Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:23 AM
Default Did you preorder from Gamestop?
I pre-ordered TS3 two weeks ago and when I picked up the game today at Gamestop my game box was empty! The guy at the counter gave me a preorder box and not the actual game! Now I have to drive all the way back over to the mall to go pick it up again!

Has anyone else preordered from Gamestop? Did you get a real disk? I think that he just screwed up and gave me the preorder box and not the official gamebox - if you have gotten yours from Gamestop can you describe your box?

Thanks a bunch!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
I picked mine up this morning from gamestop. I got both a pre-order box (the one that's empty with just a poster and stickers) and the one with the actual game in it. The boxes look the same but the pre-order box says, "PRE-ORDER NOW!" on front. And, the game's cover is shiney. The pre-order box isn't. The game box has the same pattern, but it has a shinyness to it that's different.

I hope they give you the game. The person should have known it was the pre-order box.

EDIT: The one without the actual game also says "Gift with reservation. Pick up at time of Purchase."
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:35 AM
yes...I agree...thanks for the description. My husband picked up the game for me while I was stuck at work. I just got home all excited to play and boom....no disk.

Edit: Ah yes...that is the box they gave him. I am really frustrated now. What if they decide not to give me the game? I really have no proof that I didn't get the game...other than my word. This whole preorder business makes me very nervous - this is the first time I preordered - and if they don't make good I will never do it again.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:19 AM
I preordered from gamestop, but they gave me the actual game, my plumbob, my guide, everything. They should have all the preorders in a separate drawer, so yours is probably still sitting in there and you can claim it. They should have your name on file.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:52 AM
LOL! Excuse my lulz, I'm not laughing at your misfortune. Just at what amateur failures gamestop is. I preordered from gamestop as well with no problem, though.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wndy26
I pre-ordered TS3 two weeks ago and when I picked up the game today at Gamestop my game box was empty! The guy at the counter gave me a preorder box and not the actual game! Now I have to drive all the way back over to the mall to go pick it up again!

Has anyone else preordered from Gamestop? Did you get a real disk? I think that he just screwed up and gave me the preorder box and not the official gamebox - if you have gotten yours from Gamestop can you describe your box?

Thanks a bunch!

I pre-ordered the CE and when I went to pick it up there was no Prima Guide with it and the guy tried to charge me $20.00 for the Prima Guide. I cancelled the CE, bought the standard game and the Prima Guide - I won't be ordering from them again - I will go to Best Buy or someone else more familiar with PC Games...grrrrr! And I lost $5.00 for the pre-order.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:30 PM
I did and everything was there. Although I got mine sent to me in the mail since I live out of town. Easier that way.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonring05
I picked mine up this morning from gamestop. I got both a pre-order box (the one that's empty with just a poster and stickers) and the one with the actual game in it. The boxes look the same but the pre-order box says, "PRE-ORDER NOW!" on front. And, the game's cover is shiney.

Ditto for me.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:53 PM
I had no problem today when I went to GS...they gave me the right box and appologized for their mix up. I was so disappointed last night that I shut off my pc and went to bed angry. LOLz! Today I woke without an alarm at 9:00 - amazing what a little bit of anxiety will do for ya - went to the mall and got my disk. Nowz...I am off to play!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spithead
I pre-ordered the CE and when I went to pick it up there was no Prima Guide with it and the guy tried to charge me $20.00 for the Prima Guide. I cancelled the CE, bought the standard game and the Prima Guide - I won't be ordering from them again - I will go to Best Buy or someone else more familiar with PC Games...grrrrr! And I lost $5.00 for the pre-order.

He was following the rules... they're SUPPOSED to charge you $20 for the full size strategy guide. Now, the content you're left with probably isn't worth the extra $20 you pay for CE, but no reason to cancel pre-order... you already paid $5
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wndy26

Thanks a bunch!

He was supposed to give you 2 boxes. One of the real game and a pre-order case that had no disk but had special stuff you get only with the pre-order.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:53 PM
I got super lucky. I pre-ordered from gamestop and taped to my CE was not the Pre-Order content but another game!

I'm sending the second copy to family.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:42 PM
LOL..I did get two boxes - they explained that today. My husband had no idea though when he picked it up last night...the guy at the counter showed me how the mix up could happen...the preorder box spine has a small amount of red near the top - otherwise its the same spine as the full version. Although...that doesn't explain why he only gave my husband one box and not two...