Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
Default Downloading
Ok, I tried searching for the answer to this but no luck. Where do downloads go? I downloaded some stuff from the Sims Store and it went right to the launcher. But where do we put them when we download from here?

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:14 PM
In the launcher click "select all" (assuming you want all of your downloaded content in the game) and click click install. After you do that, it should show up in-game.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:16 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:25 AM
My question is, Can you put downloads in subfolders. because i like to keep my downloads organized by creator and type not one big squishie mess.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:27 AM
Yes, but you have to edit your Resource.cfg accordingly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Say wuh?!
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:31 AM
I need to edit that file as well so I can use the custom content I get from MTS for Sims 3. How do you edit Resource.cfg? I was going to try and contact Delphy, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

I don't like it when I say people should die and then they do. I don't want that kind of responsibilty; at least not until I'm in upper middle management.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Thanks for that! I was wondering why my shinier skins weren't working :D
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:20 PM
Also, if you take a look at your downloaded files when in the launch screen, there is a tab that says "show files" - if you click on that it will show you exactly where that file is located. That's how I figured out where my screenies were being saved (Window's Vista sets this stuff up differently from where XP did, sometimes it's such a pain trying to find where it hides stuff!)