Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Kilani : 4th Jun 2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: new question
Default Aging up in the Sims 3?; Problems with aging cheat?
I was wondering, when one of your sims age up, do you have the option to have other sims age up with you like in TS2?

edit: Does the "set age" cheat work? Am I doing it wrong? xD;;
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:15 AM
no everyone grows up together

Heyyyyyy baby.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:21 AM
Yeah, or at least "close" to together. A sim of mine still had a boyfriend 4 days younger than her -- so all the ages are a little different, through the game. That, and some have longer lifespans for no reason. All luck of the draw, on aging.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:22 AM
Yeah that was sort of the point of the seamless neighbourhood... of course, it doesn't work right, but that's the idea lol
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:23 AM
yeah, Mine grow up together i had a sim that was pregnant and it took her 2 hours in really human time to have the baby while there was a birthday party going on. so yeah haha

Heyyyyyy baby.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:59 AM
Haha alright, I was wondering because my sim's love interest is a lot younger than her XD;

Thanks to everyone who answered.

Also, does anyone know how to get the "set age" cheat to work? I keep trying it but it says "set" is an unknown command.
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM
You can have your sims age up together by buying the birthday cake and selecting blow out candles. It'll give you a list of sims to age up.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:56 PM
that cheat most likely was removed after prima went too printing. a lot of stuff in prima guides are not correct as prima got printed before the game went gold
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:22 PM
Oh, and I guess this can go here, but I discovered a glitch in my game. (Sorry if it's already been posted.) I had a baby in game, and grew impatient clicking on the cake so I had it clicked twice. The baby then grew from a baby to a toddler and then into a child.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:51 AM
^^same here i cleaned it though :D

Heyyyyyy baby.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
that cheat most likely was removed after prima went too printing. a lot of stuff in prima guides are not correct as prima got printed before the game went gold

If you're talking about the cake thing, it's not really a cheat, it's just an option you have to grow up your kids. I like it because then my parents can stay younger adults longer while the kids grow up.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:54 AM
I used it to keep my kid's best friend (and later girlfriend) aging up with him. And, once, to speed up the baby gameplay. I don't mind toddler but the baby stage just isn't all that interesting to me.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:37 AM
Hey now i forgot what is the deafault aging lifespan Epic is too long