Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:26 AM
Default The Sims 3 Store issue!!!
I know alot of people on here have been having problems with installation of their game and problems with the EADM and game launcher. I would like to know if it is at all possible to still get Riverview from the store, and the items etc. WITHOUT installing the EADM? I bought the game this morning, but am apprehensive in installing it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:39 AM
Sorry no, you must install EADM to get stuff from store, same as Sims 2 Store
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:17 AM
I downloaded riverview without EADM. But when I tried to get the other free items from the store, wouldn't work. So I guess you need it for everything other than riverview.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:48 AM
I don't have it, and Riverview was fine for me -- so was everything else that I got with my points (a plant, a painting, a window, and a statue). Sure it was interrupted when the site "crashed" for a while, but I tried again and the rest of my stuff came through.

Maybe their site is just having issues when everyone can't get their things.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:34 AM
Some people are having major problems both with downloading, registering and getting double-taxed on sim points. Nothing to do but wait for EAxis to fix...
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:44 AM
No problem here, but my sister can't even have the launcher run without her computer crashing. She can play by avoiding the launcher but she can't spend her "free" points or install Riverview.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:45 AM
That sounds more like a corrupted install... Has she tried reinstalling the whole game?
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
That sounds more like a corrupted install... Has she tried reinstalling the whole game?

Yes, 3 times. She has run her antivirus+spyware program, cleaned her computer with CCleaner, no success. I gave her my DVD maybe its a problem with her disc (micro marks on the disc or something)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:57 AM
Yeah, that's also a possibility -- how strange of the game. Hope she figures it out so she can play normally.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:10 AM
The launcher is bugged from what ive heard.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:17 AM
^^ yeah there is a bug i downloaded my yesterday couldn't play my computer crashed and deleted all of my stuff thank god for technology i had a back up disk :D

Heyyyyyy baby.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:19 AM
Maybe it only affects some computers -- mine works fine. Or I could be lucky, one of the two. In any case; more Sims 3 problems? Color me NOT-shocked. -_-
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurasims1
^^ yeah there is a bug i downloaded my yesterday couldn't play my computer crashed and deleted all of my stuff thank god for technology i had a back up disk :D

I doubt that it can delete your personal files and stuff, I doubt it would, I think that might of been PEBKAC without realising it.
Instructor
#14 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Albiel
No problem here, but my sister can't even have the launcher run without her computer crashing. She can play by avoiding the launcher but she can't spend her "free" points or install Riverview.

I've seen post about this at the official Sims 3 forum. It might be caused by your browser (IE or Firefox or whatever you use).
Link:http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/588.page

"Try clearing your browser cache and cookies (Internet Explorer). Close the launcher. Close browser and then try to start over again. If you have the legit game the problem should go away."

This seems to work for most of them anyway. Good luck to everyone having this problem.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:53 AM
i don't know what it was but i probably had a virus and combined with the sims 3 bug would be bad lol but i fixed it it works perfectly fine now

Heyyyyyy baby.