Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:11 AM
Default leak vs final
I hold in my hands a copy of sims 3, that I bought...not played it yet. Was EA lying when they said the leak was a Beta?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:30 AM
Good luck installing . . .
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:27 AM
Zanev no one has provided a definitive answer to this.

It is also odd that at the moment no one can give a definition of what story progressions does and what the difference between the free will levels is. Yet every seems to be saying these are broken.... well how can you say something is broken if you do not know what it does?

Just a thought.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:47 AM
...Not to mention I don't think we CAN answer. From what I've heard, if you imply that you've pirated the game, the mtsi mods will be right on your case.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:01 AM
I think the only way someone could answer that for sure and not be banned, maybe would be to post a link to an external forum which said the version number of the pirated copy.... maybe.

Then compare that to the version number that has been released. Obviously it would be to an external forum posted by someone with a completely different name....

BTW I would never obtain a pirate copy of a game, it is just not worth it. I am still excited for Friday. I wonder if the patchy patch spoken of can actually be released by then?
Theorist
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:06 AM
There were actually at least two leaked versions (I know of two for certain). I never downloaded either leaked versions but I did see reports of version numbers. #1 leaked version was an earlier build than #2 leaked version. #2 leaked version apparently was the "finished" game as several people who had it actually managed to patch it from EA's website.
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:22 AM
But there is no patch on the website....
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:46 AM
I think there used to be but it was removed because leaked games were phoning home for it