test Subject
#376 Old 27th May 2021 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
That error suggests it's a mesh with no vertex colors, but I can't be sure. Please upload a package this is happening with and say which auto assign button you're clicking.

package: https://jmp.sh/hRp2g9P (Right click and open in new tab if it doesn't work by just clicking)

This is the button I'm using, and it worked perfectly on tops, bottoms, and full body outfits. Everything else gives me that error.

https://ibb.co/Kr83pqx
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#377 Old 27th May 2021 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by evekat
package: https://jmp.sh/hRp2g9P (Right click and open in new tab if it doesn't work by just clicking)

This is the button I'm using, and it worked perfectly on tops, bottoms, and full body outfits. Everything else gives me that error.

https://ibb.co/Kr83pqx

Some of the meshes have three uv maps. The tool does the auto assignments for the standard two uv maps and then chokes because of the third. I'll put in an error catch to prevent this, but there's another error cropping up too that I'll need to look into before giving you a new version to test.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#378 Old 28th May 2021 at 12:10 AM
Some of the meshes have three uv maps. The tool does the auto assignments for the standard two uv maps and then chokes because of the third. I'll put in an error catch to prevent this, but there's another error cropping up too that I'll need to look into before giving you a new version to test.

Thanks a bunch. So are you saying that my meshes have three UV maps instead of two? I can just delete the third one, right?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#379 Old 28th May 2021 at 11:47 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 31st May 2021 at 3:07 PM.
Thanks a bunch. So are you saying that my meshes have three UV maps instead of two? I can just delete the third one, right?

You could, but that would mean fixing and reimporting your meshes. I found my error - naturally in fixing the third uv problem I created a worse bug.

I've attached a new test version of CAS Tools - everything looks okay but I haven't tested in-game.

Edit: Outdated test version removed.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#380 Old 29th May 2021 at 1:47 AM
You could, but that would mean fixing and reimporting your meshes. I found my error - naturally in fixing the third uv problem I created a worse bug.

I've attached a new test version of CAS Tools - everything looks okay but I haven't tested in-game.

Thanks! Also, with an outfit of mine, the sim's arm is stuck behind her back. There used to be a button that fixed this, but now I can't find it. Where is it?
Test Subject
#381 Old 29th May 2021 at 11:04 AM
Currently the 6 new hair swatches in the most recent patch dont have color tags in the filters of the program. Not sure if you were aware of this as it’s something minuscule but I thought I’d comment and let you know. Thanks for your hard work
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#382 Old 29th May 2021 at 4:39 PM
Thanks! Also, with an outfit of mine, the sim's arm is stuck behind her back. There used to be a button that fixed this, but now I can't find it. Where is it?

I think you mean the Auto-Assign Slotrays button, one of the auto assignment buttons in the Mesh Fixing Tools tab.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#383 Old 29th May 2021 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spotharris
Currently the 6 new hair swatches in the most recent patch dont have color tags in the filters of the program. Not sure if you were aware of this as it’s something minuscule but I thought I’d comment and let you know. Thanks for your hard work

Yes, those will be included when I upload the new version today or tomorrow probably.

Test Subject
#384 Old 30th May 2021 at 4:00 AM
I think you mean the Auto-Assign Slotrays button, one of the auto assignment buttons in the Mesh Fixing Tools tab.

I tried that, the arm is still glitching. It worked perfectly in the older versions.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#385 Old 30th May 2021 at 8:21 AM
I tried that, the arm is still glitching. It worked perfectly in the older versions.

Please upload the package.

Test Subject
#386 Old 30th May 2021 at 10:27 PM
Please upload the package.

https://jmp.sh/zokOWwi

(Right click and open link in new tab.)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#387 Old 31st May 2021 at 3:02 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 2nd Jun 2021 at 2:35 PM.
https://jmp.sh/zokOWwi

(Right click and open link in new tab.)

