Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:02 AM
Default UK simmers who have ordered from GAME...
My boyfriend checked his email last night and found one from GAME saying my Sims 3 had been sent. The time on the email was 9:34am, so it was sent yesterday morning!
There is a strong possibility I will receive mine today (Royal Mail slowness aside) and I was wondering if anyone else had ordered from GAME and had been notified of shipment early. Or better yet, has anyone received it already today?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kadien
My boyfriend checked his email last night and found one from GAME saying my Sims 3 had been sent. The time on the email was 9:34am, so it was sent yesterday morning!
There is a strong possibility I will receive mine today (Royal Mail slowness aside) and I was wondering if anyone else had ordered from GAME and had been notified of shipment early. Or better yet, has anyone received it already today?

If it was shipped yesterday I reckon you will most likely get it today. Just hope that your postie isn't a kleptomaniac sims fan

I did consider pre ordering online with Game because I've heard people generally get stuff the day before release, but I know if I didn't and then I had to wait for the postman on Friday I'd have gone mad as half the time he doesn't come until gone 1pm. I went for an in store order with Gamestation in the end, so I will be up there as early as possible tomorrow morning.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:01 AM
Your postman doesn't come until 1pm!!! That's dreadful, I thought ours was bad for rolling up around 12ish, but 1 is awful. Smart idea to pick it up yourself.
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:04 AM
Mine was shipped today, Which means it should be here tomorrow (Postman has already been)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kadien
Your postman doesn't come until 1pm!!! That's dreadful, I thought ours was bad for rolling up around 12ish, but 1 is awful. Smart idea to pick it up yourself.

Yup! Sometimes he comes earlier, but nothing like when postmen were old skool and used to come before 9am. Once he actually came at 2.30pm! Grrrr to Royal Mail, don't they know we NEED our stuff earlier?

Rant over :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:16 AM
Yeah, if Game really have sent mine early and it was the good old days of early morning deliveries, I could have already moved my newly created sim into his/her new house by now!
I don't want to resort to waiting on the doorstep and snatching it out of his hands, but if he doesn't hurry up I might have to.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:18 AM
Yeah, I did that. Ordered the collectors ed at Game.co.uk.
I got the same email. but I'd recommend you check the tracking page. Mine says its being 'Picked and packed' but I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow am.
Oh well. It might be a nice surprise for tonight, but I won't hold my breath.

[Edit:] Eeps! Just checked again and now it does say it's been dispatched! Yippeeeee!
Alchemist
#8 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:23 AM
Yeah, mine got Picked & packed yesterday and they sent it out today.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:28 AM
I'm doubting the email now. We'd had a previous one to say picked and packed, but this one actually said dispatched as of 9am-ish yesterday. However...it's not due out until tomorrow is it? Perhaps the email was sent early in error.
If the blummin' postie would speed things up a bit and get here, I could tell you if it was error or not!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:31 AM
I live in glasgow and if any one lives here you should go to gforce in the city centre, they have it. im sitting in college with it in my bag and i cant wait to the end of the day to install it. they only have the normal version just now and there getting the guide too. The only thing thats annoyin is im here to half 4.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:41 AM
Oh wow!!! You're so lucky!! I hope your day goes quick for you so you can play, but I know it'll drag like mad!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:42 AM
Ano the cds so cool. its like the sims faces but green, i only got the normal version but i got six quid to spend on the store.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:46 AM
Hey that's an ok deal isn't it? I'm getting the normal version too, I don't remember if there was a freebie with it. I can't wait to see what the cd looks like, it's part of the thrill of unwrapping it!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:04 PM
I got mine from Gameplay, and guess whats just come through my front door. Only problem is iv now got to go to work, then my friend is coming round tonight, going out tomorrow and shes staying round again tomorrow night, so im not going to get to play it till saturday. Damn it why do i have friends, lol.

My name is Jill. But i am not a bean. Not a baked bean, not a lima bean not even a jelly bean . . . . . . . . Ok maybe a jelly bean.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:07 PM
lol! Everyone is under strict instructions not to disturb me until I contact them. I have to get the initial addiction out of the way.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:15 PM
lol, well its my birthday on saturday and shes taking me to the zoo (yes im 22 and love the zoo, lol) so i cant really say dont bother coming round to take me out for my birthday i want to play the sims.

Anyone else geting it today, have fun for me, lol.

My name is Jill. But i am not a bean. Not a baked bean, not a lima bean not even a jelly bean . . . . . . . . Ok maybe a jelly bean.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:17 PM
Have a lovely birthday x
Instructor
#18 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM
Just rang my local GAME, they only open at 9 o clock! Why not midnight darn it, I want my game! I didnt pre order but he said i shouldnt have any trouble getting it. Im thinking of perhaps calling our Tesco thats open 24 hours, see if they'll have it on the shelves at midnight lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
Calling Tesco is a good idea, they might put it out at midnight you know. Although our Tesco didn't even have the Prima guide out when I went yesterday.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:26 PM
I've got my hands on it now ^^, ordered it from GAME and it has just come through the door =D, installing now
Alchemist
#21 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:27 PM
No where has the guide out yet. It wont be out until the official game is out
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:30 PM
But Play have been selling it for a bit now. Are they being naughty?
Alchemist
#23 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:33 PM
I thought they weren't allowed but I was probably wrong
Instructor
#24 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:35 PM
Just called Tesco, they wont have it out until 8am. So i can either go there at 8am or Game at 9am, sucks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:39 PM
That's poo! But look at it this way, there is way less than a day to go. Think back to when it was three weeks!
Page 1 of 2