Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:10 PM
Default Anyone else having trouble installing?
I'm downloading mine off of ea.com and it keeps stalling and disconnecting and restarting. It's taking forever! After paying 50 bucks and waiting until 7AM I don't really think this is acceptable. I have to babysit it because every 3 minutes it says it had an error and I need to manually click to resume it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:12 PM
Yep. I started it before I left for work. At first it was dl'ing at 250k/second and then dropped to between 0 (throwing an error msg) and 10k telling me it was going to be over 100 hours before it was through dl'ing. I figured it was the amount of traffic dl'ing this morning and hope it will be faster tonight.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:57 PM
By the way, large thread about this on the official forums. A mod has acknowledged the issue and said that they are looking into it. Seems to be due to a higher than anticipated number of attempted simultaneous downloads.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:03 PM
Maybe it's because so many people are probably downloading it at the same time, try and contact EA or search for some solutions. If not, maybe leave it for a week and try it again.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
They will refund your money as long as you have not registered the game. Call 1-650-628-1001 then press 6. You will be on hold for a while but they will give you a refund.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:45 PM
It's not just the downloads that are slow, The website is having massive problems too.

Quote:
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Looks like they are totally swamped.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:52 PM
Rent a few extra servers for the first week and all should have been well.

A normally functioning company that deals in software should have seen this coming. Or are they just tolerating it due to the high and undying demand?

Good thing for them the non-specific media and general population is widely considering computer games to be silly.

I'm sorry... lol
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheShady
Rent a few extra servers for the first week and all should have been well.

Precisely. But that would have meant spending money, Something EA doesn't believe in.