Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 5:23 AM
Default Game speeding up on its own.
Hello, I've encountered a glitch where I enter a community lot and my game speeds up to 3x on its own. If I press 1x, it glitches back to 3x almost immediately. I'm pretty new to the Sims 2 (I grew up with sims 3 and 4) and I've looked online for this specific glitch but I'm met with answers that misunderstand my question.
Please let me know if there's a fix, or a hack even, for this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 5:38 AM
Doesn't sound like normal game behavior.
Do you use mods/CC? In that case, it's likely there's a mod or mod conflict that's causing this behavior.

Easiest way to check is to first backup your neighborhoods (just in case anything goes wrong when you test CC), then move out (don't delete!) your downloads. Run the game, test if the issues are still there. If they're gone, the problem is caused by something in your Downloads folder.

You can check for mod conflicts with the HCDU (there are a couple updated/edited versions of the original, like the one below)
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html

If nothing comes up, it could be a single mod - check if you've got anything that's affecting community lots or time.
(Fair warning - some shown HCDU conflicts may not be actual conflicts, but ay just need a proper loading order or are supposed to show as conflicts, so ALWAYS check the items ingame if they're actually causing trouble before removing them, and/or look them up and see if they have known issues/conflicts with other mods)

Depending on how your downloads are sorted, doing a 50/50 search through your mods could also be relevant (if you keep your mods sorted in a separate folder from the rest of your CC, check first if the problem is there by only putting in the mods and running the game. Problem still there? Then it's contained in the mods folder. Problem goes away? Item causing the issue is either elsewhere in your downloads OR is conflicting with something in your Mods folder).

50/50 method (and various other tips)
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...he_50.25_Method
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Doesn't sound like normal game behavior.
Do you use mods/CC? In that case, it's likely there's a mod or mod conflict that's causing this behavior.
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...he_50.25_Method

This worked. Thanks so much!
I got carried away with my mod installing haha
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2024 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lost-kitteh
This worked. Thanks so much!
I got carried away with my mod installing haha

If you figured out which mod(s) caused the problem, it could be helpful to others if you post which one(s), so it's easier for them to find the problem if they come across this topic while searching for solutions.