Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:26 AM
Trouble Registering
Is anyone else having a problem registering their game? When the serial is typed in, it shows invalid code every time. I found a way around this by using my account that I previously signed up to the Sims 3 with. My niece didn't sign up prior to release date so she can't register her game for some reason. EA is having technical difficulties right now though. Hopefully, the problem will be resolved today so she can download her free lot.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:31 AM
I haven't had any problems registering. Are you typing in the serial in all caps? If you're not, that could be the problem.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
There are more issues than that. Attempting to install Riverview or the Tiki set will return an error that I need to check the version of my game.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:33 AM
Riverview I got fine -- I think there was some kind of server down-time on the site that pops these errors. My downloads stopped right before the "Experiencing technical difficulties" message on their login page.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:29 AM
I am also having trouble registering, though not exactly the same troubles as you. I put in all of the requested information, including the Serial Code, and hit submit... and it just takes me back to the same registration page. No error message is given or anything. I've tried it several times and it keeps doing the same thing.

It says my suggested username is available and the password I'm using seems to meet the criteria, so I'm not sure what's up. I've sent an e-mail to their tech support (long story, but I had to use an old EA account to even log in to send them the e-mail; unfortunately, this old EA account does not let me access the Sims 3 content). When I sent the e-mail, it said they would respond within 24 hours... we'll see.

Anyone else having this problem?
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:07 AM
Im having the same problem as you simsfanjohn except it dont tell me what im doing wrong at all. im so frustrated !
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:58 AM
It doesn't tell me what I'm doing wrong either -- just takes me back to the registration screen. If EA gets back to me (like they say they will), I'll let you know!