Thank you! I think the packs on the hips are causing the slotray calculations to result in unusable data. I've added a new button that uses the old method which copies slotray data from a default body mesh. Using that and the arm positioning adjustments in the same section I was able to get a good effect as shown in the screenshots below. Fist click the "Calculate Slotrays using the default body" button to position the arms the default distance, then use the adjustments under it if you want to move the arms out a little.

I've attached another test version for you to try, please let me know.

Edit: Attachment removed; please use the official download from the tool download page.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#388 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 4:43 AM
Thank you! I think the packs on the hips are causing the slotray calculations to result in unusable data. I've added a new button that uses the old method which copies slotray data from a default body mesh. Using that and the arm positioning adjustments in the same section I was able to get a good effect as shown in the screenshots below. Fist click the "Calculate Slotrays using the default body" button to position the arms the default distance, then use the adjustments under it if you want to move the arms out a little.

I've attached another test version for you to try, please let me know.

PERFECT. That's exactly what it needed! You're an awesome programmer, I'm sorry I've been working you like this. >_< You really helped me out, thank you so much.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#389 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 2:27 PM
PERFECT. That's exactly what it needed! You're an awesome programmer, I'm sorry I've been working you like this. >_< You really helped me out, thank you so much.

Thank you! And thanks for working with me to improve my tool.

Official Version 3.5.2 is uploaded, with the uv1 and slotray assignment issues we discussed fixed plus a few cosmetic changes in the Mesh Fixing Tools tab.

Test Subject
#390 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:55 PM
I have thousands of cc items and I'm trying to change the order in cas to make things easier to find. Is there a way to change the cas order on multiple files at once? I imagine probably not, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#391 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SarariniSims
I have thousands of cc items and I'm trying to change the order in cas to make things easier to find. Is there a way to change the cas order on multiple files at once? I imagine probably not, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Sorry, there are no batch functions in this tool so each package would have to be modified separately.

Test Subject
#392 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 11:33 PM
how to update cc?
hi, I was wondering what tab allows me to update cc? in this case I'm trying to update cc eyes.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#393 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 12:58 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 19th Jun 2021 at 10:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by szsimss
hi, I was wondering what tab allows me to update cc? in this case I'm trying to update cc eyes.

Depends on how old they are and why they need updating. If you open the package in the package editor and save it, it'll update it to a current version, so you can try that. If they're default replacements you can use this tool: https://modthesims.info/d/643164/ts...by-patches.html

Field Researcher
#394 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 4:59 PM
Again, this tool is one of the absolute best. One function I would appreciate in the future is to clone an item but with the textures linked a repository version. Useful when making kids versions of clothing that uses the same textures as adult version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#395 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 9:47 PM
Mac version when?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#396 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ingeli
Again, this tool is one of the absolute best. One function I would appreciate in the future is to clone an item but with the textures linked a repository version. Useful when making kids versions of clothing that uses the same textures as adult version.

Thanks!

When you make a clone, the textures (and all resources except the CASP) are linked back to the EA packages. They're only added to the clone as a new resource if you import a texture or mesh. Is that what you mean?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#397 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaptBensonTho
Mac version when?

Never, unless someone else does it. I don't have a Mac to develop one on, and it's just not the kind of project I want to take on. Anyone who wants to try is welcome to use my code.

Test Subject
#398 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 9:54 PM
Never, unless someone else does it. I don't have a Mac to develop one on, and it's just not the kind of project I want to take on. Anyone who wants to try is welcome to use my code.

lemme just go cry. I wanna change my eyes from facepaint to non default and I have not got the patience to do them one by one
Field Researcher
#399 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 10:29 AM
Thanks!

When you make a clone, the textures (and all resources except the CASP) are linked back to the EA packages. They're only added to the clone as a new resource if you import a texture or mesh. Is that what you mean?

What I want to do is to clone a CC item, and have the new item reference the old CC one, (the adult version). I then extract the meshes and change them to kids/toddler version, but the textrures should still reference the ones in the adult version. Is this possible with CASTools?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#400 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:51 PM
hi, this may be answered elsewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it. I'm trying to clone the new cottage living mesh and recolors, but only the recolors are extracting. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you!
Page 16 of 22