Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:33 PM
Default Parenting in TS3
I did not buy the game yet, from all I read so far I am not convienced of it. However one thing that I really wished for are better parenting options for the Sims. I hated that Sim kids could do everything go out at everytime and such and no real parenting was ever done.

Has that changed in TS3, is family interaction better now?
Are babys still as 'boring' as far as interaction goes as before?
Can I punish or reward my kids?

Anything that makes family life more realistic?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:52 PM
The babies are pretty boring, unfortunately. However, at least you can age them up quickly.

There is a curfew for kids and for teens, which keeps them from being out all night.

I haven't played through too many parent-child interactions yet. I did notice though that the animations for reading to kids and helping with homework are much better -- the parent actually sits down next to the kid!

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:52 PM
Babies are still pretty boring, BUT, they've reverted to Sims 1 thinking with bottles and diapers, in that they don't get strewn all over your floor.

When it comes to kids, they have curfews now I think.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:06 PM
Babies are lame. But not you buy a cake and age them as soon as you like.
Toddlers are much much more adventurous and alot more work. And alot more intelligent.
Kids, I couldn't tell you my first in game born babies are just now toddlers. :O

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:16 PM
I just had my first set of triplets in game, all girls (the parents both had the wish for a boy). I wonder what delights await me with this little lot....
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:19 PM
Lol yea babies are pretty boring i usually just age them to toddlers right away because i get bored with it i just had a set of twin girls which is what i wanted so i was happy but i havent played through them much because i get bored with them.
Inventor
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:23 PM
There's definetly some plus points over paranting in Sims 2 though.
For starters, parents are a lot smarter when it comes to taking care of the baby.
No more endless trips to the fridge and have the whole house full of bottles because of pathing issues.
You can also now select the baby to see what's wrong with it or what it needs most.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.